Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
This gun intrigues me. I am thinking it could be the perfect all around gun for what little hunting I do with a shotgun: Dove, Wood Ducks, Teal, Quail and with TSS Turkeys. I don’t know if they have hit the shelves yet since I can’t find one anywhere yet. Anybody got one yet?

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I know it is not a Benelli but I have a Beretta A400 28 ga and it is light and easy to carry. I used it for a few seasons to hunt pheasant and shoot some sporting clays. Very nice gun for sure. Buddy of mine has the Benelli Ultralite 28 ga. and the recoil on that is equal to or maybe a hair more than a 20 ga. He told me that if he were doing it again, he would have bought the Beretta.
YMMV

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I had an A400 but sold it before I even shot it (dumb I know) it was very light. I also had a Franchi AL48 that was very light and with the TSS loads it had more recoil than you would think. It was nothing like shooting a light 3 1/2” 12 ga but noticeable. I still have a lightweight O/U but like the autos for Turkey hunting

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Article in the March G&A says the SBE 28 ga is really muzzle light. It balances at the rear of the ejection port, over the trigger, not at the front of the ejection port like most autos. The author said that was "as it should be" but I couldn't hit a paper kite with a gun so poorly balanced. I noticed that no birds were harmed in the "test" of this gun.

G&A has nothing but praise for any gun they feature.

I suggest you handle one before you buy it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Hogeye
Article in the March G&A says the SBE 28 ga is really muzzle light. It balances at the rear of the ejection port, over the trigger, not at the front of the ejection port like most autos. The author said that was "as it should be" but I couldn't hit a paper kite with a gun so poorly balanced. I noticed that no birds were harmed in the "test" of this gun.

I ain't a gun writer, but I want mine a little muzzle heavy. Not stupid heavy but a little heavy

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pullit
Originally Posted by Hogeye

I ain't a gun writer, but I want mine a little muzzle heavy. Not stupid heavy but a little heavy

Same. I'm right handed and prefer more weight in the left hand.

Me

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I want a bird gun to balance 4.5" ahead of the front trigger. I can shoot one a little more front-heavy, but not less. Muzzle light guns are great for Cowboy Action Shooting, but not for wing shooting.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.