Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by dubePA
Buying any kind of work or hunting boots that aren't made in China or Vietnam, is nigh impossible. Wore Carolina and Georgia work boots for years, they went ChiCom long ago. Bought a pair of Rocky 800 gram boots at least 20 years ago. China.

Have a pair of Wolverine pigskin light weight waterproof 200 gram boots, that got to be at least 30 years old? Vibrams are barely but a memory for depth. But the uppers are like new. US made. Every pair of Wolverines I've bought in the past 20 years, made in China. But they're all comfy and lasting well.
Maybe 45 or 50 years ago the EPA outlawed the glue used in glue-on soles. It was one of their early regulations after they were created in 1970. There was nothing else that worked so all glue-on boots went offshore. With 1 mindless regulation, the EPA killed the entire US shoe making industry. A rep from Danner told me this. I don't know if anyone has invented a decent glue since then. I sure don't see many US made shoes in the stores.

The EPA has been pivotal in driving many, MANY manufacturing industries offshore.
It's criminal what they've accomplished.

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back to Dickies. I ordered the coat Saturday. Since then I've had at least a dozen spam emails from them. As soon as the coat arrives I'm blocking their number. They aren't making any friends with their spam.

At the bottom of the email click unsubscribe. Never click unsubscribe on true spam, emails you dont have a business relationship with. But in this case youll be fine.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by pahick
Back to Dickies. I ordered the coat Saturday. Since then I've had at least a dozen spam emails from them. As soon as the coat arrives I'm blocking their number. They aren't making any friends with their spam.

At the bottom of the email click unsubscribe. Never click unsubscribe on true spam, emails you dont have a business relationship with. But in this case youll be fine.
I'm way ahead of you. We'll see if it works. I think some stores sell their unsubscribe list to other spammers.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pahick

I'm way ahead of you. We'll see if it works. I think some stores sell their unsubscribe list to other spammers.

Why you should always have 6-7 gmail accounts ...or more.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I need another jacket like I need another hole in my head, but for $27, I ordered one. I've a received an order confirmation email, a shipping conformation email, and one promotional email for something else. Not really any different than any other online order for me - nothing I'd call spam...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just arrived. It's a heck of a good coat for $29. The black cuffs would look better if they matched the sleeves. It's nylon they put around the cuffs to make them last longer. There are warm elastic cuffs inside. It has 3 inside pockets. It fits very well. The hood fits nicely over a cap. Sometimes hoods don't fit at all.
I'll get some good use out of it.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine arrived too. Agreed, it's a great coat for the coin. I'm not wild about the baggy cuffs and may do something about it. I hate cuffs that hang up on stuff when you're working. For $27 I'm not complaining. Tag says made in Bangladesh.

Last edited by SockPuppet; 02/09/22.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mine should arrive today. I'll post first impressions.

It arrived. I have to say, I was expecting a more or less light jacket. Nope. This is a HEAVY coat, suitable for ice fishing. I ordered an XL because overseas-made items tend to come in small for that label. Nope again. It's a true XL and I could wear a really heavy sweater under it if I ever needed to. If I ever was planning a trip to Greenland, for example.

Last edited by RockyRaab; 02/09/22.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Mine arrived yesterday. An XL for me fits perfect. My three sons will receive mediums come Christmas. They are very nice jackets.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Bargain of the year as far as I'm concerned. 100% better than what I was expecting for $29. Wish I'd have bought a couple more.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Received mine today and bargain of the year is an understatement. Thinking about treating it with something for better waterproofing, any thoughts on that ?

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I bought 3. I also bought a couple other jackets that I couldn’t pass up.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Web site now says out of stock. Go figure...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sjc
Boots made in the USA:
Nick’s Boots
West Coast Boots (WESCO)
White’s Boots
Russell Boots (great hunting boots with moccasin toes)
Hoffman Boots (most are made in the USA but not all)

None of these are cheap but they last forever and can be rebuilt because they are sewn and not glued together.

Add Anderson Bean to the list.

And no, not cheap but really only twice as much as some chit Chinese cowboy boots that will fall apart and make your leg itchy with the chit leather.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Got mine today and I will say I am impressed! The flexibility of these jackets is off the charts!

Thanks for posting the link!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just discovered a deficiency - there's no hook loop to hang it up. That's minor.

― George Orwell

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

491 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 56 invisible), 2,862 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,615
Posts18,473,942
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.