Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
lawnman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Guys looking to purchase a handheld blower for use around house. I have a RedMax backpack blower but looking at a battery handheld for quick blowing out garage and truck etc. At experience?

A man's got to know his limitations!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have an 18V Ryobi that has both battery and 110v capabilities.

Never used the cord but use the battery all of the time. Garage, back patio, trck bed, driveway, etc.

My corded Toro rarely gets used except for when leaves get real deep in the fall.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
40 volt ryobi, unless you need a lot of time works great. I use to blow off the driveway/sidewalk, charge it about every 4th time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently got a Ryobi 18V blower for the use you described. For smaller jobs sometimes I just don't want to mess with my Husky gas blower. I already had a few other 18V Ryobi tools so that's what I went with to use the same batteries. You'll need a higher capacity battery like a 4-5 Ah. to get much time out of the blower.

This is the one I got from HD. Ryobi leaf blower

Last edited by NVhntr; 02/13/22.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Look at the Dewalts. I have one and use it for blowing out SxS to cleaning off the patio.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
All my tools are Makita so I bought the Makita 18v to match. Works fantastic for the house. Way better than my old gas powered blower. I have probably a dozen batteries so I’m not running out of power for the string trimmer and blower.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We have an EGO leaf blower, string trimmer, and self-propelled mower. We like them so far. If you have Dewalt tools or another brand of power tools look at that brand in the same voltage.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just got a Husquarvana blower with the battery upgrade, It appears to be a toy, not a real blower. I had a gas version, and it was 10X better.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
There’s really no substitute for a gas back pack blower for heavy leaves,wet grass or snow but if you have that covered a battery operated hand held makes a good light duty option.

I’ve used a Milwaukee m18 and they work better than they should.

Last edited by Hypocrite; 02/13/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have the Makita that takes two 18v LXT batteries. I originally bought it in a deal that came with four batteries and a charger for less than the four batteries would cost. It's handy for quick jobs. My wife uses it most frequently. That said, I also have three gas hand helds, 2 Echos and a Makita. I keep one at each building. I also have a Husqvarna backpack blower and the Echo PB9010/Shindaiwa EB910/RT backpack blower, which is insane.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
We have an EGO leaf blower, string trimmer, and self-propelled mower. We like them so far. If you have Dewalt tools or another brand of power tools look at that brand in the same voltage.

Bought a EGO to clean my rain gutters. With our huge Oak and neighbors trees leaves are a big issue. Blow out the rain gutters 4 times a year ,used to take me 3 hrs to clean them now about 30 minutes. Had a corded blower but almost tripped off the roof when I got tangled up in the cord. At 70 my rain gutter job will be passed off to someone else . 2 more years.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by lawnman
Guys looking to purchase a handheld blower for use around house. I have a RedMax backpack blower but looking at a battery handheld for quick blowing out garage and truck etc. At experience?

If you are really getting into this earth cookie thing....may I suggest a wind powered blower...beaucoup environmental woke points.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Got a couple, a 20v and a 40v. Love them for quick garage and driveway blow downs. If your doing big jobs, you'll need gas powered. For light quick jobs, they are great. The models I have match other battery tools so I have a lot of back up options.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lawnman

Red Max, Still, and Echo make handheld gas blowers that work really well.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I want to replace everything with Ego battery powered. Do any of these leaf blowers compete with a Stihl back pack blower?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Happy with my Kobalt battery powered blower. Have a Kobalt 80v push mower for the fenced in backyard. Works good on my bermuda and runs about 1 hour on a charge.

Who is John Galt?
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
At work we bought a couple of the Dewalt Flexvolt blowers that had 60V batteries. They are impressive! They really move the air and are convenient. I don't remember how long the run time is.They would be out of my price range for home use.

Come to think of it, most new things are out of my price range.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have a Stihl, couple pulls, fires right up

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got a big Stihl backpack for he yard and such, the Stihl battery powered for the open on both end carport to keep Granny happy, battery fits the weed eater, I have a big Stihl for brush and such, but the battery powered one gets pulled out mostly, easy on the Old Man back. They goth work great.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Last time I looked at these battery pack blowers, the run time was 11-12 min.

Decided I'd wait until they became useful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,611 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,943
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.