Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Dad always told us boys -
"If you're playing with bulls - you're playing with dynamite - except dynamite's more stable,"
I had one big Hereford bull take me down, with my horse. Why (and how) he didn't stomp or gore one of us, I'll always wonder.
Gave him about an hour with a few cows, got him in the corral, and he went to the packers.

The three "O"s go to the sale around here -
Old, Open, or Ornery

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I can laugh now that I know the rider is okay. I suspect most of us know that a bull can be a force to be reckoned with and most of us would know to steer well clear of that one, especially given his reaction to the previous rider. I can see how someone with no experience with livestock would be ignorant to the dangers. I am glad the rider is okay, and I hope his misfortune serves as a powerful educational force.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Idholton: I did NOT think that video was funny!
I spent 29 years professionally scrapping people up off of the pavement, retrieving drowned children and adults, trying to stop the bleeding of gun shot wound victims, knife wounded persons and tending to all manner of injured and over-dosed people.
I find NO amusement in other peoples injuries and painful miseries.
I am puzzled as to why YOU do?
"Bike riders" are as big a pain in my ass as everyone else's - but I would not/do not enjoy seeing a healthy young person runn't over and then gored by a bull!
PERIOD.
YMMV
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Easy there I meant that in an ironic way God damn. I was born around cattle worked at various sale barns over the years usually have around 300 calves a year ,multiple bulls in pens with herds at all times. Even played the rodeo games in my youth. But these bicyclists are the damnedest kind of people I've ever seen they like any kind of common sense for what can kill them in an instant whether it be riding where they shouldn't with animals or writing down the highway with big trucks. And yes a friend of mine's father was killed from a bull years ago it was a horned bull . and he was gored in the corral bled out right there in my friend's arms. So I know firsthand how bad it can be so I do find amusement and people learning that stupid hurts.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by cisco1

Idholton,

SHAME... SHAME......facebook like a girl!

Well I'm sure I've done worse LOL I do have a rap sheet there of suspensions and warnings a mile long if that makes one feel better I don't put up with their b******* find some of the stuff quite humorous. And you know the old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer. It's a good way of knowing what's going on with the other side. And do you realize how many of the stories and stuff on here are actually right off of Facebook?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Looked like the bike rider charged the bull.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
What's the big deal?

Just slow down and move over, bull.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,509
Posts18,472,370
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.