Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Have a cousin that ate meow mix and occasionally dog food when we were kids. He got worms. BAD.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Never tried it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[spoiler][/spoiler]Yep. I try everything - curious that way

I do not recommend wet food tho - it’s got a terrible texture in general. Like paté but way more bland and greasy

Last edited by PintsofCraft; 02/08/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never eaten dog food, but I had some coworkers who used to accuse me of eating dog food. This was 40+ years ago in an obscure corner of NASA's Space Sciences lab.

Everyone in our group would gather for lunch in a back room equipped with a microwave oven. One of my staples for lunch in those days was canned chili. The scientist I worked under would always tease me, and say that my chili looked like dog food. I got the bright idea of steaming the label off a can of real dog food, and pasted it over the label on a can of chili. The department secretary was the first to notice the label on the can I was emptying at lunch the next day. To this day I can still hear her screeching, "Ricky's eating dog food!!!".

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
No dog food, used to eat the horses oats, with molasses from the barrel. First granola type food I tried! Mom got pissed because I left a ball of oats with molasses in my pocket, when she washed. The old ringer squished that ball flat, and the pocket stuck together when dried. She had to wash them again!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldHat
Some dog food is made in china. Dog food is not held to the same standards as food meant for human consumption.

Those two facts should tell you NEVER eat dog food.

I was always told grain that contained too much animal feces such as deer and elk droppings would be deemed unfit for human consumption and sold at a lesser value as animal food.

Don't know how true that is but some here should know.

I am aware for a fact that fish guts from commercial processing plants can be used in dog food.
When that dog food states 'made with real salmon' they ain't talking about filets.

One can only assume that chicken and turkey content in dog food might be quite the same.
Probably beaks, butts and guts.

Eat what you wish, doubt it'll kill ya.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Heym06
No dog food, used to eat the horses oats, with molasses from the barrel. First granola type food I tried! Mom got pissed because I left a ball of oats with molasses in my pocket, when she washed. The old ringer squished that ball flat, and the pocket stuck together when dried. She had to wash them again!

I used to do they same when I was a kid. I’d get a handful of oats at the barn ,throw them in and suck the molasses out of them. Then spit out the oats. Then my mother caught me……

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked for a family owned company and the kids were always messing with the old man. One of the kids pulled dads sandwich and replaced it with a cat food sandwich.

Mike was about 65 at the time and I never thought he could swing quite like that.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This is a slumlord thread.

Which begs the question…….

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I used to mix in the bar snacks after midnight for the fat drunk chicks at my fraternity house in college.

I was a dick back then.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Who starts a thread with a question like this?

Good grief...

The original Frito Bandito!
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I used to mix in the bar snacks after midnight for the fat drunk chicks at my fraternity house in college.

I was a dick back then.

What do you mean, “back then” ?😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When I was little, like five years old and younger, I used to get out in the garage with a little neighbor girl and chow down on dry dog food while our mothers visited. We finally had to stop when my brother complained to our moms that he couldn’t afford to feed his bird dog and us too.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Tried a small Milk-Bone once when I was a kid

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used to give Milk Bones out at Halloween for the kids. Kids thought it was a great idea. I'll bet a few of them ate them themselves.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Man was in a big supermarket buying a 2 large bags of dog biscuits for his 2 dogs.
He was standing in the queue at the till when the woman behind him asked if he had a dog.
Thinking it was a very stupid question he replied on impulse. “No, I’m starting The Dog Food Diet again, although I probably shouldn’t because I’d ended up in the hospital last time, but by then I’d lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.”
Shocked, the woman said “50 pounds?”.
“Yes”, he replied, “it was essentially the perfect diet and the way that it works is to load your trouser pockets with dog biscuits and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so I am going to try it again.”
At this point everyone in the queue was enthralled with the story.
However, the woman was horrified and asked if he’d ended up in the hospital in that condition because he had been poisoned.
“No”, he said “It was because I was sitting in the road licking my balls when a car hit me.”

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My dad ate cat food out of the fridge thinking it was potted meat. He is 79 years old and we still make fun of him!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was very young I would sneak a can of Vets dog food into the basement and pretend I was Popeye and the Vets was my can of spinach.

I'd take a pinch and beat on my brother....or at least pretend to.

Explains a lot.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kran-Mars delicious mystery appetizer!

-Ken

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Always knew you were stupid and asked stupid questions, now you have put it in print and removed all doubt.

How much dog food have you eaten?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,102 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,840
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.