Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by johnw
Thanks, Bill N,

I'm in unknown territory and don't know exactly what I'm talking about half the time. Pictures pay off.

Is the windage adjustable feature of the Sako ringmount a big deal? Will I miss it if I don't have it?

I've never had to use the windage adjustment on the old style ringmounts. Or had any problems zeroing a scope in the Leupold ringmounts.

The slotted screws in the old ringmounts are a little shallow and easy to bugger up. There was a guy on the old Sako collector site that had some made out of harder steel with deeper slots but I don't have his contact info or know if he still has any. The old mounts are still worth $50-$75 if the bluing isn't worn.

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
HR IC

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Embarrased
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bill_N
Thanks, Bill N,

I'm in unknown territory and don't know exactly what I'm talking about half the time. Pictures pay off.

Is the windage adjustable feature of the Sako ringmount a big deal? Will I miss it if I don't have it?

I've never had to use the windage adjustment on the old style ringmounts. Or had any problems zeroing a scope in the Leupold ringmounts.

The slotted screws in the old ringmounts are a little shallow and easy to bugger up. There was a guy on the old Sako collector site that had some made out of harder steel with deeper slots but I don't have his contact info or know if he still has any. The old mounts are still worth $50-$75 if the bluing isn't worn.

I sold the last pair I had 4 months ago for 150 and the guy said he got a deal on it, they are running almost if not 200 on Fleabay.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Thanks, Bill N,

I sold the last pair I had 4 months ago for 150 and the guy said he got a deal on it, they are running almost if not 200 on Fleabay.

Damn! I have a NIB set of mediums I may have to sell for that kind of money. I hate paying fees to fleabay though

Affordable Sportfishing Charters and Cruises out of Noank CT - https://www.rowdygirlcharters.com/
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Embarrased
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Thanks, Bill N,

Damn! I have a NIB set of mediums I may have to sell for that kind of money. I hate paying fees to fleabay though

Yeah,I closed my account last year. I'll just keep stuff and or sell it on here or privately in the future.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.