Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shaman
Originally Posted by LFC
Are you for real with these goofy pOd casts....

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I actually get fan mail. Some folks must like them.

LOL !!!

Just be prepared, now, to be asked the name of everyone who ever sent you fan mail or have Luther label you a "phoney". Just sayin'. grin

Cool site ya got goin' on there, BTW.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
look at your state DNR for advanced turkey hunter programs in person or as podcasts. And check other states around you for podcasts. These tend to be neutral on content and not force fed a sales pitch. Ideally you will get the legal lowdown too.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by LFC

Why yes, as a matter of fact, I actually get fan mail. Some folks must like them.

LOL !!!

Just be prepared, now, to be asked the name of everyone who ever sent you fan mail or have Luther label you a "phoney". Just sayin'. grin

Thanks. Scheiß-vogel only crap on you if you choose to stand under their tree. Thankfully, their aim is generally poor. I did get a piece of hate mail a while back. The guy claimed my podcasts were phony, because no real turkey hunter would take a banjo out to the blind.

I'm just on the verge of 1100 posts over just shy of 18 years. I don't claim to be an expert turkey hunter, just an expert on being a beginning turkey hunter.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

LOL !!!

Thanks. Scheiß-vogel only crap on you if you choose to stand under their tree. Thankfully, their aim is generally poor. I did get a piece of hate mail a while back. The guy claimed my podcasts were phony, because no real turkey hunter would take a banjo out to the blind.

I'm just on the verge of 1100 posts over just shy of 18 years. I don't claim to be an expert turkey hunter, just an expert on being a beginning turkey hunter.

Schei vogel !!!! grin

Das ist lustig, genau da !!!!! grin grin grin

And, hey...........why not ??? A banjo might make a good locator call.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Here's a riddle for you yOder.....

What do you call a guy that claims he's been paid by the turkey hunting and choke tube industries for two decades won't tell who paid him and hides behind a bogus user name on the internet ?

Just answer the riddle yoderbOy

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Schei vogel !!!! grin

Banjo doesn't work, but bagpipes do. #3 son, Angus is a serious bagpiper, and he's brought his Great Highland Pipes down on numerous occasions. I've seen gobblers strutting out in the pasture, Angus cranks up, and they disappear. . . only to appear 250 yards closer a few minutes later.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Schei vogel !!!! grin

Banjo doesn't work, but bagpipes do. #3 son, Angus is a serious bagpiper, and he's brought his Great Highland Pipes down on numerous occasions. I've seen gobblers strutting out in the pasture, Angus cranks up, and they disappear. . . only to appear 250 yards closer a few minutes later.

"Scotland, the Brave", no doubt !!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hark when the night is falling
Hear! hear the pipes are calling,
Loudly and proudly calling,
Down through the glen.
There where the hills are sleeping,
Now feel the blood a-leaping,
High as the spirits
Of the old gobbling bird !!

...............or something like that.

Last edited by Yoder409; 02/18/22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ach! You're making me go all teary-eyed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I do believe LFC may have gotten the story a bit skewed regarding my foray into the realm of paid endorsements.

Here is the actual thread. It happened back in 2008.

The Shaman Makes an Annoucement.

Sadly, the Heirloom Turkey Call company of Haughton, LA passed with nary a whimper about 2 years later. I believe the founder died suddenly and left me with a pile of samples, all of which have produced birds over the years.

While we're discussing this, please let it be known far and wide that if anyone wants to pay me money to endorse their product I'm open to any sort of sordid deal they can offer. I will ride any make ATV to and from the blind, I'll use anyone's call, I'll wear any sort of logo on my back. For a price, you can outfit the entire Shamanic Dream Team. We are a bunch of complete turkey hunting whores and will lie on our backs for free swag and guest appearances on outdoor shows as long as somebody else picks up the travel and expenses. PM me for details and a list of suitable single malt scotches you can use for bribes.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I tell everyone that when I shot skeet that Beretta sponsored me....Well to be exact they said, "we will pay you to shoot anybody else's gun but ours"....lol.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have the same deal with Gold's Gym. They traded me three plain T-shirts for the one with their name on it.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Don’t, I’m saving you a lot of money. And a lot of lost sleep. Take up golf or fishing. You be way better off.

Don't gobble at me
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fullfan
Don’t, I’m saving you a lot of money. And a lot of lost sleep. Take up golf or fishing. You be way better off.

^^^^^^^^^

Gospel truth, right there.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
"Daddy, how do you become a millionaire hunting and fishing?" "Son, you start out as a billionaire!" Lol!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
"Daddy, how do you become a millionaire hunting and fishing?" "Son, you start out as a billionaire!" Lol!

LOL !!!!

"And don't EVER start collecting turkey calls !!!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fullfan

^^^^^^^^^

Gospel truth, right there.

A professor said to my Girlfriend, "Anything worth doing right is worth doing mediocre." I agree. It doesn't matter how well you succeed at something. We can't all be Olympic-grade. Turkey hunting, at least for me was one of those few things I chose to do just to have something impossible to beat my head against. I had a gobbler answer me on my first trip out, but it took 3 years just to see one. It took another 5 years to get a shot at one. Granted, there were a lot fewer turkeys back then, but I was lousy turkey hunter.

I always looked at it as something akin to a religious retreat. I really only got 1 or 2 half-days a year to turkey hunt, and I was always cold and miserable, but I went anyway. It looked useless, but that made it all the more reason to give it try. 25 years later, I was a pro-staffer. It wasn't because I was a great turkey hunter; I'm just a good writer. I still don't claim to be an expert turkey hunter, just an expert beginner. It still feels like an exercise in humiliation, but I wouldn't give it up for the world.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I believe if it took me 5 years to kill a turkey I would've taken up golf or something.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by LFC
I believe if it took me 5 years to kill a turkey I would've taken up golf or something.

I think I could kill five per hour where my deer lease is located, spring Fed creek runs through the middle of the place.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 02/19/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LFC

Back in those days, turkeys weren't all that common, and finding a spot to hunt them was rare. The one spot I had was 3 hours' drive and there were no turkeys roosting on the 80 acres I had to hunt on. What I would do is hang out in the back of the property and try to call them over the property line. There was no Sunday hunting, and you couldn't hunt past Noon. That meant 6 hours in the car to hunt for about 5 hours on Saturday. I would do that once or twice a season.

The first time I ever got a chance to hunt more than 2 days in a season, I started bagging birds. Once I got my property in Kentucky, I started filling all my tags, but there's a huge difference. I've got turkeys coming up to the house and sticking their heads in the bedroom window.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 907brass, 8 invisible), 1,529 guests, and 744 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.