Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

There are gimmick hot sauces and then there are the true one's. I am a pro hot sauce consumer. Been doing it since 10, when my dad would serve me pickled cayenne peppers on toast for lunch.

This is the one all around go to hot sauce I recommend: https://mariesharpsusa.com/products/original-fiery-hot-pepper-sauce

That Belizean hot sauce is the only one made without a strong acidic vinegar base. She uses carrot more than vinegar. All ingredients are grown at her own farm. There are various heat levels of the original sauce but I find the fiery hot to have the best flavor.

I lived in Belize for 20 yrs so pretty familiar with it. I think consuming a tablespoon a day for decades is the only reason why I havent had a heart attack by now!

I LOVE putting tabasco in my potato salad and mixing it up till it turns light red.. Try it.

Yucateco green habanero for tacos

and list goes on!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
EdM
Sam,

How long does your stuff hold up in the 'fridge?

Ed, I'd say around a year, if it lasts that long. Which it won't. I believe I'll bring some to the Hog Hunt in March.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
EdM
Sam,

Ed, I'd say around a year, if it lasts that long. Which it won't. I believe I'll bring some to the Hog Hunt in March.

Do you ferment it Sam?

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
EdM
Sam,

The reason why the indians in meso america started eating their food with little fruits that burned the [bleep] out of their mouths was because they didnt have refrigerators a thousand years ago. Capsicum and bacteria/fungus dont mix well!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
STXhunter
Do you ferment it Sam?

No I don't. I have tried that, and other than taking a lot of time, I did not see any real flavor benefit. I also tried smoking the peppers first, and that was a waste of time also. I go for very fresh produce, prep it quickly, and cook with Vinegar and a complementary fruit nectar. When the peppers are soft, I run through a commercial blender, then press the sauce out through a fine sieve.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50
Texas Petes is about my limit at the house.
Taco bell mild also whenever I hit that place.
Sparingly with both.

Used to be able to do hot foods 15 or so yrs ago.

Now hand and forearm tingle like prickly heat and forehead sweats within seconds of trying something my system doesn't like.
And turbo lax bathroom time with azzhole on fire within hours or the next morning.

Really kinda sucks.
Enjoyed various type of hot wings and ranch or blue cheese dressing and alot of spicy asian foods chinese and korean.

Now I advoid hot sauces and spicy foods for the most part.
Just aint worth schitting 3 to 5 times the next day and having a tore up burning stinging azzhole...
😬😬😬🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😔😔😔

Most of my family would just have to die if we had your condition.

Relative a few years older than me had some reflux issues and had to have some kind of surgery on the valve to his stomach, or something like that. Told the doc that whatever happened, if he came to and the doc told him he'd have to give up his spicy Mexican food..................................they might as well just kill him right there!

If I were you I'd look into getting some sort of gastric relining done..................or invent it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,785
Posts18,515,806
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.