Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
dod6 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I recently had a very positive experience with Burris’ customer service regarding a red dot mounting situation. That has led me to make the decision to give Burris rifle scopes a try. I’ve heard all the rave reviews of the fullfield 2, but does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the higher end hunting scopes? The veracity 3-15 looks like it may be a nice scope, although I’m not crazy about the reticle and at around $700, you are entering some steep competition with zeiss, Meopta, etc…

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
There are other Burris rifle scopes that will work great in the power range you are asking about and they don't all cost $700. The reticles suck in the Veracity model anyway. That scope is also a tank at almost 31 oz's and a FFP. All of which you don't need on a "hunting" rifle. If I were you, I'd try the FFII 3-9x40 with ballistic plex reticle. Its a great scope for the money and the reticle is one of my favorites. What rifle is this scope going to go on? Most of my "hunting" rifles wear the FFII 3-9X40 w/ballistic plex.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Get them while you can … rumor is the ballistic plex has been discontinued in the FFII.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Get them while you can … rumor is the ballistic plex has been discontinued in the FFII.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Don’t discount the Burris Droptine. I bought one and liked it so munch I bought another one. I’ve read where the glass is the same as the FullField. Both of my Droptines have performed great. One is on a 260 Remington and the other is on an AR-15.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I sent Burris a scope that took a dump and they said it wasn't repairable. I've been waiting for weeks for a replacement, but it is covered under warranty. I guess eventually I'll be shooting again.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I sent Burris a scope that took a dump and they said it wasn't repairable. I've been waiting for weeks for a replacement, but it is covered under warranty. I guess eventually I'll be shooting again.

They all have their faults.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have owned two Burris Signature scopes ( discontinued models), both 1" tubes. One was a 3 -10x AO, the other a fixed 6x-40 mm. Sold the variable (sold the rifle and then the scope). Very good glass. The 3-10x AO was heavy, but I was ok with it , as it was on a varmint weight bolt gun. I still have the fixed 6x scope, and it won't be sold for a long time ( 3.5+ " of eye relief, plex reticle, excellent resolution, bright image in low light matte finish, and with click adjustments). I really like it.

I remember some of the print advertising (1980's-1990's?) stating the design element features/benfits of the Signature series which positively impacted my decision to buy them: high quality glass, internal lenses 40% larger than "typically" found on 1" tubed scopes for improved light transmission/brightness, dual-leaf erector assembly springs for improved zero-holding (other models have 1 leaf spring), quad rings instead of "O rings" for improved nitrogen sealing to reduce internal moisture/fogging, and variables utilizeg a hardened brass zoom ring vs softer aluminum compared to ther brands variables, and lifetime warranty. There were made in America.

I bought the 6x Burris Signature in used, like new condition, about 6 years ago. The variable came with the rifle I bought.

I highly recommend a Signature series scope, if you can find one.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I have added 7 more of them to the stockpile in the past two weeks. One of my favorite scopes and reticles and I should have enough on hand to last me awhile.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We just received the remaining inventory of the Burris Fullfield II™ 6.5x - 20x 50mm Ballistic Mil-Dot Riflescope #200193 and we are blowing these out for only $179.99. Made in the Philippines

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B3

D
dod6 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What rifle is this scope going to go on?.

Nothing in mind at the moment. I’ve got a stainless Model 70 in .300 Win Mag that is currently naked, but I have a Meopta in mind for it. Truthfully, my call with Burris’ customer service the other day made me want to do business with them. I figure I can buy one of their scopes then I’ll have a reason to buy another gun. Win/win. I almost pulled the trigger on the ff2 the other day but Doug sold out of the 4.5-14 just before I did. I’ll call tomorrow and see what he has left. Thanks for the input.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by dod6
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
What rifle is this scope going to go on?.

Nothing in mind at the moment. I’ve got a stainless Model 70 in .300 Win Mag that is currently naked, but I have a Meopta in mind for it. Truthfully, my call with Burris’ customer service the other day made me want to do business with them. I figure I can buy one of their scopes then I’ll have a reason to buy another gun. Win/win. I almost pulled the trigger on the ff2 the other day but Doug sold out of the 4.5-14 just before I did. I’ll call tomorrow and see what he has left. Thanks for the input.

