-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Liver and onions #15 she only lets me cook it in the house when she's out of town.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I thought I'd post liver and onions and be unique!
When my 84 year mother passes, it'll be the end of that treat for me.
That should be about #17?

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
In the tradition of my late father, I enjoy peanut butter and honey sandwiches dunked in ice cold milk for an evening snack. My wife cannot even watch me eat them. Her babysitter used to make her and her siblings eat bread soaked in milk before bed and it gives her flashbacks.

I love fried gizzards. She hates them.

She loves olives. I can't stand the thought even smelling one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
[/quote]
Her making something she doesn’t like just for me don’t seem right.
7mm has

Same situation for us.
I love liver and onions, and it's one of the dishes that resturaunts don't do
the way I like. Why do they slice it like lunchmeat?

She will make it, but I don't ask. It stinks up the house, is nasty to
handle, and she doesn't like it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My father introduced us to what he called "Hunter's Special", which is hamburger, pork & beans, brown sugar and mustard. Basically, it is baked beans with burger, all made in skillet. Its very good.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Corned Beef and Cabbage! I love it and she hates the aftermath...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Raw oysters

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Braized lamb shank.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by stxhunter
anything spicy.

Yep.

Whole family is like that.

I give her chit, tell her you ain't no mescan won't even eat hot sauce... hell I can put Tapatio on my pecker and I know plenty of white girls that will suck it off, they're more mescan than you. She gets mad. the reason I do that is she is always talking about white girls.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Pho'. I love it and she hates it. When we're at her parents house in Utah it always gives me a chance to get away by myself for a while when I head into the city to find a Vietnamese restaurant.

Bb

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Liver and Onions? Man, I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat guts. I'll take the prime rib, thank you very much! grin

My wife is not a picky eater, but she isn't a fan of corned beef & cabbage. She doesn't mind liver and onions, though, which I think is crazy.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
She won’t eat deer/elk/antelope.

It’s my fault, really. She tagged along on a cow hunt and watched how a live elk transitioned to dead meat. The rest of the small herd ran off and left “Emma” behind, so of course they stopped and called for her.

My wife didn’t like that.

The mistake was letting out an “eeah” when we sat down to a backstrap dinner.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will have to come back and fix u broken turds.....stand by....some of are OUT NOW....sorry u are broken

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Can anyone translate atvalaska into English for me?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I will have to come back and fix u broken turds.....stand by....some of are OUT NOW....sorry u are broken

Little crowning going on?

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Without reading through the rest, there were a number of us on the first page.

Add me to the liver and onions list.

Could toss in tongue tacos or burritos, giblet gravy on the whole T-day dinner. Prolly a few others.

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/13/22.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Badgerloader
Head cheese
Blood & tongue sausage

Head cheese? Not circumcised?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Liver and Onions? Man, I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat guts. I'll take the prime rib, thank you very much! grin

My wife is not a picky eater, but she isn't a fan of corned beef & cabbage. She doesn't mind liver and onions, though, which I think is crazy.

Glad to hear Vicki appreciates liver and onions!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pickled fish. My wife is not a fan at all but I love it, that and smoked oysters from a can

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kosher Chopped Chicken Livers.

I usually get a hankering for Chopped Chicken Livers (CCL) about this time of year. In fact, I whipped up a batch last week. The reason why is that:

a) It cuts down on the processing if you can take the whole load outside and set it down in fresh-fallen snow. Rapid cooling helps the consistency
b) Cabin Fever season is a great time for embarking on extended cooking projects.

I had been dating KYHillChick for a couple of months. She came over for dinner, and I'd made a batch of CCL while I was cooking other things. I offered her some on some Matzo crackers, and she turned up her nose.

"I can tell you like it, so please! Go ahead and eat. Don't mind me," she said.

"Well that settles one thing," I said. "This is an important step in the relationship."

"I'm sorry," she said. "I just can't stand organ meat."

"That's okay," I replied. "It's just that I know you're being honest with me. A lot of chicks would have lied and tried to stomach this stuff. I know it's a kind of a niche thing."

This became a real watershed in our relationship. I'd gone down this road many times before with women. CCL was a real make-or-break item in my dating. It wasn't about whether the chick liked CCL or not. It was whether they were honest about it. This was the first woman in 2 decades of dating that had come right out and told me no CCL was going to pass her lips. We've been married 24 years. The closest KYHillChick has come was this year: she asked if she could steal one of my matzo crackers for her salad.

You have to understand a few things:

1) I've been hooked on CCL since I was a wee one. This is the first recipe I learned to cook for myself at age 8. My mother found me Momma Grossinger's recipe. (The Famous Catskill Resort). I still have the recipe written in Mom's handwriting.
2) When I was a kid, many restaurants around town had some version of CCL either on their menu or as part of their free appetizer platter.
3) Most kosher restaurants and delis had it. If you have never dived into Kosher Deli fare, you're missing something. Cincinnati used to have Kosher delicatessens all over town. They're now almost gone. As the old Jews have died off, the youngsters are not as hooked on the old-school stuff.
4) The Grossinger recipe Mom found me was missing something. I spent about a decade looking for the missing ingredient and ended up dating a Jewish girl for 2 years before she coughed up the secret, but only after she became convinced that we might get married. I'm sworn to secrecy.
5) Cincinnati is full of these sorts of odd cross-cultural artifacts. It's right along with Cincinnati Chili (at its root, it's a Bulgarian dish) and Goetta. With the latter, you have to understand that the Germans pretty much forgot about Goetta, but the Kentucky Hillbillies embraced it and made it a regular part of their breakfast fare. KYHillChick won't eat that either, but she loves Cincinnati Chili and eats more of it than I do.

BTW: Here's a short recipe: Take rinsed chicken livers, and sauteed onions and fresh garlic, and hard-boiled egg. Cook them all together and then cool them down as fast as you can. When room temperature or thereabouts, run them through a food processor, adding salt, celery salt, pepper, paprika, and whatever to taste. Refrigerate. Serve on crackers or bread. My favorites are Jewish Matzo, or a Kaiser Roll, or toasted bagel chips.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, 300_savage, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 7 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,470
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.