Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Realizing that ALL banks suck, what is anyone's recent experience with Wells Fargo? I would rather deal with a credit union, however, I need the accessibility of a bank that is within easy reach and plenty of ATMs. In my area, that is Wells Fargo, Chase, and SunTrust. And SunTrust isn't going to happen and Chase is OK but a further drive.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
GB4

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Before I landed at the bank I deal with now, I tried
to open an account with the local WF branch and
couldn't get any action from them. It was as if
they thought they had enough depositors or
something. I called trying to get an appointment and
had to leave messages that nobody would return,
and went by a couple of times and there was a
sign in the door that read " LOBBY SERVICE BY
APPOINTMENT ONLY " . Went through the drive through
only to be told that all accounts had to be set up
inside, and by appointment only
Just my experience

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
FWIW- Chase was the bank I left because of
the indifference of the tellers and other employees
of this branch

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Wells Fargo is fine for my business and personal needs. They are a little tougher to deal with for mortgages but sometimes that’s a good thing. They won’t lend on [bleep].

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have used Wells Fargo for the past 40 years. I am satisfied.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Sorry Calvin, anyone who "supports" WF is an idiot. Is that your only choice on the rock?

The schitt they pulled on their customers was inexcusable - they need to be taught an economic lesson.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Sorry Calvin, anyone who "supports" WF is an idiot. Is that your only choice on the rock?

The schitt they pulled on their customers was inexcusable - they need to be taught an economic lesson.

Yup, heard they don't treat their employees very well either.
But then I think of bankers/mortgage guys as glorified car salesmen.

Bankers, car salesmen and lawyers...........scum of the earth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's your beef with Suncoast?

As for your other 2 choices, that's just the difference between bad & worse.

If you really have to use one of them, I'd surely try to minimize both the number of transactions & the $$$'s flow as well.

Both suck big time, IMO.

MM

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Use nothing but local banks. We have some great ones in this part of Virginia too.

Last edited by jackmountain; 02/05/22.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got an account at Wells Fargo for when I'm doing a gig that only pays by direct deposit. When you travel a lot and want access to your money in 15 different states there isn't a lot of options. Sometimes dealing with a scheitt company with scheitt service is the best of your options.

Hooterville Savings and Loan is great for those who never leave Hooterville.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the replys.

During the mortgage default crisis, all the majors were guilty of malfeasance. So if that is the criterion, I suppose the closest rock will work. But as DryPowder pointed out, my needs extend outside of Hooterville so I must hold my nose and proceed forward with the least smelly option. Because Suntrust just merged with BB&T to form Truist, they will be chaos for the next year or so while they merge their systems.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 02/05/22.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DryPowder
I've got an account at Wells Fargo for when I'm doing a gig that only pays by direct deposit. When you travel a lot and want access to your money in 15 different states there isn't a lot of options. Sometimes dealing with a scheitt company with scheitt service is the best of your options.

Hooterville Savings and Loan is great for those who never leave Hooterville.

I bank with two credit unions, have their credit cards and debit cards, have direct deposit and have both union linked to my 401k and investment account at fidelity. I have traveled all over the US and abroad the past 25 years and experience zero money problems using the credit union service in Hoovervilles like Berlin, London, Kiev, Tokyo, Cabo, Miami, Seattle, all over Canada, Alaska, Austin...... Most credit unions have association with other credit unions accross the US. I dumped the big corrupt banks like Wells Fargo and BOA years ago. Numerous auto loans, mortgages, refinancing, HELOC etc through credit unions. Only positive experiences

Why would any American do business with criminals who want to defraud you, hate you and your way of life.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/wells-fargo-bank-agrees-pay-12-billion-improper-mortgage-lending-practiceshttps://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/wells-fargo-bank-agrees-pay-12-billion-improper-mortgage-lending-practices

Last edited by ribka; 02/05/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Illinois enacted it's CCW law in 2013, and also enacted the law that let's any business put a sign on it's entrance that bars entry with a weapon. And this is a law with teeth. A violation results in arrest and prosecution, with advancing levels of fines and imprisonment.

Every local owned bank (and credit union) put the "NO Guns" sign on their doors. Wells Fargo is the only bank in my area that has no such sign.
I support the right, within reason, of any private business to operate as they please on their property. But I vote with my money.

In addition, if a guy uses online bill pay to pay household type bills, WF has the best payment system that I've seen. Remarkably different and better, it automatically reflects payments issued against your available balance. Every other bank I've used does not and has no system to keep track of bills paid against available balance.

Last edited by johnw; 02/05/22.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No ali verga

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Walking away from Wells Fargo this past week actually.

Think we are going to switch to USAA for 100% of everything here shortly.

Brick and mortar banks pretty much all suck anymore...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by hookeye

Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Yup, heard they don't treat their employees very well either.
But then I think of bankers/mortgage guys as glorified car salesmen.

Bankers, car salesmen and lawyers...........scum of the earth.

Lotta truth there...

My Financial advisor left WF for Merrill Lynch... kinda a fiasco induced change... he is happy with ML. We moved $ with him.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CashisKing

What is the process of withdrawing cash from USAA?
Can you get, say, $8000 from one location with one visit?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Aren't most local banks amd credit unions reimbursing for transaction fees for using other banks atms? If that's the reason you want to use a big bank, I don't think you are asking the right questions.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
They seem to be the only Too Big To Fail bank that's not attacking the Second Amendment.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by CashisKing

What is the process of withdrawing cash from USAA?
Can you get, say, $8000 from one location with one visit?

Not sure... they don't have "actual" brick and mortar banks near me.

I can withdraw ($1k a day for 60 days) if I need to keep a stash of cash for some reason. USAA reimburses all ATM fees from any bank.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,904
Posts18,479,364
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.