Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I’m leaning towards those sub $200 Burris scopes to replace Leupolds. They seem to get recommended a lot.

You will be disappointed.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
I’m leaning towards those sub $200 Burris scopes to replace Leupolds. They seem to get recommended a lot.

Why is that?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Why is that?

Cause he won't have as much range time, using two boxes of core-lokt's to get on bullseye at 50 yds with the Leupy's

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just my opinion. I purchased one and to me it is nothing more than a $150 scope. Is it a decent scope for $150? Yes. Is it better than a similar leupold, No in my opinion.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What is better than a Chevy Vega?...

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
What is better than a Chevy Vega?...

Now there is something that the Burris beats hands down.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just my opinion. I purchased one and to me it is nothing more than a $150 scope. Is it a decent scope for $150? Yes. Is it better than a similar leupold, No in my opinion.

Having owned and used many FFIIs and Leupolds, including doing a side-by-side optical low-light comparison between a FFII 3-9x40, Conquest 3-9x40, and a VXIII 2.5-8x, the optical differences were subtle and IMO all three are very usable, optically. I have, however, seen a better mechanical track record from the FFII and Conquest.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Eyeballs are different... the difference between a 3-9x40 Conquest and a 2.5-8 Leupold isn’t subtle to mine, mostly talking in low light light here. It’s the color balance as it relates to perceived resolution, is my hypothesis. The more blue-white tilt to the color balance that the Conquest has works a lot better for my eyes. The Leup gets blurry in low light well before the Conquest to my eyes.

I’m in my mid-50’s. Hate to be a downer, but younger folks- prepare for your eyes to go to [bleep]. It’s a thing. smile

Agree with the mechanical assessment.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I recently parted with my last Leupold, a VX-III 2.5-8x36, because I found it insufficient in low light. I found it similar in low light as my Weaver Classic 3-9x38, but at double the price. Not sure yet what I’ll replace that Leupold with. A second generation Grand Slam with a 50mm objective would be great, but not easy to find.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don’t remember if I said this to the OP or just thought it, haha... but jeez, not only are riflescopes mission-critical, they are super cool man-gadgets <grin> to play around with. I think some of you should up your budget, live a little. I know a guy can kill deer all day long with $200 scopes, but.... doesn’t mean you HAVE to. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leupold fan here but not a big fan of the vx1 or 2. The freedom has better glass to my eyes. The 1s and 2s suck a low light for me. Ive tried them many times and always found them to be lacking. A bushnell 4200 or 4500 is where i would point you and that would keep you under budget. Great glass and handle big recoil very well

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I asked a similar question about $500 scope earlier & got several decent suggestions Sightron, Meopta that I have and like the Burris FF2 looks better to me than vx2 glass. Doug at cameralandNY always has great suggestions & deals but if I need to buy another hunting scope I’d use on expensive hunts it would likely be a Zeiss V4 3-12 or 4-16. If I wanted something new might try a Tract but I know that so like Zeiss & the V4 on my creedmore is terrific making hits at 1100 yards with cheap ammo possible.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Ghostman
"What is better than a VX1 or VX2?"

Almost anything

Yeah, its a loaded question. Op must like them. He has a chidt load of them. I agree with you though.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Nothing wrong with that. IF its tongue and cheek, you should try one. You may be more than fn surprised..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Originally Posted by slm9s
If I were you, I'd sell 3 or 4 (those Leupolds will bring surprising $$$ on ebay right now) and get one REALLY nice scope. Why have 7 Camrys in the driveway when you can have 2 Camrys and a Mercedes AMG/other luxury/perfomance dream car?
\

Ebay scopes have to be for idiots. Prices are insane. Lfcrok is largest seller. xmas time I sold him a plain jane vx6 2-10 with a nick in the objective rim and no box for $700.

Yeah, it's not a joke, if you sold him a scope like that for that price. I sell there too and you can make some money. Especially on the silver leupolds. Guys go fn ape chidt over those there. I wouldn't be dissing on ebay though, if you are a seller there and making money, like you state.... Just sayin.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Holston
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Originally Posted by slm9s
If I were you, I'd sell 3 or 4 (those Leupolds will bring surprising $$$ on ebay right now) and get one REALLY nice scope. Why have 7 Camrys in the driveway when you can have 2 Camrys and a Mercedes AMG/other luxury/perfomance dream car?
\

Ebay scopes have to be for idiots. Prices are insane. Lfcrok is largest seller. xmas time I sold him a plain jane vx6 2-10 with a nick in the objective rim and no box for $700.

That guy is a friend of a friend in a town nearby. You wouldn't believe how much he is making on there....

Ha ha.. Only an idiot wouldn't believe how much money he's making there. Just sayin.

BSA MAGA
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer
Originally Posted by cdb
Originally Posted by The Happy Kaboomer
Leupold VX 3ci or VX5 or Meopta Meopro 3x10x50 That is if you want clarity early and late. The vx1' & vx2" and freedoms just won't get you there. Been there done that.

I don’t believe Meopta ever made such a scope. The closest I know of would be the MeoPro 3.5-10x44. In addition the MeoPro line has been discontinued for a while.

All the Meopro scopes are still on their website. Including a 3x9x50. I stand corrected on the 3x10's. They are all 44mm. I have 3.

They have been discontinued
. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/15106164/meopta-meopro-discontinued

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 8 invisible), 1,467 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,402
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.