-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not governor, but Louie Gohmert needs to be AG.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bhemry
If I lived there, I'd be voting for Chad Prather.

Not meant to be a negative to you, but I'm glad you don't leave here then. This election is one of the most important state elections in quite sometime. Prather doesn't stand a chance. Conservative republicans better stay together or we will be looking at Texas through blue lenses.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Standing back and thinking about all this, a few things come to mind.

As harshly as Abbott has been criticized, and not unjustly IMO, he's still the best governor Texas ever had. At least in MY lifetime (and sadly so).

I've noted the parallels between Huffines and Trump, they seem to be there. Rand Paul's endorsement carries some weight (again, IMO).

On the other hand, I am a little uneasy with the Huffines connection to big real estate developers. Reckon any dirty money ever passed through his fingers? That's a question, nothing more.

I like West. I think he's the real deal, and anyone who'd stick a pistol in a captured enemy soldier's crotch and pull the trigger to get vital information is not just "okay" in my book. That's someone who's not going to be raising the bet while drawing to an inside straight.

In another matter altogether, I do not believe that Puto O'Puke's "near upset" over Cruz means Texas is going blue. Puto had tremendous support from outside the state, and Cruz basically laid low and had little visibility whatsoever. I noticed that I never saw any Cruz yard signs or bumper stickers...it's as though he just didn't care (not that I believe THAT...just sayin). I think he may have been overconfident but that's just my best guess.

Puto O'Puke is NOT popular anywhere in Texas. They hate him in El Paso because they know him.

I don't believe for a minute the El Puto Chiquito is going to get anywhere near the governor's office, but you can bet yer ass I'll vote...and I'll vote for Bugs Bunny if that's who the republicans put on the ballot.

We'll see if I'm right. wink

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I'll second that. And third it too.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Puto O'Puke is NOT popular anywhere in Texas. They hate him in El Paso because they know him.

I don't believe for a minute the El Puto Chiquito is going to get anywhere near the governor's office, but you can bet yer ass I'll vote...and I'll vote for Bugs Bunny if that's who the republicans put on the ballot.

We'll see if I'm right. wink

You are right. Beto is Texas's Hillery 2016.

Anybody that runs Republican will win.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Heres the problem, I personally know A HERO CHRISTIAN Dr who has saved my life and who family I was the eye Dr of for decades who has worked Closely with and KNOW ABBOT WELL AND TELL ME HE IS A RINO.

I know he has allowed CRT in our schools and books teaching little boys it's ok to suck COCK.

Clue

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/23/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MAC
If you vote for Huffines in the primary then you're a making a huge mistake. You need to think big picture and long term. The GOP needs to quit infighting and get solidly behind the candidate that can beat Bobby O'Dork who will be the DEM nominee. The GOP needs someone with statewide name recognition and not some dark horse which means Abbott (and I'm not an Abbott fan but I am a realist). There will be hundreds of millions of dollars in donations flooding TX from CA and NY to support O'Dork. Remember when he ran against Cruz for senate? He nearly won that seat and the DEMs know that! GOP voters will vote GOP. DEM voters will vote DEM. Neither of those 2 groups will choose the Gov. That will be chosen by the independents and they ARE NOT going to vote for someone with no statewide name recognition. The 2022 election is critical and it isn't the right hill to die on.

I grew up in CO which was solidly RED and the GOP did the same thing there that I see TX doing. They fractured to party by going against the known candidates and nominating lesser known candidates. The DEMs capitalized on that and took the Gov mansion and then huge money came in from CA and more than a million people from CA moved to the state. It is now solidly Blue and that happened in 3 or 4 election cycles. If you vote unwisely in this election and let O'Dork win the Gov mansion in Austin then you can kiss TX goodbye!

Agreed. While Abbott has done a few things I don’t like, he’s better than the unknown, IMO.
I believe he’s the only one who can defeat that POS Gun Grabber Gay Beto.
He’s got the biggest Political War Chest of $$$ And the voter recognition.
I don’t believe Huffines can win. And Allen West hasn’t got a snowballs chance in hell.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/23/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RL

Right or wrong we need someone who has experience with the political game, especially with Texas on the verge of blue anyway. That, whether you like him or not is Gov. Abbott.

You did notice that the True Texas Project had a float in Grapevine's Christmas Parade that slammed Joe Biden??

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/article256384352.html

True Texas Project has endorsed Don Huffines.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/true-texas-project-recommends-don-huffines-in-governor-race/

I'm just throwing that out there smile

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Heres the problem, I personally know CHRISTIAN Drs who have saved my life and who KNOW ABBOT WELL AND TELL ME HE IS A RINO.

I know he has allowed CRT in our schools and books teaching little boys it's ok to suck COCK.

Greg Abbott is Ann Richard's little brother: duplicitous, conniving, deceiving, scheming. There, I said that smile

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Heres the problem, I personally know CHRISTIAN Drs who have saved my life and who KNOW ABBOT WELL AND TELL ME HE IS A RINO.

Greg Abbott is Ann Richard's little brother: duplicitous, conniving, deceiving, scheming. There, I said that smile

Maybe so...and he may be nothing but an actor. But as long as he acts like a conservative (I did NOT say "a PERFECT conservative) while he's in that office in Austin, he's a much better choice that any demoncrap (not that I expect an argument on that point).

