Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

This is one of the most challenging topics for those who listen to popular TV preachers. Hopefully, these very brief videos on the topic of Repentance as pertaining to Salvation will help answer questions for the truth seekers who want to settle for themselves what God's Word says about this topic.

The first one covers, are unbelievers required to repent of their sins OR believe on Jesus Christ to be saved?

https://www.kjv1611only.com/video/1...ltitude_Of_Verses_Teach_Believe_Only.mp4

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
How do you be born of water, Happy? I wouldnt say it means to be baptized as He said one can be baptized by Fire.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I appreciate that question Jaguar.
Let's look at the reference in John 3 and study the context.

"There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

Last edited by PaintedDesert; 02/20/22.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Someone asked me that years ago and I looked at the reference to water and what that phrase refers to.

In short, my options were :
A. Water baptism
B. Water of the Word
C. Amniotic water

First was baptism. I read and reread the conversation and can't see any mention of water baptism.here. I don't want to read something into the conversation that isn't taught by Christ.

B. Water of the word comes to mind as a cross reference from
Ephesians 5:26
"That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word..."
This was taught by Paul many years later to the Church of Ephesus, so in all honesty isn't something that Jeeshsus would expect Nicodemus to understand would he?

C. As much as I tried to see this from other perspectives, I put myself in Nicodemus' shoes and try to understand what is Jesus talking about?
First birth is of the flesh is flesh"...vs 6
Born of the mother is her child to explain.

That which is of the Spirit is spirit.
This is the second, spiritual birth.

First birth is from Mom......born when her water breaks.
Born again is of the Spirit....born of the Spirit by verses 14-18.
Jesus is lifted up on the cross as the serpent was on the pole representing Him taking on the sins of the world. He was not condemning the world, but dying in our place. Whosoever believes in Him/ Jesus....verses 16, 17, 18 has everlasting life. Believing is the key that makes the spiritual birth possible.
That's what I thought then and still makes sense to me.
What do you think?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Makes sense.

So, He meant one had to be born of a woman and also be baptized, whether by water, the word, or by fire?

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/20/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Makes sense.

So, He meant one had to be born of a woman and also be baptized, whether by water, the word, or by fire?

Jag....
You are a intelligent person.
Sandbilly would say this to you and show this you if he was me.
Friends dont like to see friends being taken.
Especially when they are being taken for their religious beliefs.
You helped out my friend Slumlord in some very complicated stuff and gave him very good info and POC,s.
I just want to tell because of that I consider you a friend..
Friends look out for each other and don't hold anything back that needs to be said.
Ain't much of a friendship if ya aint got that level of discussion between friends.
Straight up blunt this is the way it is stuff.
Friends get over slighted feelings if it happens.

Why are you interacting with Bill Stallings from Chester SC...
A confirmed lying azz sockpuppet troll on here.
A preacher " man of God" who has been making a living off of peoples religous beliefs for years for his personal gain, benefit. and twisted purpose of satisfaction.

You are dealing with the worse type of person by interacting with Bill Stallings/ Barnabus/ Happy Camper/ Elkslayer91/ western juniper
A con artist preacher living thru sockpuppets in a online alter ego world.
Think about all that Jag, would a true person of christain vaules even remotely consider what Stallings has been doing on here for years.

You and others have fell for Bill Stallings twisted online games he has been playing for a long time.

You give credence to a liar and false person of God by doing so each and every time you interact with him.
I would unfriend him and disassociate yourself with him immediately.
Continued interaction with him on your part puts you in a bad light and only continues to feed him the perverse game for attention he wants.

Read the link to this post Jag.
You really need too.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-you-be-on-the-good-o-meter#Post16979095

Last edited by renegade50; 02/20/22.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The time baptism is mentioned is at a different place when the next paragraph Jesus and His disciples meet John the Baptist in Judea.

A couple of other times He spoke of salvation comes to mind.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life."

John 6:47 and then 63...

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
But there are some of you that believe not."

Again the spirit that quickeneth meaning make alive. Again think of the spiritual birth. What was the condition here?
Believing or believing not.

As to baptism, that doesn't come up here in regards to salvation. I think you might be remembering a passage in
Acts 1 "For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence."

Or maybe Matthew 3?

" I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

This was a mixed group of believers who were already saved and going to get baptized. The pharisees who rejected their Messiah/Christ would be baptized with "unquenchable fire."

That can be a confusing passage until we see that sometimes Jesus is preaching to a mixed crowd.
Does that make sense?
What do you think?

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 02/20/22.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You're a leper now Billy boy.
GFY

Last edited by Raferman; 02/20/22.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jaguar,

I have to agree with Rene on one thing. You are smart.
You are smarter than he gives you credit for.
First. He falsely accuses me of being Elkslayer.
He and I agree on the shots and that's about it. He and Rene have the same in common with the liberals lvmiker and NV.....they all hate my messages. That's why rene interrupts us here as well as elks hatred. That's ok because they are under the baptism by fire and I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
theirr attacks convert to blessings to me from God above.
Do you ever hear Elks quoting Scripture?
Case closed. It's rene' that flips out when I post these, probably because it makes that unclean spirit in his brain think about his destiny.

As to the Stallings and Barnaby's and whoever else they hate, I don't give a flip. I know I'm not them, God knows it and you know this to be true. The wicked losers like rene' here keep on posting their lies hoping that simply repeating their lies often enough will either make the gullible believe it or alienate other believers from me (which happens to be the message of our Savior.)
If the Words of God didn't disturb them so much, they wouldn't be attacking constantly. They made the last little Sunday blessing to us believers into 49 pages of basement bathroom banter amongst reprobates.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 02/20/22.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
No they hate you because you are a douchebag. But, being a douchebag, you keep posting and telling yourself it is for some other reason that everyone hates you.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
You would be doing Jesus a big favor by ceasing to advertise for Him, as people might assume everyone who believes is also a douchebag.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All I know is that any God of happy camper is no god for me.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Jaguar,

I have to agree with Rene on one thing. You are smart.
You are smarter than he gives you credit for.
First. He falsely accuses me of being Elkslayer.
He and I agree on the shots and that's about it. He and Rene have the same in common with the liberals lvmiker and NV.....they all hate my messages. That's why rene interrupts us here as well as elks hatred. That's ok because they are under the baptism by fire and their attacks convert blessings to from above.

As to the Stallings and Barnaby's and whoever else they hate, I don't give a flip. I know I'm not them, God knows it and you know this to be true. The wicked losers like rene' here keep on posting their lies hoping that simply repeating their lies often enough will either make the gullible believe it or alienate other believers from me (which happens to be the message of our Savior.)

Epic next level bullshit.

Glad I read that post. You don't often encounter such high level bullshit like that.

Bravo.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm telling you Jag...
Stallings and his sockpuppets are playing you and others for fools...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome!!!

"Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets."

From Jesus to me and other true believers that stand for Him.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
He still says he's not Bill.
Lol what a nut job.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Did Jesus ban anyone from the Campfire today on your behalf Bullshit Bill?

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Told ya. Act like an azzhole, then say people hate you because of Jesus. Lol

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

181 members (12344mag, 44mc, 7887mm08, 160user, 1936M71, 22 invisible), 2,380 guests, and 999 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,645
Posts18,533,734
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.