-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 158XTP
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Interesting. These articles show the biases of two different media outlets. In both cases, they have a large subscription base. A clash of ideologies. Who will win?

Win what, some blogging war? The issue is between the group that is shutting down middle class freedom, wealth, travel, employment choice( about 4-5 of the major human rights) over a so called supervirus that to date still barely beats diabetes for global deaths ...and people who would like to handle this non-entity flop of a virus like we handle all things of similar fatality by 'getting on with life'. Any drones who want to line up for the next 15 boosters that still dont work, ban themselves from workplaces or wear masks in their cars, are welcome to. They can sign up to whatever rubbish news rag to boot.

Steve is a useful idiot for the Trudeau facist govt and proves this with everyone of his posts . Prove me wrong

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
The problem we, and all who read/watch the news have, is all outlets are biased. All are loathe to let the truth get in the way of their story. Left wing, right wing, or centrist; all of them are quite willing to lie to us. Sometimes, they will go to great lengths to do so. If something happens which would seem to support their biased narrative, they will be all over it. If it then turns out to have been a false flag, it will be ignored or spun.
The mayor of Ottawa has shown himself to be somewhat prescient in declaring a state of emergency. We are in a state of emergency; it started when we decided to allow politicians to rule us rather than serve us. GD

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just how protected are those in the press?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mike78;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that wherever this finds you, you're getting to see the sun - it's a rarity in our winters is all - and that you're well.

That's a really good question on a few levels in my opinion.

Unfortunately I can only give you one old BC redneck's opinion on that, which might be way off base from reality but here goes.

Like everywhere it seems anymore the legacy media is crumbling in real time as people go online for their news. They - that is the press/media - aren't protected from that for sure unless they're willing to go on their own the way Rex Murphy has, but admittedly he's doing it in retirement.

The legacy media seems to me to be alarmingly synchronized with left leaning Canadian political parties. By synchronized I mean they'll use the same words, phrases and phrasing in their sentence structures at times. Many times too often in my view. That cannot be coincidental or at least I've not had anyone convince me that's possible. So they're reading from the same page of the same script.

The press then will be protected from political pressure by those who read the same script. One has to imagine that as a logical extension of the arrangement I would think anyways.

The sticky wicket would arise when enough Canadians begin to wonder why their TV station news readers, please note I didn't say journalists - all are saying the same thing and stop listening to them AND start voting for change.

The current Liberals/left leaning parties have supported the legacy media with millions of dollars and admit that.

Some on the right like Pierre Poilievre have openly spoken about stopping that - which may well mean defeat at the polls for him as the press and media campaign against him - or not as they see writing on the wall like we read Belshazzar did, but they see their name upon it?

We'll see I suppose, but in the meantime I'll do my best to point out to anyone who wants to listen what I see as obvious issues with our press and media.

Hopefully that was somewhat of an answer albeit not a definitive one by any stretch.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Mike78;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that wherever this finds you, you're getting to see the sun - it's a rarity in our winters is all - and that you're well.

Unfortunately I can only give you one old BC redneck's opinion on that, which might be way off base from reality but here goes.

Like everywhere it seems anymore the legacy media is crumbling in real time as people go online for their news. They - that is the press/media - aren't protected from that for sure unless they're willing to go on their own the way Rex Murphy has, but admittedly he's doing it in retirement.

The legacy media seems to me to be alarmingly synchronized with left leaning Canadian political parties. By synchronized I mean they'll use the same words, phrases and phrasing in their sentence structures at times. Many times too often in my view. That cannot be coincidental or at least I've not had anyone convince me that's possible. So they're reading from the same page of the same script.

The press then will be protected from political pressure by those who read the same script. One has to imagine that as a logical extension of the arrangement I would think anyways.

The sticky wicket would arise when enough Canadians begin to wonder why their TV station news readers, please note I didn't say journalists - all are saying the same thing and stop listening to them AND start voting for change.

The current Liberals/left leaning parties have supported the legacy media with millions of dollars and admit that.

Some on the right like Pierre Poilievre have openly spoken about stopping that - which may well mean defeat at the polls for him as the press and media campaign against him - or not as they see writing on the wall like we read Belshazzar did, but they see their name upon it?

We'll see I suppose, but in the meantime I'll do my best to point out to anyone who wants to listen what I see as obvious issues with our press and media.

Hopefully that was somewhat of an answer albeit not a definitive one by any stretch.

All the best.

Dwayne

Thank you for your reply and I feel humbled by it, considering my question.

It's good to know that good people exist, but my question was more about how protected, meaning security, do the press have. I think like a hunter, and the press are the lungs of the enemy. Destroying the lungs brings down the prey.

So how protected are the press?

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Mike78;

All the best.

Dwayne

You are describing a massive win for us all.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mike78;
Good afternoon once more sir, thanks for the reply and clarification.

Well now let's see if I can better answer the question as I understand it.