Don't be the darkness.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Amen. Trumps true and longtime loyal friend Trump is pushing for the job. It's a joy to talk to his office crew on the phone and hes the only one I know of who has visited and cared for the Trumpsters in solitary confinement and essentially illegal confinement and torture under foreign guards in DC jails along with Marjorie T Green.

God bless America, Trump, Texas, Loui Ghomert and US.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/23/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MAC
I grew up in CO which was solidly RED and the GOP did the same thing there that I see TX doing. They fractured to party by going against the known candidates and nominating lesser known candidates. The DEMs capitalized on that and took the Gov mansion and then huge money came in from CA and more than a million people from CA moved to the state. It is now solidly Blue and that happened in 3 or 4 election cycles. If you vote unwisely in this election and let O'Dork win the Gov mansion in Austin then you can kiss TX goodbye!

This is exactly what happened in Oregon in the late 80s and Oregon turned bluer and bluer as the Ds consolidated their power. Only this year have we seen a D vs D fight for governor.

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RL

Right or wrong we need someone who has experience with the political game, especially with Texas on the verge of blue anyway. That, whether you like him or not is Gov. Abbott.

You did notice that the True Texas Project had a float in Grapevine's Christmas Parade that slammed Joe Biden??

https://texasscorecard.com/state/true-texas-project-recommends-don-huffines-in-governor-race/

I did notice as far as the parade, and it was well received as it came through downtown. Do you live in Grapevine? I have been here for over 30 years. Today I split my time between Grapevine and the ranch in S. Texas.

I don't question Huffines intent. I just don't think he can get it done. A few years ago, maybe, but today with all the influx of out of state liberals to TX - especially NTX, our playing field is not the same as it was i.e. look how Fort Worth is changing politically (Dallas has been lost for a while).

Here in the mid-cities we are spoiled and maybe lulled into believing a democratic governor is not possible. I am in S Texas almost as much as N Texas and it is a different world politically. All that said, I just think our best chance to keep Texas mainly conservative is Abbott. Not that Huffines wouldn't make a good governor, but at this point we need someone who is experienced in the "game". Might not go down as smooth as good whiskey but, in my opinion a reality.

And those that have said a republican is a shoo-in - I hope they are right. Personally, I never thought Obama would win either, so I will not be complacent again.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Native born Texican, Okie resident.

If I could vote in Texas, I'd go for Lt. Col. West (ret)

I come to south Texas every year to get away from Okie winters.
I was here last year for the "Deep Freeze"!

As I understand it, Abbott called the EPA for permission to ramp up fossil fuel production. The EPA said, "Sure, but you will have to charge $1500/kwh for everything produced.
Rather than tell the EPA, "We'll work that out later!" and gin up some kwh's, Abbott let Texicans freeze.
I like Greg Abbott, but I don't care much for "Gov" Abbott.
I find him a bit (a lot?) too "wishy washy".

But hey, we have our own problems with Gov. Stitt (R-OK) in Oklahoma. Nice guy, but he's seems "wishy washy" too.

Last edited by martinstrummer; 02/23/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Amen. Trumps true and longtime loyal friend Trump is pushing for the job. It's a joy to talk to his office crew on the phone and hes the only one I know of who has visited and cared for the Trumpsters in solitary confinement and essentially illegal confinement and torture under foreign guards in DC jails along with Marjorie T Green.

Yes, he supported President Trump, as did Ted Cruz, and he has been a stalwart conservative and defender of law and order for decades.

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Yes, he supported President Trump, as did Ted Cruz, and he has been a stalwart conservative and defender of law and order for decades.

Ghomert will get my vote as well. A strong AG and Lt. Gov is as important a governor.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Abbott will get re-elected. Then when a new strain of covtard hits he'll again roll over the rights of Texans again. No work, no school, no church..and mask up.

He only took s stand when a Democrat took the Whitehouse and re-election loomed...........

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL

I did notice as far as the parade, and it was well received as it came through downtown. Do you live in Grapevine? I have been here for over 30 years. Today I split my time between Grapevine and the ranch in S. Texas.

I don't question Huffines intent. I just don't think he can get it done. A few years ago, maybe, but today with all the influx of out of state liberals to TX - especially NTX, our playing field is not the same as it was i.e. look how Fort Worth is changing politically (Dallas has been lost for a while).

Here in the mid-cities we are spoiled and maybe lulled into believing a democratic governor is not possible. I am in S Texas almost as much as N Texas and it is a different world politically. All that said, I just think our best chance to keep Texas mainly conservative is Abbott. Not that Huffines wouldn't make a good governor, but at this point we need someone who is experienced in the "game". Might not go down as smooth as good whiskey but, in my opinion a reality.

And those that have said a republican is a shoo-in - I hope they are right. Personally, I never thought Obama would win either, so I will not be complacent again.

I grew up in the Mid-Cities, still visit some friends in Grapevine, Mom lives in North Euless off of Glade Rd.

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RL
Originally Posted by RL

I grew up in the Mid-Cities, still visit some friends in Grapevine, Mom lives in North Euless off of Glade Rd.

North Euless around Glade has changed drastically in the last several years. Hwy 157 was a two lane road from Euless to Grapevine. Use to be woods and a couple farm houses. Now Hwy 121 and nothing but rooftops as far as you can see. My Grapevine home is near Grapevine Lake, not too far from Gaylord Texan.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I’m taking a hard look at Huffines. I like Prather. I like West. I have seen Abbott waffle and dither about critical issues too much. He is all over the place on the second amendment.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 62 invisible), 2,392 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,601
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.