-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Turns out he had just moved last year to Killarney, Ireland. Well at least he checked out from a pretty place.

He survived the drug years, I dunno that there’s any group of musicians that drank and drugged themselves to death more thoroughly than the Seattle Grunge crowd.

Wiki says he was hammered by Covid so bad he lost his hearing and could barely walk, could have had a connection to his death.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Never heard of them

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
Lead singers from Seattle grunge bands have a tragic attrition rate. Wood, Cobain, Staley, Cornell, now Mark Lanegan. The only one left is Vedder.

Mark Arm, and the rest of the best band from that grunge mess imo Mudhoney are still around as well.

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Nollij
Lead singers from Seattle grunge bands have a tragic attrition rate. Wood, Cobain, Staley, Cornell, now Mark Lanegan. The only one left is Vedder.

Mark Arm, and the rest of the best band from that grunge mess imo Mudhoney are still around as well.

Forgot about those guys.

Although STP wasn't really grunge, they usually got lumped in there, so you could put Scott Weiland on that list, too.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Forgot about those guys.

Although STP wasn't really grunge, they usually got lumped in there, so you could put Scott Weiland on that list, too.

STP/Weiland werent from seattle.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Dont forget he sang with Mad Season. So that makes 3 dead now from Mad Season.

Last edited by killerv; 02/23/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am proud and delighted to have never heard of him or them. Perhaps because I have not listened to anything so mistakenly called "music" in decades.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I am proud and delighted to have never heard of him or them. Perhaps because I have not listened to anything so mistakenly called "music" in decades.

Dont you have some linux to go play with?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

David Grohl WTF ? still kickin', started out with Cobain

.... like tears in the rain
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by killerv

Forgot about those guys.

STP/Weiland werent from seattle.

Right. Weiland was a peer, though, and another casualty.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I'd have much rather Andrew Wood stayed around instead of that sorry replacement of his.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

True. I used to be a huge fan of Pearl Jam but Vedder can fall over tomorrow for all I care. Liberal Fugg

Wasn't there something about Cornell and the Dumocratic party all chummy (then he went and kilt himself)? He had a fantastic voice but again the liberals got to him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never heard of him or the group either. I turned off MTV and pop radio when grunge took over. Couldn’t stand that crap.

Who is John Galt?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,819
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.