Print Thread
Hop To
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
I just sent this to Gov. Abbott. I doubt I'll get a worthwhile response.

Your opponent Don Huffines is saying he will use Article 1 Section 10 of our Constitution to use the Texas National Guard to close our border with Mexico and stop the invasion of Texas. I believe this part of Article 1 Section 10 gives him that authority:

Clause 3
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, UNLESS ACTUALLY INVADES, OR IS SUCH IMMINENT DANGER AS WILL NOT ADMIT OF DELAY.

Why haven't you stopped the invasion?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Greg Abbott has wore out his welcome, I already voted for Don Huffines on Monday.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/abbotts-operation-lone-star-created-a-legal-train-wreck/

Abbott’s Operation Lone Star Created a Legal ‘Train Wreck’

An overwhelmed judicial system, broken laws, and secret judicial proceedings.

“This is going to be a train wreck, I think, to say the least.”

Judge Richard Evans, a Gov. Abbott-appointed board member to the Texas Indigent Defense Commission (TIDC), uttered these prescient words during an October 1, 2021, emergency meeting—a meeting called after the increase of arrests and bonding of illegal immigrants apprehended for criminal trespass during Abbott’s Operation Lone Star (OLS).

For months, the management of the military aspect of OLS has been criticized for soldiers’ paycheck hardships, bureaucratic turnover and inexperience at the Texas Military Department, supply issues, forced vaccinations, concerns about sexual assault, punishing soldiers through physical exertion, and the “toxic” management style of Abbott-appointee Maj. Gen. Tracy Norris. The ever-flowing streams of issues led to the charge that OLS is poorly planned “political theater.”

Adding to these woes, Texas Scorecard recently exposed problems with the judicial side of Operation Lone Star. In addition to those previously revealed issues, we’ve unearthed an overwhelmed system, potential conflicts with state law, and secret judicial proceedings.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Greg Abbott has wore out his welcome, I already voted for Don Huffines on Monday.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/abbotts-operation-lone-star-created-a-legal-train-wreck/

Judge Richard Evans, a Gov. Abbott-appointed board member to the Texas Indigent Defense Commission (TIDC), uttered these prescient words during an October 1, 2021, emergency meeting—a meeting called after the increase of arrests and bonding of illegal immigrants apprehended for criminal trespass during Abbott’s Operation Lone Star (OLS).

For months, the management of the military aspect of OLS has been criticized for soldiers’ paycheck hardships, bureaucratic turnover and inexperience at the Texas Military Department, supply issues, forced vaccinations, concerns about sexual assault, punishing soldiers through physical exertion, and the “toxic” management style of Abbott-appointee Maj. Gen. Tracy Norris. The ever-flowing streams of issues led to the charge that OLS is poorly planned “political theater.”

Adding to these woes, Texas Scorecard recently exposed problems with the judicial side of Operation Lone Star. In addition to those previously revealed issues, we’ve unearthed an overwhelmed system, potential conflicts with state law, and secret judicial proceedings.

Abbott should have grown a pair, and told Brandon to GFH, and used the Texas Military to close the damn border.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Yepp, fuück joe Byron

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree but still don't know I would vote for Hiffines instead.

It is like listening to every candidate over the last twenty years tell me they are going to lower my property taxes.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kenjs1

It is like listening to every candidate over the last twenty years tell me they are going to lower my property taxes.

Yeah, Huffines talks a big game, but I'm not buying it either.

Just call me "soured" on politicians in general... mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

What are your- and y'alls - thoughts on Allen West

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Abbott should have grown a pair, and told Brandon to GFH, and used the Texas Military to close the damn border.

^^^^^

This.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
V
victoro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
V
[quote=victoro]I just sent this to Gov. Abbott. I doubt I'll get a worthwhile response.

Your opponent Don Huffines is saying he will use Article 1 Section 10 of our Constitution to use the Texas National Guard to close our border with Mexico and stop the invasion of Texas. I believe this part of Article 1 Section 10 gives him that authority:

Clause 3
No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, UNLESS ACTUALLY INVADES, OR IS SUCH IMMINENT DANGER AS WILL NOT ADMIT OF DELAY.

Why haven't you stopped the invasion? [/quote

I early voted this morning and using the Texas National Guard to close the border is on the Republican ballot.

Last edited by victoro; 02/24/22.
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Abbott, like most Republicans, talks big and does little. Where can we find 500 good constitutional conservative Republicans?

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

What are your- and y'alls - thoughts on Allen West

I like West but would never vote for him. The leader of Texas should actually be from Texas

Last edited by Kellywk; 02/24/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 222Sako, 204guy, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,675 guests, and 1,464 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,608
Posts18,492,399
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.