Hop To
G
G46 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
How often does a Company surprise you?

I've had a problem with a slow leak on a couple of tires. Old aluminum rims just don't hold air well. Had in the shop twice and still there.

Today I got off work to find my tire pump on the fritz and needing air. Went to Rieley's got a new one and still could not get either to take air. One was waaayyy low.

It's Sat so that means 99% of repair shops are closed, except the Dealerships...ARRRGGHHHH

Off to Brunswick Subaru I go. 1 1/2 hrs later the guy tells me it's ready and to see the cashier.

Saturday, Dealership....My brain is just repeating Ka-Ching, Ka-Ching...

Get up to the cute little 20 something and just hand her the credit card saying "Don't tell me, just ring it up". She grins at me and asks to sign "Here & "Here". I do.

She hands me the credit card and receipt. "No charge Sir".

"Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. James Mathis, USMC

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Nice! Good for you Now just hope it's really fixed.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I should do this, instead I drag out the compressor every third or fourth day.
Stop being lazy croaker.

Oh, am I supposed to have some pithy saying here? Sorry, not today.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had that happen at the Discount Tire here. Bought an old 2003 Tahoe to use for me around town and our hunting adventures and it had an almost new set of Goodyear AT on it. Yeah, I know. Driving at interstate speed they seemed to be out of balance. Took it to DT and they rebalanced all 4 and checked them out. Were starting to flat spot. I’m shocked. So when I pulled out my debit card the counter guy said No Charge. We’ve bought several sets of tires there but wasn’t expecting that. So where all I buy my next set????

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
G
G46 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
G
It won't be 'Fixed' until I get some newer rims, but considering it's a 13 yr old, but still "low milage' I think Ill keep it for another couple of years.

"Be polite, be professional, and have a plan to kill everyone you meet." Gen. James Mathis, USMC
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Photo of the chick? LOL

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sometimes they do surprise you.

My transfer tank/toolbox combo I had installed on my new flatbed F350 in 2017 started leaking when I filled it up. It would leak until I pumped out 30 gallons or so...

Made a mess. It was getting old. No way to find the leak, it was coming from somewhere I couldn't see on the mounted tank.

Started looking online, and saw the new tank combo was $1500 now.... Aluminum. eek But while there on the website, I looked up the warranty. Well! "Lifetime Limited Warranty".

Hmm... we'll see. I called and got customer service. He said it was probably a weak weld, and gave me instructions to take photos and send my receipt, etc.

Just got my brand new tank this past week. No charge. No shipping charge either. smile

I'll keep buying UWS toolbox products for sure!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by G46
It won't be 'Fixed' until I get some newer rims, but considering it's a 13 yr old, but still "low milage' I think Ill keep it for another couple of years.

You can fix a lot of issues for the price of an auto payment these days.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

381 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 36 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,125
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.