Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
What is a fair price for these Leupold scopes?

VX-II 2-7X33mm Duplex with Butler Creek caps? Made in the USA and has a locking ocular focus. SN letter M or K? (Two different ones) No box minor handling marks. Note these are VX-II scopes not the more recent and common VX-2 scopes that do not have the lock ring.

Vari-X III 4.5-14 40mm with Adjustable Objective, yardage callout on zoom ring, capped target turrets, fine duplex with Butler Creek caps SN letter F? No box minor handling marks, also has a 4" Leupold sunshade.

Freedom 3-9X33 EFR AO with Butler Creek scope caps and boxes? Recent manufacture.

All are matte finished.

I appreciate it!

ETA: The Vari-X III also has a Leupold 4" sunshade.

Last edited by CrowHunterTN; 02/19/22. Reason: Added EFR to Freedom scopes.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
VX-2 - I'll take it at 250.00 - Probably would sell for 300.00 ish, if you're willing to wait a bit. Or maybe it would be snatched up right away. You're new to the forum and that will hold some people off. 325 ish on feebay, but you'll pay 50 bucks in fees.

4.5-14 - 325-350 would sell.

My .02 cents at least

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
VX-2 - I'll take it at 250.00 - Probably would sell for 300.00 ish, if you're willing to wait a bit. Or maybe it would be snatched up right away. You're new to the forum and that will hold some people off. 325 ish on feebay, but you'll pay 50 bucks in fees.

4.5-14 - 325-350 would sell.

My .02 cents at least

I wouldn't sell on Ebay. I don't trust them, too easy to get scammed. I have a very long history (since 2009) and perfect rating (32 transactions) over on M4carbine.net. (Crow Hunter over there) I have only ever sold more tactical stuff, which I am much more familiar with the pricing on.

Hunting scopes not so much.

I am not familiar with selling here so I don't know if I would list them here or elsewhere but I to appreciate the offer.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C

Originally Posted by hillestadj

smile One of my favorite episodes.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by CrowHunterTN

Originally Posted by hillestadj

smile One of my favorite episodes.

I like that

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

I wouldn't sell on Ebay. I don't trust them, too easy to get scammed.

How, exactly? I've been doing business on eBay for 10 years and, say what you will about their fees, it's always seemed like a very secure system. I'm no expert on these matters, but I'd be very curious to hear your reasoning re: eBay being a more risky proposition than buying/selling on a completely unregulated forum.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Maxwell

How, exactly? I've been doing business on eBay for 10 years and, say what you will about their fees, it's always seemed like a very secure system. I'm no expert on these matters, but I'd be very curious to hear your reasoning re: eBay being a more risky proposition than buying/selling on a completely unregulated forum.

Hope I don't jinx myself but I have had great results with Ebay also. Just bought 2 M8 4x's about a month ago. I was bidding on two hoping to get either. Heck I got both of them. Now I need a rifle to go under the extra scope LOL

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C

I have never used Ebay myself but I am on an investment forum where there are people that use it to sell stuff a lot. Their implications are that there are no protections for the seller at all. They imply that there is nothing preventing someone from "buying" something from you and then claiming you didn't send them anything or returning an empty box and getting a refund and there is no recourse for the seller short of leaving bad feedback which appears to be limited.

I also don't/won't use Paypal nor am I willing to connect my bank accounts/credit cards to them. Last time I investigated it I believe you had to use Paypal. I have been selling my unwanted stuff on M4carbine.net using Postal Money orders for many years and have only had one person try to scam me.

I have used Gunbroker quite a bit and I prefer their system although I have never sold scopes on there before, only guns.

Last edited by CrowHunterTN; 02/19/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
But you, the seller, would have the would-be scammer buyer’s money. And normally you’d also have a tracking number to back up your claim that you did, in fact, ship the item. I guess this just sounds more like a hypothetical problem than a real one.

And eBay severed their ties with PayPal a few years ago. They manage payment directly now.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
CroeHunterTN,just bought. VX 2 in 2x7x33 for $250 with made in 2016 date that was practically new….guy had mounted it on gun and never used….took it of and put in safe. Said he gave little more than $250 but came down to $250 so I figure I got a good deal. Just mounted on a 243 yesterday and perfect in every way….crystal clear glass. Way I bought it is posted on the free classified that I wanted to buy a VX 2 and immediately got several responses…anywhere from $225 and up….all kinds of conditions, etc. Just got lucky with this one I guess. Have a VX II 2x7x33 made in 2011 that I bought new and it has served me well….can’t tell any difference in the two except one I just bought has Fast Focus….don’t remember what I paid for older one but believe it was $299, but not sure. As have said before, ever have a problem with Leupold send it back life time warranty can’t go wrong.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
But you, the seller, would have the would-be scammer buyer’s money. And normally you’d also have a tracking number to back up your claim that you did, in fact, ship the item. I guess this just sounds more like a hypothetical problem than a real one.

And eBay severed their ties with PayPal a few years ago. They manage payment directly now.

I have never used it, so I don't have any direct experience, but this is what I am talking about:

Ebay buyer scams

Again, I haven't ever used it, so I really don't know.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That was an interesting read. Sounds like it may be a bigger problem with popular items like electronics.

Still, I wonder if it's a big problem, or if reading threads like that and complaints on the eBay user forums makes a very small problem seem much bigger than it is. Having completed several hundred sales over the last 10 years, I've had very few issues, most having to do with long times in transit (not my fault) and buyers getting impatient. Zero actual or attempted scams. I can't imagine the success rate being a whole lot higher than that exchanging money and goods through the mail between strangers on a forum. Especially given the recent frequency of scam callouts on the classifieds here. But then again, I haven't been burned on here either.

Anyway, don't mean to derail your thread.

Last edited by Maxwell; 02/20/22.
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
No problem. I appreciate your input. I have thought about trying it and it sounds like the way to get the best prices.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
E Bay will get you the best going price for your items. I have bought and sold on Ebay with only one arsehole who failed to ship new item. Ebay police handled it with a complete refund very fast. GLWS

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have found most scopes on ebay to be way over priced. Esp by the top seller LFcrock. But he is straight and typically gets a premium for out of prod scopes people want. I have bought from him

A month ago I bought a private seller Swaro Z3 on ebay. Said no returns. I quizzed him and looked up his address etc and was just a retired guy selling a scope he had bought new. 'mild ring marks' on pic he posted. Problem was he didnt own a torque wrench and the rings caused crease marks. I went right to ebay buyer protection and refund went smooth. Seller claimed shipping damage!

Last edited by Tesoro; 02/20/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 406_SBC, 18 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,778
Posts18,536,004
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.