Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

My last two P/U orders at Wally's Place......distilled water ?

Outta stock.....Hmmm.....WTH ?

I usually keep a good supply handy...down to 3 gallons now...

Main use is CPAP machine & mixing antifreeze to 50/50

Occasional wet flooded batteries....

Take a look in your usual places if you're using it.....

https://www.ksl.com/article/50341820/utahns-hunt-for-distilled-water-for-medical-needs-amid-shortage

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No issue here.

Our water is hard, have a conditioner.
3x recommended salt. We don't have an RO.

Use distilled in c-pap and coffee maker. Tap water will destroy them.
Had an ice tea machine, our water ate the elements.

Can you install an RO?
Theoretically that should get you there.

Look into the boil method too.
Basically you boil a big pot of water, let it sit overnight, then siphon off the top.
The minerals will have settled to the bottom.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 02/06/22.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

white vinegar in the coffee maker once a month....

CPAP suggests distilled water to keep any bacteria growth away from the machine's innards

Bezo's store has distillers for $130 ish & up

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I don't use water in mine any more. I turned off the heater too. Haven't noticed any negative effects.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My travel CPAP has been used with regular bottled water for 5 years without an issue. I am on the road 3 nights per week on average. It gets used a lot. My doctor said use any bottled water, just NEVER use tap water from a natural spring.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a coincidence, I just went to the grocery store and the entire distilled water shelf was empty. We have an RO at work that I fill empty gallon jugs from for drinking water. When the store is out of distilled, RO is good enough. I'm more concerned about mineral buildup then bacteria.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yeah if I use tap water it ends up with film in the reservoir. Distilled is what we use too. Been pretty scarce lately. Brandon must be fuggin that up too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by yeselk
I don't use water in mine any more. I turned off the heater too. Haven't noticed any negative effects.

I could never get away with that. Rarely, I do forget to fill the tank and in the morning my mouth feels like cotton.

MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I am going to have a sleep study Tuesday night. How hard is it to get use to sleeping with all that stuff on your head and face?

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Yeah if I use tap water it ends up with film in the reservoir. Distilled is what we use too. Been pretty scarce lately. Brandon must be fuggin that up too.

Either that or everyone's so depressed they all shifted over to making booze instead.

MOLON LABE
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I am going to have a sleep study Tuesday night. How hard is it to get use to sleeping with all that stuff on your head and face?

I fought with it and hated it and actually got less sleep for a couple weeks. Just man up and deal with it and after about a month, not only will you not really think about it, it'll feel strange not using it. At least that's how it was for me. Now, 7 years later, I can't really sleep without it.

MOLON LABE
D
D

Saddlesore,believe me it is a life saver. I had cardiac arrythmia due to sleep disorder but the cpap cured that for me. I didn't know what it was like to NOT be falling asleep during the day. Stick to it.

Last edited by dmurf205; 02/06/22.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Been using for about 18 months now.....

First few nights....was miserable...restricting....

Now it's old hat so to say....no more snoring...good sleep/rest

Snoring is gone......wife is happy with that

I will admit though I still will occasionally wake up & rip it off & toss on the floor

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

I fought with it and hated it and actually got less sleep for a couple weeks. Just man up and deal with it and after about a month, not only will you not really think about it, it'll feel strange not using it. At least that's how it was for me. Now, 7 years later, I can't really sleep without it.

This^^^^^
I'm borderline as far apnea goes. The chronic sinus drip down the throat at night over time can cause problems. Also upper cervical troubles can cause issues as well. I suffer from both and the cpap is the best solution so far.
I hated it at first then one day I realized how much better I felt after keeping it on all night. Hate to go without it now.

We have seen shortages of distilled water here for a couple weeks at the time off and on. Started keeping 5-6 jugs on hand to get through the empty shelf times. We have used bottled drinking water without issue. Tap is a no go here.

sadlesore, hope the test goes well and you don't have apnea. If you do, stick with it, most folks can tolerate it.
The folks that supply the device can make or break compliance, some of them don't care if the patient fails as long as they get paid for the first go around. Keep at them if whatever they prescribe don't work. There are a ton of options as far as equipment goes.

Good luck

Last edited by blindshooter; 02/06/22.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Vince, I been using one since December, like others I'm getting used to it I went with the nasal, cpap. A buddy like them better. I went thru heart problems, this last summer, fixed as of now. I had to wear the monastery one night, it said I had stopped breathing 22 times, that night. Good luck and pm me if you need too, bought your 38-40 stuff off you. Best John

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by dmurf205

Saddlesore,believe me it is a life saver. I had cardiac arrythmia due to sleep disorder but the cpap cured that for me. I didn't know what it was like to NOT be falling asleep during the day. Stick to it.

dmurf........welcome to the fire.......

Now............sit back & enjoy the show

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
I am going to have a sleep study Tuesday’s night. How hard is it to get use to sleeping with all that stuff on your head and face?

Good question because you WILL get one.

Nobody has a sleep study without getting a PAP of some sort.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Maybe. But I sort of think that is because they don't refer people who don't need one.

My mom almost demanded one, thinking she needed it due to her sleep problems. They turned her away after measuring her neck and doing a quick exam.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

yep

I'm a believer

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Make your own if you need to, there are lots of videos out there.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

152 members (32_20fan, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 22 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 910 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,663
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.