Don't overlook the E1 with the ballistic plex reticle. If you get the one with the old style ballistic plex reticle, it's a great scope for the money. Don't get the one with this reticle:
It's a pos as far as I'm concerned. Or, I should say the reticle design is very poor. Burris has made and discontinued some great scopes over the last couple decades. The signatures were always great scopes, the MSR 223 was a good scope for the money and had the original ballistic plex reticle. These are very similar to the newer droptine. Their higher powered AR rifle scopes are some of my favorites. I run them on bolt actions, 10-22's, and of course my AR15's and AR10's. These scopes are the AR556 and AR7.62 4.5-14x42. Those scopes track well and have great glass, good reticle and were only $350.00. They are very hard to find and get now, as I think the guys that have them hang on to them:
Here's the C4 windplex reticle on the AR556 and AR7.62 rifle scopes:

And of course, they work well on AR's:

The turrets on those scopes were just like the Leupold CDS. Where, Burris gave you a coupon to receive a free laser engraved turret with the purchase of that scope.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have a Burris Signature HD w/illuminated reticle in 3-15X44mm (I believe) on 243W. that I really like. This is latest coyote rifle.
So far it dials consistently out to 400 yards and back but haven’t gone further than that but will this spring.
I really like the illuminated reticle for those really early/late shots. The glass is extremely descent as well despite being made in China. Not as good as my Zeiss Conquest but still very good.

Last edited by SoTexCurdog; 02/26/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a couple with the E1 BP. Not my favorite, but it hasn’t been a problem either. Looks like they offer special models for the .350 L, .450 B, and MLs, kind of a silly idea IMO, but maybe a CDNN opportunity in the making!

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It’s a shame Leupold blames the consumer rather than their made in China internals for crappy mechanics.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well Burris scopes are JUNK I haven't had a piece of Burris's JUNK since the 80's....Ruger 22 Mag. 6-18 scope 3 shots crosshairs are broken....Remington 11-87 1.75-4 scope 2 shots scope locks up.....NEW 3-9 mounted on a Winchester 70 never shot scope locks up cannot adjust scope.....

Took every Burris piece of JUNK got them repaired free and sold them all....I owned a Gun Shop for 14 years and would not buy any Burris scopes on guns just JUNK....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
Well Burris scopes are JUNK I haven't had a piece of Burris's JUNK since the 80's....Ruger 22 Mag. 6-18 scope 3 shots crosshairs are broken....Remington 11-87 1.75-4 scope 2 shots scope locks up.....NEW 3-9 mounted on a Winchester 70 never shot scope locks up cannot adjust scope.....

Took every Burris piece of JUNK got them repaired free and sold them all....I owned a Gun Shop for 14 years and would not buy any Burris scopes on guns just JUNK....

When I read of some of the tests guys are putting scopes through, it makes me recall the days when slug shotguns were more prominent in the upper Midwest. A pump or single shot 12 ga shooting slugs could shake a lot of scopes loose pretty quick. Not that anyone wants to endure the hellacious recoil associated with such a test, but I'd be willing to bet that a tracking test with 3" slug gun recoil in between adjustments would separate some wheat from the chaff.

After your years of owning a gun shop, what 1" scopes have you found to be durable?

Last edited by Starbuck; 02/26/22.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Own 13 Burris scopes and have never had a problem from any of them, most are on muzzleloaders or springer air rifles.

Making black powder smoke is a great thing..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by coyotewacker

Exactly. The POS scopes that come with Remington 700 ADLs are better.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
BDR is strong with you..

I’ve got a 3-9 FFii laying around if you want to borrow it sometime.

Let me know.🤣

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Exactly. The POS scopes that come with Remington 700 ADLs are better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (6mmbrfan, 907brass, BALLISTIK, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,460 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,218
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.