Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 66 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 65 66
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I watched Sparkle Socks on TV last night. Sat at the kitchen table this morning and watched the truckers news conference on You-tube.

I figure I can sit in jail just as easy as at the kitchen table—hell I’m retired and ain’t much use to anybody anyway. Ottawa is a straight shot down Highway 11 which runs past my front door. I got the old car gassed up—packed a small duffel bag—prolly put a couple of jerrycans in the trunk. It’s prolly a 12 hour drive.

Soon as the live feeds from Ottawa drop I’ll be on my way.

GB1

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Your the man KKahmann, best to you!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by kkahmann
I watched Sparkle Socks on TV last night. Sat at the kitchen table this morning and watched the truckers news conference on You-tube.

I figure I can sit in jail just as easy as at the kitchen table—hell I’m retired and ain’t much use to anybody anyway. Ottawa is a straight shot down Highway 11 which runs past my front door. I got the old car gassed up—packed a small duffel bag—prolly put a couple of jerrycans in the trunk. It’s prolly a 12 hour drive.

Soon as the live feeds from Ottawa drop I’ll be on my way.

Good luck sir!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
kkahmann;
Morning sir!

I'll be praying for safe travels for you for sure - as my late father used to put it "journeying mercies".

Thanks from the still dark south Okanagan sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673 & kolofardos;
Morning to both of you!

It doesn't look like many of us BC rednecks can sleep in does it?

Just sending best wishes to you both for the day.

Drinking coffee here and contemplating ice fishing for perch again.

Dwayne

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Hoping to hear news of another protest in Toronto on Saturday. I'll be taking along an empty gas can in symbolic support.

Full gas cans would just tend to inflame the police. Pun intended.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wannabebwana;
Top of the morning to you from the still dark mountains of BC sir.

I hope you're all well, thanks so much for your efforts.

Here's another news source I found that has 3.89 million subscribers and this video has nearly 29,000 views - one assumes world wide?

Between WION and now Hindustan News, the next trip that Prince Hide 'n Ski takes to India might be a tad less cordial?

All the best.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning again sir.

Here's what ignoring the supply chain issues will result in.

Can't we please just go home and follow instructions????

Well not anymore apparently Prince Hide 'n Ski.

We'll see how this all shakes out for him and for us.

Have a good one.

Dwayne

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Morning, Dwayne. A bright and sunny -4C here today. You can feel the sun getting warmer each day.

If you think about it, this is really the first real challenge Sparkle Socks has faced in his tenure. A feckless Conservative Party leadership along with the media and Privy Council running interference on any other scandals have made him feel like a God-Emperor.

One can just imagine him stomping his feet in frustration because those mean truckers just won't listen!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lorne

Sure would be proud if these two were your friends/family/colleagues

Lorne;
Morning to you sir, thanks for the reply on our previous exchange.

Indeed it would sound like we're about the same age and definitely on the same page.

Here's just some patrolman from somewhere south of the medicine line - but 45,000 people have watched his heart to heart so far - on this channel.

Will it make a difference?

Maybe, I'm not sure, but it's a start.

All the best.

Dwayne

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Hey guys.

Not much happening this morning. Late night for myself.
We have a few short meetings to do today but that’s about it.

With the injunction in place it’s pretty quiet around here now.
Still people coming out every day to see what’s going on and supporting all of us here. There is a flag raising every afternoon along with everyone joining in for the national anthem (pre-Justrun anthem).

There are rumours flying around online that this area will go dark and we will be swarmed and arrested by Friday. No one has validated these rumours.

I haven’t seen anyone get worked up about it as scare tactics have been what the police and government have been doing even before we arrived.

Weather has warmed up, probably close to 0 right now and a few flakes have started to fall.

Pitter Patter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Thanks for checking in sir.

You know there's a bunch of us waiting for you to do that.

Hey, most of us are dads and while we might not say so, we worry... wink

I'm sure I'm not alone in praying daily for you and your BIL here either - and the rest of course.

Stay well.

Dwayne

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
First thing I do when I wake up is Pray for my brethren. We are winning, they are flying Canadian flags in foreign Countries as their convoys get under way. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
First thing I do when I wake up is Pray for my brethren. We are winning, they are flying Canadian flags in foreign Countries as their convoys get under way. smile

673;
That's really something isn't it?

This is yet another area of life where if you'd have asked me even a month ago if I could foresee a situation where that'd happen, I'd have bet money against it.

My goodness it's a good thing I don't gamble, you know?

Best to you my friend.

Dwayne

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Dwayne, 673 and others here.

Everyday we look back here waiting for your words of support as well. I personally have felt at peace this entire time, I haven’t had any bad days yet. It’s almost unfair. There are those around here that ride a rollercoaster of emotions in relation to what is happening around us. They waiver in their surety of the support behind and around them.

I take your words of encouragement and share them with those that need reassuring. It generally doesn’t take long to turn around a few sour thoughts. Your words go further than you may know.

Thanks again guys.

Pitter Patter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Thanks for that, I appreciate you sharing that with us.

For me, as I've aged and our kids grew up and started their own lives, the tough part about being a dad was that I didn't feel as "useful" as when they were younger.

My absolute best days for our kids and their significant others is when I can help them in a meaningful way be it making a shelf, installing some cabinets or countertops or helping with an oil change. We're rural so can do work on cars in our yard and one is in a strata and one rents so even oil changes are not allowed.

Anyway all that to say sir that when I'm able to do something "useful" for you such as petition the Creator on your behalf - well that's a blessing for me too, if that makes sense?

So yah, the dads here will continue to pray for you and your BIL for peace, wisdom and discernment.

If you ever make it out to the Okanagan, there's some coffee with your name on it too.

Dwayne

Edit to add;
It goes without saying hopefully that I pray for our daughters, their significant others and my entire family daily as well, since I believe with all my heart its effective and has proven to be useful for sure.

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/08/22.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Good morning, Nashville. I posted this in another thread. What are the Ontario truckers saying about the possibility of losing their commercial licenses? The federal transport minister suggested to Doug Ford that he should pull them.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...f-their-commerical-licenses#Post16935436

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Steve Redgwell continues to find new lows.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nashville
Dwayne, 673 and others here.

Everyday we look back here waiting for your words of support as well. I personally have felt at peace this entire time, I haven’t had any bad days yet. It’s almost unfair. There are those around here that ride a rollercoaster of emotions in relation to what is happening around us. They waiver in their surety of the support behind and around them.

I take your words of encouragement and share them with those that need reassuring. It generally doesn’t take long to turn around a few sour thoughts. Your words go further than you may know.

Thanks again guys.

I have been firing off letters to Native groups asking for a clarification of position, sitting on the fence isn't a position.
Time to nut up, my people haven't contributed to Canada in 135 years, why lie.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Good morning Steve, I have not heard anyone mention it. We have seen the article but I’m not sure anyone really cares too much? If they do suspend the truckers licenses, they would then have to deal with towing all the trucks that would now have no driver. Towing companies have declined to tow anyone here and there are many more people that would come in and take our places or blockade the blockade such as done in Alberta.

Last edited by Nashville; 02/08/22.

Pitter Patter!
Page 33 of 66 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 1941USMC, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,886
Posts18,518,273
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.