Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If you have a Tikka T3 or T3x with a limbsaver pad on it, did you have to cut the buttstock a bit first? Looks like otherwise the LOP ends up a good 14.5".

Last edited by Igloo; 02/14/22.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I put a LS pad on my T3, it fit well and felt better than before and I felt no increase in LOP.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have the LS pads on a few tikkas. They are a huge improvement in my mind over the factory option. I agree with lvmiker that they are a must have and don’t increase lop any noticeable amount

Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks guys

Are you using the Airtech pad or the older kind with the vertical lines on them?

I hear you on the factory option...hockey puck

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
New to the discussion but I have the LS with the vertical lines. It really tames the sharp recoil of my .270 WSM. I did not cut the buttstock. I just did a direct comparison of the factory "pad" and the Limbsaver and if anything the factory piece is slightly thicker. The problem is almost all of that thickness is a plastic shell covered with a thin membrane of rubber. My least favorite part of the Tikka T3X, but easily remedied with a Limbsaver.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Limbsaver on my T3 Lite .300 WSM. I just bough try model number for the T3 and mounted it without cutting anything.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Never cut one but then again, I am kinda on the big side and most are just a little short to began with

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I put one on my T3 and it did not increase L.O.P.

One thing that WILL mess it up is most gun solvents. Dissolves it and makes a gummy sticky spot that won't go away.

Lefty

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i guess i'm in the minority here. when i put a LS recoil pad on my t3 it did increase lop by a half inch or so. i went with a t3x pad and i've been pleased with it. maybe not quiet as soft as the LS but worlds ahead of the factory t3 pad w/o any lop increase.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks all!

I think the problem was that I was looking at the new "Airtech" model in person, the one with the softer rubber and the "shock absorbers" for lack of a better word? It definitely looked like it would put the LOP longer.

I'll try the older style one, 10011.

Appreciate the input!

And I'll keep the solvents away from it wink

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, keep the solvents away, mine is a little gummy itself now. I used to put on the prefit Pachmyer pads on my rifles. I had a couple of them gum up on me and I made sure no cleaning solutions got to them.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Can someone explain why this increases LOP for some and not for others? That’s a real head scratcher. Is it thicker than OEM or not?

Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by turkish
Can someone explain why this increases LOP for some and not for others? That’s a real head scratcher. Is it thicker than OEM or not?

My concern was that both of these are Limbsaver pads for Tikka rifles, however they are quite different in style Perhaps one doesn't measure up the same as the other?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The one I saw in store was the bottom one and it definitely looked a bit longer than OEM, which already gives a 14" length of pull. Perhaps they are not the same thickness.

Last edited by Igloo; 02/15/22.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Save your dimes and buy a real rifle.

Who actually admits to buying a Tikka?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Igloo Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Not even if its a 7mm-08? wink

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Igloo
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Not even if its a 7mm-08? wink

Especially then.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I don't remember the LOP on mine, but the Limbsaver is truly that on Tikkas. That factory pad is a torture device! My coworker had one in 6.5 Creedmoor and complained how hard it kicked. I gave him a Limbsaver and problem solved.

M
M
Just put an Limbsaver AirTech Precision Fit Recoil Pad (10826) on a Tikka T3X SuperLite Bolt-Action Rifle in .308 Win in 2019 at Cabala's. The 10826 is like looking for a Unicorn, Sheels has some. I don't believe they are made anymore. Fits fine, no decernable LOP changes.

Attached Images
20231018_135040b.jpg (10.22 KB, 89 downloads)

"Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I put a 10011 model on mine and took it back off because it increased LOP on mine.

I may give the 10826 a try

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by turkish

Psychological. It's something new on an already comfortable rifle and the body hasn't gotten use it. Very similar to a newbie who is given some reloads. Now the loads are the same as some factory rounds, but those factory Rem corloks with that buggered up lead tip doesn't look as cool as that sleek Berger VLD. The berger could have been loaded with much less thump, but the mind has already made up its choice before you pulled the trigger.

Similar situation here. If the length of pull is 1/4" or even 1/2" more or less, it just something to get use to. I have the Airtechs on both of mine and when shouldered, you can actually feel it give alittle. Not as firm against my shoulder. Maybe thats what they feel.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,039
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.