Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've been slumming old, worn out, used 7.3 Super Duty trucks for 20 years and finally bent over bit the bullet and bought a new one.

Some of the new tech stuff is nice to have. Backup cam for instance when hooking up to the trailer with the shell is 100 times easier.

Some of it's pretty lame though. Auto high beams? Not my thing.

Anyway, I took the new one out on a few jobs today and I'm excited about how effortless this thing tows. I know 7,500 lbs aint much for the 6.7, but compared to the 7.3, it doesn't even know it's there. Throw in the exhaust brake, digital trailer brake adjustment and 10 speed trans, things are getting good!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks nice. Just wait till you have fun with all the NOx sensors, DEF heaters, DPF filters, etc. Good times! In all seriousness, I hope it is long lived and trouble free for you.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
^^^^^Buzzkill! ^^^^^

LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ya, I know. I did throw in some goodwill in the end. I am sure they have it all ironed out by now. I had a 2011 Duramax and went through the typical list of stuff all under warranty. The 2011 was GM’s first year with a new engine (LML). The truck was great but I did do all the above except a full DPF replacement (it was probably due when I sold it). They do pull like a house afire, and are far more ‘civilized’ than they were 20 years ago. Enjoy it!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Also, your lucky you got a shell. I had to wait for 5 months after I ordered mine before it was delivered. It was a long wait for a guy that is used to having a shell on everything.

Last edited by K1500; 02/17/22.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was told May when I ordered it.

Got the call Tuesday it had made it.

I didn't make an issue about the dent.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, ARE is running behind. I would have taken the dent as well. When mine finally came in I was at the ARE dealer getting it installed and he said his next shipment of shells (all ordered by clients months ago) was currently on the side of I40 burning to the ground on a delivery truck. That would really suck. Get the thing dirty, I can see the reflection of your old truck on the fender.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LOL

I washed it before I went to get the shell!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice truck, Higginez.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nice truck. I got mine in mid-October and now have 16,000 miles on it. I actually really like the auto-high-beam feature. I hate the heated steering wheel, which automatically turns on at certain temperatures when you use remote start. The lane departure stuff, which I haven't figured out how to turn off, is annoying.

The 360 cameras are great. Not sure how they do that, but they're great. I've towed up to around 14,000 with mine, and it pulls better than any pickup I've ever driven. Also, empty I get 19-20 mpg running 75-80, which I think is great. It's a heavy truck and really sinks when you get in any mud so not great off-road. Overall, I really like mine.

Enjoy your truck!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Lane keeping whateverthefugg switch is on dash dead center above the screen.

Pretty easy. One button and it goes away.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Congratulations 🍾🎊🎉!!!

They do pull!

I ran a 2021 10 speed loaner from Enterprise while my truck was waiting for rear end parts to complete a warranty repair. It's amazing hw smooth the 10 speed is.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nice truck. What trim level is it? Do all of them come with auto lights and lane sensing stuff now or just the higher trims?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Higginez
Some of the new tech stuff is nice to have. Backup cam for instance when hooking up to the trailer with the shell is 100 times easier.

I so badly need to get a backup camera on my truck, mainly for hooking up trailers like you mentioned. I need to start researching aftermarket ones.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Nice truck. I need a shell

I pulled our camper with a gmc 2500 gas and then a duramax to see what I wanted. After my last Ford being such a POS no way I would go Ford again for me. Hopefully your experience is much better than mine was

I went duramax. It was night and day difference. I expect to have a skid steer and backhoe very soon and assume the diesel is better beast for that than gas

If I wasn’t going to haul heavy and longer distances the gasser would have been the ticket. Cheaper all around and does surprisingly well compared to diesel! The new ones are way better than the old gassers

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I put an aftermarket camera on my pickup. I use it all the time. I'm constantly pulling 1 trailer or another and it saves a lot of time hooking up. The camera's on the license plate bracket. It's a little low but there's no higher place without drilling holes in the tailgate. I can get lined up 1st time every time but it's too low to see how far back I need to go. With a heavy trailer that I can't nudge by hand, sometimes I have to get in and out a couple times.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve got a Hopkins backup camera on one of my trucks. It intercepts the stock trailer plug so it requires no cutting. It is also hardwired so it doesn’t rely on Bluetooth. The only downside is the license plate bracket contains the ‘brain’ of the unit, and water infiltration can be a problem. Seal it up good with silicone sealant before installing and you should be good to go.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Higginez

I so badly need to get a backup camera on my truck, mainly for hooking up trailers like you mentioned. I need to start researching aftermarket ones.

You just need a camera ready aftermarket stereo and a camera. I had a cheap camera and a decent radio in my truck and the picture was surprisingly clear. You actually need a decnet mount for the camera as that seems to be the weak spot for cameras.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheKid
Nice truck. What trim level is it? Do all of them come with auto lights and lane sensing stuff now or just the higher trims?

This is a Lariat but I have no idea on lane keeping and auto high beams.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the auto high beams are on XLT or above. I never use them on my 2020 F150. To skip them, you just don't rotate the light switch all the way clockwise.

Not a fan of the lane assist stuff, but I don't mind blind spot monitoring (had it on a sedan) and I also don't mind adaptive cruise on something that won't get a winch on front.

That's a dang good-looking F250 right there. Always tough to go wrong with white or silver.

Now with even more aplomb
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (AlanF, 44mc, 7887mm08, anothergun, Amos63, 7 invisible), 2,103 guests, and 812 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,644
Posts18,533,694
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.