Print Thread
Hop To
K
killerv Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Anyone had any experience with Gun & Trophy? I ran across it in some searches here but it wasnt until I found some info on a trap shooting forum that people have used it and filed claims with good experiences. Curious about folks on here or if any other options I may look into. State Farm is 3 times higher and want serials. For blanket coverage up to 48K with G&T, its 175 a year with a 500 ded. Sounds good but maybe too good? Thanks

Last edited by killerv; 02/10/22.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sounds good to me too... But I have NO experience with them at all... But the price is definitely good, IMHO..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Says you have to prove ownership at time of claim. How do you do that?

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by blairvt

I just got off phone with one of the owners, he explained to me simply having a list of items involved in the claim would suffice, but recommended pics or video of collection stored somewhere also just in case. No bill of sale required.

Last edited by killerv; 02/10/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
going to have to look in to this.

IC B2

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Tag

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm curious as well. Right now I pay Core-Vens Insurance $350.00 per year for $50K coverage. That's half the cost if my basic math skills are correct.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Go to www.shotgunworld in the forum section under "sporting clays" thread read this entire thead

https://www.shotgunworld.com/threads/siac-gun-insurance-theft-at-the-nationals.539543/
It will open your eyes and give you some great insight.
John

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Thanks, seems a lot of the shotgun folks use them. Makes me feel better, havent seen anything bad said about them and they are quick to communicate. I filled out a thing on line, I was emailed back within 15 minutes and ended up talking to them on the phone. 175 a year for 48k of coverage seems a no brainer, state farm wanted 100 per 10k insured and serial numbers for everything, and they will argue with you over full value vs diminished. Plus I was reading in the link you posted the reasons its best to keep guns and home owners separate. Makes sense.

Last edited by killerv; 02/11/22.
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by xtriangle
Go to www.shotgunworld in the forum section under "sporting clays" thread read this entire thead

https://www.shotgunworld.com/threads/siac-gun-insurance-theft-at-the-nationals.539543/
John

Hopefully for everyone reading that thread the biggest take away will be to never lock your keys with your fob in your vehicle! It is very easy for thieves to take an electronic device that matches up with your fob and then open your doors.

I purchased Gun & Trophy last week based on a lot of good comments I read about them as well. I am doing a picture library of all my guns so that if something ever happens I have proof of ownership. My FFL also told me if they do question my ownership that he would back me up since it's in his book.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
It's not just leaving your fob in your vehicle, they can use that same device if your fob is nearby.

Good friend of mines daughter was taking wedding pics at a local park. She gets a text on her phone about a 1200 dollar purchase at a Dillards store. She goes unlocks her car, checks her purse, every thing appears like she left it...but finally notice a credit card was gone. Everything was put back and car locked back. Police told her about that device you mentioned. Same thing happening in folks drive ways. Park and lock your truck, put your fob on the kitchen counter. They can easily get into your vehicle with that device.

And now criminals are using apple air tags, hiding them on folks cars and tracking them back to their homes so they can be stolen or worse yet, a woman raped, etc.

Last edited by killerv; 02/11/22.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

John

Dang, sounds like San Antonio is the place to go to buy used high quality shotguns.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

John

I read that. Is Larry with Eastern or Gun and Trophy. If he ever came right out and said it, I missed it.

Disregard. Larry Cushman is with Gun and Trophy. Seems like a pretty good guy.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 02/11/22.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I use good safes as my insurance, right or wrong. I think the devil is in the details on these lower cost insurance policies.

NRA Patron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by blairvt

I think that’s a big issue. Some people have guns that they purchased many years ago or acquired via trade or inherited. How does one prove that they owned grandpas superposed that he gave you in 1974. And having your dealer show that you purchased a gun last week or last year, does not mean that you owned it when the house burned down.

Last edited by dale06; 02/11/22.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've been to the Nationals about 14 times. San Antonio is the highest theft city I've ever visited. Every year I know of someone who has guns or equipment stolen. Before I checked my gun into the on ground storage I never stopped to eat unless I could see my Suburban. I also would take my gun to the room before I would go eat most of the time. I have learned not to stay close to the shooting grounds. The LaQuinta on NW1604 is a hotbed for theft, a vehicle broken into almost every night.
My gun is insured by Sportsmans Insurance, the company endorsed by the NSCA. I have heard nothing but good things about them, and fortunately have never had a claim with them.
When In San Antonio with fiearms beware! and be alert. Side by sides and such aren't safe either!
Rick

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
My solution to this was to build a very simple Excel spread sheet that lists

Date of purchase
serial number
type of firearm
complete description
scope
stock
if possible who/where it was purchased or acquired from
value or price paid
Good pictures
Multiple electronic and hard copies in several safe places

Dont have to show it to anyone unless there is a claim.
Might seem excessive but I like my stuff.
YMMV

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I have a similar file, working on pics now

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My solution to this was to build a very simple Excel spread sheet that lists

Date of purchase
serial number
type of firearm
complete description
scope
stock
if possible who/where it was purchased or acquired from
value or price paid
Good pictures
Multiple electronic and hard copies in several safe places

Dont have to show it to anyone unless there is a claim.
Might seem excessive but I like my stuff.
YMMV

I have the spreadsheet without the pics. How do you put pictures into the file?

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Right clip and copy picture go to empty cell by description, right click and click insert comment then click paste special.
There will be a little red triangle in the cell to show that here is a comment/pic there. click it aand it will come right up.
Or ask a teenager to show you how .......just kidding its easy peasy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 43 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,228
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.