Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Anyone else seen this? Winter of 2013-2014 Ukrainians took to the streets to oppose authoritarian rule and more closely align themselves with Euro nations and less with Russia/Putin. They were successful with overthrowing their corrupt president and having a new election The special riot police (Berkut) seemed to get great joy from beating and killing their own people. Reminds me of a quote seen here often, "Know thy enemies and where they sleep". Given the state of affairs with Russia there, I don't think Ukrainians are going to just roll over if there is an invasion. I hope it's all sabre rattling by Russia and a diplomatic solution can be obtained. From what I could see in the Netflix flick, it appears the Ukrainian's are good freedom loving people.

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Anyone else seen this? Winter of 2013-2014 Ukrainians took to the streets to oppose authoritarian rule and more closely align themselves with Euro nations and less with Russia/Putin. They were successful with overthrowing their corrupt president and having a new election The special riot police (Berkut) seemed to get great joy from beating and killing their own people. Reminds me of a quote seen here often, "Know thy enemies and where they sleep". Given the state of affairs with Russia there, I don't think Ukrainians are going to just roll over if there is an invasion. I hope it's all sabre rattling by Russia and a diplomatic solution can be obtained. From what I could see in the Netflix flick, it appears the Ukrainian's are good freedom loving people.

I understand what you are saying and agree mostly, but I don't believe aligning yourself with the EU is freedom, it's just a different master.

Last edited by Mike78; 02/02/22.
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Mike78

I understand what you are saying and agree mostly, but I don't believe aligning yourself with the EU is freedom, it's just a different master.

I'd agree with that. Lesser of two evils maybe? At least the EU doesn't appear to have plans to annex the Ukraine entirely so I guess that made them the better choice.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad

I'd agree with that. Lesser of two evils maybe? At least the EU doesn't appear to have plans to annex the Ukraine entirely so I guess that made them the better choice.

I'm not sure I would consider those that want no national identity, open borders and globalist ideologies as the lesser of 2 evils.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That was CIA schitt-stirring that start all of that.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Z
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

I'm not sure I would consider those that want no national identity, open borders and globalist ideologies as the lesser of 2 evils.

Exactly… it isn’t like the EU favors, encourages, or even tolerated well Hungarian-style national identities within its borders.

Russia and the EU are both increasingly beholden to China. I don’t see them as much me greater or lesser evil than another they’re just different versions of the same globalist agenda that will both end in Chinese hegemony.

The propaganda machine at Netflix is just that. Propaganda. The globalists want conflict to lend credence to the idea that the EU & Russia are substantively different and Biden wants not only to defend his Burisma money train but to demonstrate to other potential clients the value of their investment in him and his family.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (257wthbylover, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,670
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.