Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by old_boots

Bar soap under lock and key at Walmart in Glenmont, NY...

How about steel-toe boots?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by old_boots

Bar soap under lock and key at Walmart in Glenmont, NY...

How about steel-toe boots?

They're displayed in the parking lot behind the store. Not one pair has been touched.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems easy enough, steal the linesman pliers first, then add the free steaks to your cart.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What’s that say about a society that has to chicken wire their steaks down?
Definitely a reset needed. Start with the politicians, I believe their interference in society is responsible for all our problems.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Chicken Wire???

Watered down beef wire.

It's a thing.

Now...

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’m never surprised when the news commentators start their story with “A Florida man...” The wife and I went grocery shopping the other day and were finding egg cartons missing a single egg. Then the English muffins that she bought was one short. Speaking English here makes us feel like the minority. $10.00 to order from the Kroger warehouse and delivered not to have to fight with the traffic has been a blessing.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I wonder if Walmart has a shocking device in place if a person was to get to close to an exit with the meat .... grin

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by Mike78
It weren't Mormons stealing them steaks.

The local Aldis had an armed guard in the walk in cooler overlooking the meat section a few years ago.

High Norwegian population in that area.

Those Norwegians are pretty creative. I bet they have already figured out a way to defeat the chicken wire.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
When I was working\living on the west coast I noticed the Walmart in Oxnard CA locks up everything of value but you can drive 20 minutes to Simi Valley where they do not...

Oxnard has a high percent of minorities where Simi does not... just saying

Ted
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rong
I heard Al Sharpton of all people on the radio Fri.about a store in his neighborhood that had the toothpaste locked up.
People are stealing anything.
....and everything.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by old_willys
When I was working\living on the west coast I noticed the Walmart in Oxnard CA locks up everything of value but you can drive 20 minutes to Simi Valley where they do not...

I'm waiting for the court order to rectify this racist practice. Every store must have the lockdown program so there is no discrimination.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
“Reparations bitches, we finally gettn ares”

And democrat politicians in California say the best way to deal with this is to let them steal a little; as long as it’s less than $980.

We’re screwed as a society. You stop a groid, you’re going to jail. Heaven forbid you actually have to shoot one to save life or limb; you’re probably going to spend the rest of your life in prison.

And who goes to Walmart to buy steaks anyway? Horrible meat there.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The Wal-Marts in our little town has 6 or 8 self-checkout lanes. Probably 16 regular checkout lanes but only 2 or 3 open at a time. Would be interesting to see how shoplifting affects Costco where they check receipts at the exit. Walmarts might want to exchange their greeter for receipt checkers.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by high_country_
Seems easy enough, steal the linesman pliers first, then add the free steaks to your cart.

Not as far-fetched as you think. Happens all the time in our Dunhams. We find an empty pliers container and then empty stuff that they needed the pliers for.

Mostly white trash tweakers though.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 02/13/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 45_100
The Wal-Marts in our little town has 6 or 8 self-checkout lanes. Probably 16 regular checkout lanes but only 2 or 3 open at a time. Would be interesting to see how shoplifting affects Costco where they check receipts at the exit. Walmarts might want to exchange their greeter for receipt checkers.

Receipt checking is such a joke. 99% of them just go through the motions. They take your receipt, glance at your cart for a couple of seconds (for the camera) and mark your receipt with a hi-lighter and say have a good day!

It's a bluff to make people "think" they will get caught stealing.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by 45_100

Receipt checking is such a joke. 99% of them just go through the motions. They take your receipt, glance at your cart for a couple of seconds (for the camera) and mark your receipt with a hi-lighter and say have a good day!

It's a bluff to make people "think" they will get caught stealing.

^^^^^
True

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Links and video don't work on my POS phone but what am I missing here?

This just looks like Ribeye steake with chicken wire wrapped around it. The guy is obviously holding it, so he could shove it in his pants and leave with it, and deal with the chicken wire at home. It isn't locked up and the word "security" doesn't seem to fit in here...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by T_Inman

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Links and video don't work on my POS phone but what am I missing here?

This just looks like Ribeye steake with chicken wire wrapped around it. The guy is obviously holding it, so he could shove it in his pants and leave with it, and deal with the chicken wire at home. It isn't locked up and the word "security" doesn't seem to fit in here...

I think there is an electronic latch that closes the wire enclosure... I might be wrong but I think they either have to demagnetized the latch or remove the mesh altogether to bypass security.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by old_willys

But thats racist ................... laugh laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know people of all races steal, but I think we all pretty much know what group caused all of the security buuls$it we have to deal with now.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (007FJ, 219DW, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 64 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,274
Posts18,486,646
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.