Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by hookeye
People use what they are comfortable with.
Old timers may not be up on semi autos.
Then their is localized fuddism......use what dad and grandpa did ( bead sighted slug guns or if a rifle of some sort, equipped w see through rings ).

A lack of sophistication is a lack of sophistication, isnt automatically ( no pun intended ) a virtue.

A lack of love for autoloading rifles or even autoloading pistols has nothing to do with sophistication or lack of. Just like finding bitter beer and dry wine distasteful. It is not lack of sophistication. It is that I am honest enough to state they taste like schitt. I do not suck on lemons or limes, or shoot autorifles as a way to prove I am sophisticated.

It may have something to do with economics, it may have something to do with the desire or lack thereof to search for spent brass amongst the pine needles, sagebrush, or cheatgrass floor of the common western range site. As in where ever you pull off the road and set out your targets.

It might even have something to do with a philosophy of one shot/one kill at at ranges to 500 yds or beyond.

The most Fudd like behavior is to disparage any shooter simply because he does not embrace the same equipment you do.

I had no personal use for an autoloading pistol until I was 65 years old. I never believed others should be denied their use.

I still have no use for an autoloading rifle. But for those that do, great. Go forth and enjoy the hell out of yours.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Eric308
I wrote this in another post in regard to Busse, but it bears repeating:

Anyone over 50 and with half a brain knows this guy is absolutely spot on. Want to know about the modern "gun culture?"

^^^^ retired airforce lives in Illinois. and Voted for Biden..
It's obvious he hates white people.

Politics is War by Other Means
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Anyone over 50 and with half a brain knows this guy is absolutely spot on. Want to know about the modern "gun culture?"

The gun owner of the past went to the back 40 with Dad or later his son with the Model 12, or later the 870 in tow. He might have had a 70 or 700 for that yearly trip out west, a .22 rifle for whatever and maybe a .22 pistol for coon hunting. He realized that needing a gun for two-legged varmints was a once in several lifetimes event, so he didn't much think about it. If he did, maybe he had a Smith or Colt .38 or if he was a real hombre, a 1911.

Today the back 40 is a subdivision or leased up tight, either way the quail were gone long before. Dad's gone on to his reward while the son lives a good life in the city, realizing there are no good Thai places in Schittsville, let alone good paying jobs.

Meanwhile back in Schittsville, Cletus is just about ready to buy his tenth AR and ten-thousandth round of 5.56 to get ready for the collapse/apocalypse/race war that Alex Jones says is just around the corner. Cletus just hopes he can stay awake on the drive to the gun store after working two doubles at the pork processing plant.

And that my friends is the modern firearms industry and culture in a nutshell.

You are a certifiable retard if you believe any of what you posted because it's all bullchit.

He voted for Biden, there is no more to say.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

The gun owner of the past went to the back 40 with Dad or later his son with the Model 12, or later the 870 in tow. He might have had a 70 or 700 for that yearly trip out west, a .22 rifle for whatever and maybe a .22 pistol for coon hunting. He realized that needing a gun for two-legged varmints was a once in several lifetimes event, so he didn't much think about it. If he did, maybe he had a Smith or Colt .38 or if he was a real hombre, a 1911.

Today the back 40 is a subdivision or leased up tight, either way the quail were gone long before. Dad's gone on to his reward while the son lives a good life in the city, realizing there are no good Thai places in Schittsville, let alone good paying jobs.

Meanwhile back in Schittsville, Cletus is just about ready to buy his tenth AR and ten-thousandth round of 5.56 to get ready for the collapse/apocalypse/race war that Alex Jones says is just around the corner. Cletus just hopes he can stay awake on the drive to the gun store after working two doubles at the pork processing plant.

The condescending attitude and terminology used indicate you're a founding member of the blue steel and walnut FUDD crew.
Go get your shine box, 30-30, and suspenders. Scurry off now gramps.
The boys down at the barbershop are waiting for more of your war stories.

Oh, am I supposed to have some pithy saying here? Sorry, not today.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
123 and others, son of a btch I missed the AGAIN, glazed right over that. I have NEVER voted for that rat SOB Biden, but yes, I'd THINK about wasting my vote if the GOP "establishment" offers Liz or Flip as the final 2024 candidate. Dang, I'm usually good at typoes, I can't believe I missed that AGAIN. But I'm right about Busse and have been for 17 years now. But if the GOP fails to offer a real Republican, a real Constitutionalist, and even if we get a Trump 2.0, I will vote least worst. But gosh, I want to vote FOR someone instead of against yet another creature.

So I apologize for missing AGAIN, but of course, some will keep bringing up that mistake AGAIN and AGAIN.

As for BHA being a front, that's correct. Funded by environmental "funders" such as non-sportsman Hans Wyss and great hunters like the Hewlett Foundation for the most part with token support from businesses trying to monetize the "wilderness experience" or fantasy for their own marketing advantage, businesses run by, yep, Fudds. Promoted by chumps like Randy Newberg, who of course wants as much public land set aside for his personal version of acceptable multiple uses. Thankfully, those companies are outliers, and so is Newberg.

Finally, does ANYONE know where Van Brunt stands on this stuff? I mean, Kimber MOntana and Valier is the same marketing, but why isn't van Brunt still with the company? Does he regret hiring Busse? Does KIMBER regret hiring and keeping Busse or were they even more shameless than S and W, buying all that NRA ad space while cranking the bayonet handle?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Croaker

The condescending attitude and terminology used indicate you're a founding member of the blue steel and walnut FUDD crew.
Go get your shine box, 30-30, and suspenders. Scurry off now gramps.
The boys down at the barbershop are waiting for more of your war stories.

No disrespect to your opinion, but he smells more like a late 30's rural wokester to me.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody knows Van Brunt?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 61 invisible), 1,973 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,182
Posts18,523,788
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.