-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sunce I'm off the first week, I'm gonna give em a try. I got a good box call, a slate, and an "owl call" locater. Anyone have any tips for a beginner?<BR>7mmbuster

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
since there isn't any responses. I'm just starting this year too. I would reccomend that you get a decoy or too also. I also got the gun mount easy yelper to reduce movement when turkeys are near.<P>from what I understand you just go out and get one to gobble set up and cluck and purr and yelp until it comes to you and the decoy. well anyways good luck and safe hunting.<P>------------------<BR>"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.

"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.
C
C
Fellas,
<br>Congratulations on making a decision that may change your life forever! Nothing more rewarding than successfully calling in that first Tom!
<br>Lots of video's available,( try E-Bay) (my favorite gun shop has a video library) on turkey calling and hunting, set up, decoys and calls. Once you've watched and listened to a few videos, you'll have the general idea, practice with your calls, get out before first light to set your decoys, and just remember to enjoy the experience! The rascals have superior vision, slow moves are a must! Been hunting the birds for 10 springs now...enjoy!
<br>

Gettin started is easier than you might think. I thought about it for for several years and worried it would be difficult. Last spring I finally just did it! Got a slate and some 2and 3/4 inch #4s for my old 20ga. dble. The first morning I called in a nice 3 yr old tom. It will make your heart pound to hear em coming through the woods. I am hooked now as the excitement is darn near unbearable!!
<br>Have some fun and "Just do it!"
<br>Rick

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1OntarioJim, 222ND, 1badf350, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,906
Posts18,518,578
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.