Yesterday I was fishing a place that varied in depth from 6' to 14'. The ice was 6" thick and clear. My auger cuts 6" holes. I have my Striker 4 plus setup for ice fishing using the boat transducer and an 18v Ridgid power tool battery (20.2v). Outside temp was about 35°f and water temp was 34°f.

https://sites.google.com/site/hobbyhintstricksideas/garmin-striker-4-plus-diy-ice-fishing-kit

The problem was that I was getting a lot of interference and clutter - but I wasn't finding weeds, catching fish, and I was alone. Also, the image of my jig (1/16oz rubber body lead head total length of 2.5") was very fuzzy. I was using 77khz for maximum cone width.

I adjusted the gain by setting it to auto-low and that helped in traditional view. But Flasher view was jumbled with lots of false markings.

The first time I used this was on a large lake with 10" of snow covered ice and 25' of water and was able to watch a nice trout rise up and hit my lure in Traditional view. This is only my second time using this instrument so I'm looking for some pointers.