In my view every time the legacy media/press and politicos get caught reading from the same page, it increases the chances of them taking a bullet - can even be a cup and core - not mono, not bonded - through the lower lungs - right where the heart can be traumatized too, which will lead to an untimely demise.

There's some like Rex Murphy I mentioned that could stand a fair bit of lead or arrows because he's earned enough public trust that there's some built in armor that comes along with that trust.

To folks my age - boomers - who only get their news from legacy media, then it's tougher to make a good lung shot for sure.

That said, this event has now made international news headlines and some like CNN are obviously reading from the same scrips as Canadian legacy media but there's an amazing amount of shots being fired by the likes of Russell Brand, Jordan Peterson, Dave Rubin and WION news to name a few.

Russell has nearly 4 million followers and WION - news out of India - have at least that many as well. That's not everything for sure, but it's not nothing either.

Having the likes of Tucker Carlson, Gov. Ron DeSantis and even Elon Musk give positive coverage or opinions on the convoy protest might not be a lung shot for our press, but it's at very least a swift kick to the testicles and I'll take that as a small win thanks. cool

Again this is my opinion, but having the participation from so much of Ontario and especially Quebec absolutely blew me away. I did not see that coming and would have bet fair sums of money they'd not show up, but no, I was wrong and they showed up in absolute uncountable throngs.

There has not been - in my lifetime that I can recall - so more than half a century - an event which caused this many Canadians with this diversity of backgrounds show up and join together. Again not to put too fine a point on it, but I would have firmly stated up to last week we were beyond that.

But I was dead wrong.

Maybe it's possible the lungs have been hit, but since it was going at a good trot when we hit it, it didn't break stride so we thought we missed.

We should however, as at all times when we fire at any game, waddle over and check the ground for blood or any sign of a hit, correct?

Here's hoping we find pink frothy lung blood when we get there.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am glad that most of the readers in this thread are finally on track.

As late as the 1970s, graduates of journalism and broadcast schools were taught that reporters and news readers were not to offer opinions. Only the editor was allowed to do that. That’s changed. More opinions are heard from news readers than in the past.

We did not have cellphones or the Internet.That's changed too. Since the 1990s, ordinary citizens, the media and special interest groups have been able to instantly send pictures, videos and their ideas to others around the world.

Instant communications are a double edged sword. They can show us events as they happen, but sometimes what we see or read is not the truth. This has made fake news so easy to distribute.

In order for us to figure things out, we have to read and watch as much as we can to get a feel for the big news stories. You want the truth, but despite having more news feeds, it’s more difficult to find than ever before.

We are bombarded with video, pictures and talk. Sometimes, it’s overwhelming. Nonetheless, you have to sort through it in order to get closer to the facts.

You cannot rely on one or two sources for the truth. You have to pick bits and pieces out of the media basket and form your own opinion of events. It isn’t easy.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

You cannot rely on one or two sources for the truth. You have to pick bits and pieces out of the media basket and form your own opinion of events. It isn’t easy.

From the No Shiet Sherlock files

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Mike78

Why are you so angry?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mike78

Why are you so angry?

Why are you so stupid?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I thought so. Carry on.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL.. both you guys carry on, please.. laugh

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 673

I think you learned that bits and pieces of information can come from the strangest of places - like the CBC. GoFundMe didn't do anyone any favours, did they? crazy

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-mandate-protest-fundraiser#Post16915253

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

I think you learned that bits and pieces of information can come from the strangest of places - like the CBC. GoFundMe didn't do anyone any favours, did they? crazy

Is this supposed to teach me a lesson? Is the lesson the CBC is sometimes got good stuff? grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I thought so. Carry on.

useful marxist Trudeau idiot

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by 673

Is this supposed to teach me a lesson? Is the lesson the CBC is sometimes got good stuff? grin

No. I don't think you can understand. Others get it however. laugh

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are not wrong, giggle.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Steve, I don't think you're gonna win any arguments or friends here by trying to be objective. I know you're not what some are trying to make you out to be. However, by joining in a mud-slinging contest isn't the way to go, and I think you know that.

To the rest: My wife and I greatly appreciated Pierre Trudeau's "Just watch me" attitude when we lived in Montreal during the FLQ crisis. Nonetheless, I'm a true conservative in a social sense, and believe Stephen Harper to have been our greatest and best PM for a long time. And until the CP can come close to that again in leadership, we'll end up with increased left-leaning PMs because that's the cultural trend in Canada, Europe and the USA - away from God and to have "freedom" to "do your own thing" - meaning increased self-deception and immorality. Since I can't agree with those trends, I'll abstain from voting for anyone who supports them! But, since I can't support the NDP's agenda, nor the current Liberal thinking - and it's proxies in the media, I'll vote for the local Conservative rep, and have done so for the past 35 years.

It's not news, but Justin is not only a poor leader but a dangerous one who seems only concerned about maintaining "power" and "image" for its own sake.

Bob
www.bigbores.ca

"What shall it profit a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul" - Jesus

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1minute, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,819
Posts18,477,719
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.