Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I agree the west will do nothing for a very long time, so what happens is in the mind of Putin and Xi. You can never forget there are truly irrational and megalomaniacal people out there who do irrational things. We have lived in the lap of luxury for a very long time. We have multiple generations who are disconnected from the real world which history shows us.

War has been history's tried and true Great Reset.

My guess is though Putin will take all of Ukraine by imposing a puppet leader while maintaining a phony sovereignty in Ukraine. And teh west will do nothing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Nobody is going to stop any aggression.

The allies have nothing but limp wristed puzzies who are incapable of any type of statesmanship, or handling any type of crisis situation.

Nothing but emotion driven idiots.

Our leaders lead the pack in limp wristed puzzies.

Exactly. While the US and western Europe is being woke and patting themselves on the back for letting dudes swim in races against women, Putin and Xi are plotting to take over the world and all we can/will do is sternly scold them.

Just like here at home, the Democrats are constantly at war against us, throwing 1000 preposterous ideas against the wall and hoping 1 or 2 stick, while Republicans in charge pat themselves on the back for stopping 998 or 999 of those ideas. Nevermind the 1 or 2 that stuck are totally assinine, and now they're going to do it again and again, all because our leadership is a bunch of limp wristed puzzies that won't stop the stuff because "we stopped a lot of it though".

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I agree with what was said above^^^^^^^

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
I sympathize with the everyday Ukrainian people. We and a number of other countries made great promises of protection to them if they just gave up their own heavy missiles, back in the 90’s.
Kinda sounds like our own 2A fight.
As long as Putin is alive he will drive for more. The trend worldwide of appeasement fuels him.

I could be wrong of course. As soon as Joe gets outta bed at the crack of noon he might just go all out Corn Pop on ol Putin.

Osky

China is the real elephant in Americas closet, they will take advantage of this.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
China started taking advantage of things really big time back in 2019.

Cough, cough.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It ends in a day or two and with Russia in control of whatever it wants. But they only want those two eastern provinces.

They already hod those provinces for all intents and purposes.

I don't know how it ends TBH.

I live in mid-eastern Romania, about 300 miles or so , as the crow flies from Crimea. I've been here almost 8 years now and never thought I'd see this. In a few days we will have Russia on our northern border. They are already in Kiev as we type. It may be a while, but I think he (Putin) will go for non-EU, non-NATO Moldova next, which is on our north eastern border. After that if Putin still has ambitions, it will be the acid test for NATO and the free world. Let him or not let him. I know it is not really the United States fight and ever since the Soviet break up, these European countries should have been building their militarys, to defend themselves instead of carrying on with their corruption, but the question is: Does the USA and the rest of the free world want to allow Russia to gobble up a large portion of free Europe and be an even larger menace to the rest of the world in the future? Hopefully the Chinese will not choose to show their asses at this time, RJ

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Vlad knows how this is going to end. The rest of us are clueless. Taking Vlad at his word, from his books...the Russian Black Sea Fleet was based at Odessa before the fall of the Soviet empire, and after Minsk agreement they were kicked out and the fleet neutralized without an ice free port. So he takes Crimea, giving him Sevastapol as a fleet base....but it is undefendable if you look at the map. Then the gold braid at NATO says, oh let's get these little pissant countries around Sevastapol to join NATO and screw Vlad. This is Vlads move to secure a base for his fleet. If he takes some real estate to secure his fleet base, it should stabilize. If it's more convenient to take the whole damn Ukraine, he will do that. US presidents and NATO forced the Russian bear into a corner....now they are shocked at the bears response. We are ruled by idiots, renewed with fresh idiots every 4 years.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
It ends in a day or two and with Russia in control of whatever it wants. But they only want those two eastern provinces.

No they want more, but those can be taken with the lest fuss. They present the best risk/reward ratio for Russia.

Putin doesn't have to take all of Ukraine today. By just pealing off these two additional provinces we weakens Ukraine as a nation and encourages more breakups which will eventually lead to the nation to fracture much like the former Yugoslavia. Putin will get the Ukrainian industrial east, the oil and gas properties and land bridge to the Crimea he wants.

For practical purposed the world will do nothing and our opponents will be further emboldened.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 02/24/22.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am guessing he is going to go after non EU non NATO countries bordering Russian Federation first. Next will come Baltic States of Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania with significant Russian populations. The [bleep] will use same excuse as Hitler did with Sudetenland ie trampling on rights of German population there. If he is not stopped now I am guessing he might go to the Oder river line.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Joe byron won’t even remeber the war.

Fück Joe byron
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Russia will stop with Ukraine unless the American government starts arming up other nation states which border Russia,...as they did in Ukraine.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rj308

I live in mid-eastern Romania, about 300 miles or so , as the crow flies from Crimea. I've been here almost 8 years now and never thought I'd see this. In a few days we will have Russia on our northern border. They are already in Kiev as we type. It may be a while, but I think he (Putin) will go for non-EU, non-NATO Moldova next, which is on our north eastern border. After that if Putin still has ambitions, it will be the acid test for NATO and the free world. Let him or not let him. I know it is not really the United States fight and ever since the Soviet break up, these European countries should have been building their militarys, to defend themselves instead of carrying on with their corruption, but the question is: Does the USA and the rest of the free world want to allow Russia to gobble up a large portion of free Europe and be an even larger menace to the rest of the world in the future? Hopefully the Chinese will not choose to show their asses at this time, RJ

I don’t give a frick. We don’t live in a free country. Why the frick should I care if anyone else does? Putin can’t be worse than our current overlords.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by rj308

A move on Moldova sounds plausible.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Kamala Harris is on it. It'll all be fine. laugh crazy

Tarquin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Moldova is a failed state that has been pillaged by its government. It's the poorest nation state in Europe. It would voluntarily rejoin with Russia.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
News is saying now that troops have destroyed a nuclear waste facility at Chernobyl, I wonder if that is the containment site of the reactor?

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If Ukrainians do not roll over like Afghanis did, Russia may have a huge insurgency on their hands. Russia does not have the finance to keep a war running, so it will most likely be short in theory?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't care about Ukraine. But WT Crude is already up $7/barrel this morning.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I don't care about Ukraine. But WT Crude is already up $7/barrel this morning.

Biden needs to quit cockblocking American oil production.

Yesterday.

But he probably won't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We need to take back our own country before concerning ourselves with goings on on the other side of the world.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 29 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.