Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
So I finally am getting a required physical for my upcoming cataract surgery, and several of the GP’s and Internists I called want $500 or more, cash, plus insurance to schedule an appointment.

Has anyone else come across these additional payment requirements from MD’s?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No. But I would definitely be looking for another doctor.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
So I finally am getting a required physical for my upcoming cataract surgery, and several of the GP’s and Internists I called want $500 or more, cash, plus insurance to schedule an appointment.

Why would you have to gt a physical for cataract surgery? I never heard of such a thing.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt

You bet you ass on that one, I would also be checking to see if this is legal in your area.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Why would you have to gt a physical for cataract surgery? I never heard of such a thing.

It’s a bloody stoopid requirement from my eye surgeon. I did find another MD who will give me a physical for just the insurance costs.

I keep hearing that there are more MD’s charging access fees. Some are as high as 10K per year. I hope this doesn’t catch on.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
It is crazy that it's becoming this way.

I hear about other people struggling to get a chance to speak to a doctor or make an appointment. That it might take weeks or months to get an appointment.

Fortunately, we have a few doctors in our circle of friends that have become a phenomenal resource. It shouldn't be this way, but it is.

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by local_dirt

You bet you ass on that one, I would also be checking to see if this is legal in your area.

I've never heard of such a thing.

I've got a sour taste in my mouth for doctors right now anyway.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have never had this happen or heard of it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

It’s a bloody stoopid requirement from my eye surgeon. I did find another MD who will give me a physical for just the insurance costs.

I keep hearing that there are more MD’s charging access fees. Some are as high as 10K per year. I hope this doesn’t catch on.

We have the dental group in our small town doing the same thing in essence. Pay $65.00 fee and get "regular rates". It's a 120 mile round trip to the bigger city, so they know they can get away with it.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It is a way for doctors/dentists to get around fee caps set by insurance companies.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My in-laws live in the communist state of Maryland. When they go to a doctor, they have to pay up front a fee for a year of service, for treatment. This is absolutely crazy. [bleep] those people.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by windridge

We have the dental group in our small town doing the same thing in essence. Pay $65.00 fee and get "regular rates". It's a 120 mile round trip to the bigger city, so they know they can get away with it.

Found a different dentist after this Covid sh*t decided I had to join their club @ 50 bucks a month plus get a 1500 full teeth cleaning before they would fix a cavity. Fugg em. 2100 bucks + 300 to fix 1 cavity.

Swifty
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Never heard of such a thing, access fees for doctors. I was just at dentist, no extra fee. Have a physical in a week, and am not aware of extra fees.
I thought Obama care was supposed to fix these kinds of issues.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Concierge medicine.

It's what happens when you expect great care but insurance won't pay for it.

Docs say, pay me cash, I'll offer you a suite of services and everyone wins.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had two about two years apart. Never heard of such a thing/

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where are you at Old Ornery?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am having that surgery done in a month. Thank god I just have to have my doctor sign a sheet and I’m good to go.

NRA Life Member

"You might as well be wrong, as be right and not know it"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Would any of the rest of us allow a third party to pay us a fraction of what our work is worth just because they say so? Take a close look at the "EOB" your insurance company sends you after a medical procedure to see what the doc bills, and what he/she actually gets paid. When I owned a body shop, I stopped taking jobs from certain insurance companies because of the screwing I kept getting from their "adjusters". Some docs are in the same boat, including the primary care physician I've had for 30+ years. He's almost ready to hang up his spurs and quit riding the insurance bronco, and he's one of the best docs I've ever had!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have some caregivers that don't accept the insurance payments.
You pay a deductible, they collect insurance, then bill you the rest.
Ripoff artists.

A friend had back issues and went to two younger ladies in a chiropractor practice. $40 copay/bill insurance/billed him $20 or 30 more.

"Damn, the guy I see is walk in, $25 cash before you leave!"

Second generation in the business, and both generations have
done well over the years.
Nice modest office, wife/secretary.
Lower expenses let him keep more money.
Most docs dealing with insurance have to keep people on
payroll just to deal with it. At some point, eliminating insurance and
it's hassels is cheaper than having it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by shinbone
It is a way for doctors/dentists to get around fee caps set by insurance companies.

Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Concierge medicine.

It's what happens when you expect great care but insurance won't pay for it.

Docs say, pay me cash, I'll offer you a suite of services and everyone wins.

Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Would any of the rest of us allow a third party to pay us a fraction of what our work is worth just because they say so? Take a close look at the "EOB" your insurance company sends you after a medical procedure to see what the doc bills, and what he/she actually gets paid. When I owned a body shop, I stopped taking jobs from certain insurance companies because of the screwing I kept getting from their "adjusters". Some docs are in the same boat, including the primary care physician I've had for 30+ years. He's almost ready to hang up his spurs and quit riding the insurance bronco, and he's one of the best docs I've ever had!

What Hotrod said is what that phenomenon is all about. In a hospital-run system, it’s just greed by the board/exec admin, as their revenues are padded a few different ways. But for a free-standing, non- hospital affiliate primary care or internal medicine office, lab/ekg/cxr may or may not be onsite, doing an hour-long physical in a complex older gentleman, off the street unknown guy to the practice, plus lab interpretations and surgeon paperwork and handholding, plus whatever “oh by the way i have chest pain today” surprises that get sprung, it’s a loss leader for their business. For the same time/effort on the schedule, one could see four or five patients each reimbursing about the same, or more, as that one physical.

I.e. insurers do not want to pay for physicals, guy wants a physical, the cost gets passed to the guy consuming the service his insurer won’t cover, doctor gets the blame. Nice racket to be an insurer, eh?

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 43 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,581
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.