Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For sale:

The gentleman I purchased this from stated the following: "Apparently it was built in the late 60's or early 70's. It's a Remington 700 that has been accurized and fully electro coated with an all weather finish, "nickel" maybe and is sitting in one of Brown's original composite stocks. Target crown and trigger work (was completed by a smith at Brown Precision). Great shape minus a couple nicks in the paint on the stock. Original barrel, low round count, shoots great."

My info: 7mm Magnum, 24" barrel, original Walker trigger that breaks cleanly at 2lbs, 7oz with zero creep and absolute minimum over-travel, Serial Number 204685, the electo-finish he spoke of doesn't appear to be nickel, it's a matte, stainless finish; it looks great. The bare rifle weighs 6lb 14.8oz by my postal scales. I have not fired the rifle, so I can not attest to its accuracy. It's truly a great looking rifle, but I'm partial to Brown Precision.

I bought this last year, but have to sell to fund another project.
I'll try to get pics up later this weekend or first of next week. In the meantime, I'll text or email them to you.

This will be advertised here a week or so and then off to Gunbroker.

Payment is by personal or business check (verified prior to shipping), certified check, US Postal Service Money Order.

The first "I'll take it." trumps all. Payment is expected within a week or the item will be relisted.

No trades at this time.

Price is $1300.00 shipped to the lower 48.

Last edited by StudDuck; 01/29/22. Reason: Added caliber to description

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Caliber?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Chambered in?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sorry guys, good help is hard to find.

7mm Mag

For those who have requested photos via email, my email is not cooperating this morning. Please give me a number to text photos to or be patient until I get the problem solved.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Posting for StudDuck

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice rifle. What is the LOP? Thanks

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nice rifle! The "Stainless Steel" marking under the caliber designation denotes a late 60's factory installed SS bbl, not the "coating". Those original SS barrels were "blued" from the factory but they're easy to spot if you know what you're looking for because the "bluing" doesn't really take well and looks thin/pale. Rem used SS barrels in the late 60's for 7Rem Mag, 300Win Mag, and 338 Win Mag.

The coating on the barreled action certainly could be "Electroless Nickel". It's a good coating so long as one keeps an eye on the bolt race-way. EN can flake off, end up in the bolt journals, and then end up galling the bolt lug-faces.

Those late 60's 700's w/factory marked SS bbls are generally VERY accurate rifles.

Good luck w/your sale.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
more pics

Last edited by Mike_Dettorre; 01/29/22.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Finish looks alot like a matte hard chrome rifle I had done years ago by the sadly now defunct Metalloy company.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the information horse1 and thank you so much to Mike for posting the photos, as I'm having some technical problems here this morning. There are still some fine people on this forum!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257Bobs
Nice rifle. What is the LOP? Thanks

13 1/4"

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
264 also came in stainless first few years of production. These were very accurate rifles. Getting hard to find.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Mike_Dettorre

Is the barrel drilled and tapped ?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LFC

For the sights.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/29/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by LFC

For the sights.

Correct.

The open sights have been removed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bump for a fantastic rifle. With availability and prices the way they are now, this seems to be a great deal.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'll throw in a set of RCBS dies with the purchase.

Will be moving this to Gunbroker by week's end.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
tag

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by spence1875
Finish looks alot like a matte hard chrome rifle I had done years ago by the sadly now defunct Metalloy company.

action is from April 1966

I agree, looks like a satin hard chrome finish done by Metalloy out of Berryville, AR ... did not know they went out of business frown

here is a pic of my 1962 40-X chambered in 17 Little Nasty (.17PPC -.180" short) , same finish by Metalloy

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

www.raginblaze.com - Cajun Seasoning with a Southwest Flare

Low sodium, No MSG, infused with smoked chipotle peppers

other seasonings/mixes: taco, chili, fajita, jerky, sausage seasoning, seafood boil, N.O. style coffee & chicory, beignet mix.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 219DW, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,273
Posts18,486,635
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.