-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
D
Ditto for running the cpap on 12v. I bought a female cigarette lighter plug with alligator clips and a male cigarette plug to plug the 12v cpap adapter into. Unplug the 120v, plug this in with a lawn and garden battery and go to sleep. Perfect for when the storms knock out power. Without the alligator adapter, I plug into the cig lighter in my van for camping and it's light out! Check with your manufacturer but a lot of machines run on 12volts DC. In fact, I think I will go put mine on and take a snooze.

Last edited by dmurf205; 02/09/22.
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I finally gave up trying to find distilled water around here, and bought a home distiller.

The ads say $.30 worth of electricity to make a gallon of water. I think it is closer to $.60, plus having to clean out the pot. But cost isn't the issue. A dependable, reliable, convenient source is what I want.

User report to follow.

In a pinch, I've used tap water a few times, and then cleaned the water tank out with vinegar. No issues.

Last edited by denton; 02/09/22.

Be not weary in well doing.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Every place I've ever been ( around here anyway) that
sold baby formula had a few jugs of distilled right
to one side or the other of it

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
To those who think they might have apnea: It is important to stick with your CPAP. First two weeks are miserable. After that, you'll hardly notice it. The alternative is serious heart issues.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Have any of you guys had to send your machine back and if so, how long does it take to get a new one?
[/quote]

Went on line and checked the recall my Phillips Dreamstation 1 was on it about 2 months received a new Phillips Dreamstation 2 it was programmed and supplier was notified, sent in old unit with pre paid label via Fed-EX.

Any one need New Replacable filters for Dreamstation 1 let me know and I will send them free. Have a bunch wont fit new machine.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Peddler
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Rooster,

if your cleaning machine is ozone, watch it.
The ozone cleaning is the driving force behind the Phillips recall.
Ozone is attacking their o-rings, causing deterioration and prices to
be inhaled.

Well, that's not good news. I didn't even know there was a recall. I had heard someone mention that some cpaps are going bad and you can potentially inhale parts but didn't pay much attention to it.

Have any of you guys had to send your machine back and if so, how long does it take to get a new one?

I've used mine every day for 7 years without a problem. I replace the hose every 3 months, clean the tank twice a month, and use distilled water. I have one of the Resmed Airsense models which seem pretty common.

I have the Resmed, too. Nary a problem. Only when I take the chip out to go to the doctor. smile

Otherwise, the Resmed works great.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One other thing....

If you have insurance, insurance will cover a new CPAP every 5 years or so. When the time comes, get a new one, even if your old one is still functional.

Why?
1. Spare if your shiny new CPAP breaks and needs repair/replacing. It can take a while to replace.
2. Travel/camping. Travel is hard on electronics. Also, it is inconvenient to pack up your nightly use CPAP and you can forget bits when packing for travel. Have your travel CPAP packed with everything, ready to go.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A $500 machine and a $1750 deductible. Yep insurance helps a lot.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I finally gave up trying to find distilled water around here, and bought a home distiller....

User report to follow.

Here is the promised report:

I bought the VivoHome distiller $140. Right now, it has been running for 2 1/2 hours and has produced 2250 ml of distilled water, so it is about as advertised. At $.1 per KWH, a gallon of distilled water should cost me about $.30. Hmmmm.... could spend all those savings on a new Swarovski spotting scope.

The unit has quite a noisy fan. If you like the sound of a vacuum cleaner, you'll love the fan.

It consumes 750 watts, so it will tend to warm up whatever room it's in. I put ours in a chilly downstairs bathroom, so we don't hear the noise. Two problems solved.

The finish work on the output port is sloppy. Unlike many other models, it does not have a carbon filter and does not include a jar of citric acid to clean the boiler pot. The receiving pot is glass, and the handle assembly has screws poking out, just waiting to be snagged. Apparently, they don't clean these well before shipping, since you need to discard the first two batches of distilled water. The manual is in incomprehensible Chinglish.

So it is acceptable, but there may be better choices out there. I consider my distlled water supply problem to be solved.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Most recently scored on 6 gallons of distilled....$1.50/gallon

Walmart was also less than a buck.....when in stock

So....where the hell is the distilled water ? damm joe again.......................

If I'm gonna buy a distiller for $150 I'm gonna make some whiskey (:

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by denton
I finally gave up trying to find distilled water around here, and bought a home distiller....

User report to follow.

I bought the VivoHome distiller $140. Right now, it has been running for 2 1/2 hours and has produced 2250 ml of distilled water, so it is about as advertised. At $.1 per KWH, a gallon of distilled water should cost me about $.30. Hmmmm.... could spend all those savings on a new Swarovski spotting scope.

The unit has quite a noisy fan. If you like the sound of a vacuum cleaner, you'll love the fan.

It consumes 750 watts, so it will tend to warm up whatever room it's in. I put ours in a chilly downstairs bathroom, so we don't hear the noise. Two problems solved.

The finish work on the output port is sloppy. Unlike many other models, it does not have a carbon filter and does not include a jar of citric acid to clean the boiler pot. The receiving pot is glass, and the handle assembly has screws poking out, just waiting to be snagged. Apparently, they don't clean these well before shipping, since you need to discard the first two batches of distilled water. The manual is in incomprehensible Chinglish.

So it is acceptable, but there may be better choices out there. I consider my distlled water supply problem to be solved.

So about 4 hours per gallon?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by logger

User report to follow.

So about 4 hours per gallon?

That's about right. I have the second throw-away batch running now. Later this evening, I'll make a gallon for CPAP use.

Now for Tikkanut: I don't see any good reason you couldn't distill something other than water. I would bet there is a YouTube video on that. Just be sure you remember which product goes for which application. LOL.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

User report to follow.

Do not put it in the bathroom. Aerosolized poop particles go all over the bathroom when you flush. Even if you put the lid down. Poop particles plus water that goes in your sinuses is probably a bad idea. If you put your toothbrushes inside a cabinet and close the lid when you flush you can keep the poop particles off your toothbrush.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (257wthbylover, 907brass, 32_20fan, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 18 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,672
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.