Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I bought a parker on closeout a couple years ago for a song. Havent even unpacked it, but it came with an unusable scope. I gave it to the kids to put on an airsoft gun.

I'd like to break out the parker and get it ready for next season (Sept!).

What do I really need in a xbow scope? Is a xbow difficult on scopes like some pellet guns are?

I prefer to not spend a lot, but I dont want garbage either. Is <$150 do able? I can increase it $200 budget, but am hoping thats it.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hawke makes some excellent Xbow scopes, I use them on mine. Vortex also made a dedicated scope and I've heard it's excellent.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Crockett-
John55 is mostly correct. Hawke makes a decent value scope for a crossbow. I purchased way too many discontinued Horton Multi-A-Range scopes on Ebay a few years back......at about $8 each/shipped.

These are Hawke scopes.....4x32. 20-30-40-50 yds........and even 60 at the duplex. The hash mark above the 20 works for 10 yards...according to rumor. Sight at 30 and 40, then check closer and farther ranges for acceptability.

They work just fine. 60 yards is enough (too far, some may say, DNR included). The elk I've participated in packing out, as a result of this scope, were shot much closer.

If you want one....PM your mailing address......if you like it, send $8 and postage on package. If you don't, just send it back.

Crockett only.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So far on my Excalibur I’ve used the factory-provided zoom with range marks, a Primary Arms Cyclops 1x prism, a Vortex Sparc 2, a SeeAll open sight, and the current one, a refurbed Nikon 3x crossbow scope I bought from Natchez. Up to 40 yards, I could hit anything I needed to with all of them. Beyond that the range marks dialed in using the power selector are handy. Generally, you dial in the center point at 20, then adjust the “speed dial” (zoom) until the 30-yard mark is on, then you should be okay at the other points, but of course you need to check to be sure.

My Nikon has marks, but no dial, so I zeroed it at 30, then checked the next mark at 40. Killed one at 40 last Fall, so it works!

Major advantage of magnification is being able to see stuff that will deflect your arrow. For shooting in the open, a red dot will work quite well, and is light. Crossbows have some vibration, so be sure you goop up all the screws and check them regularly.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have 2 Hawke scopes I might get rid of in the not so distant future. I think during daylight they work great, in the dark the illumination is horrendous.

Vortex is a stepup from Hawke.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A crossbow scope is built similar to an Air Rifle scope and is designed for reverse recoil. The Hawke Crossbow Scopes XB1 1.5-5x32 SR #12221 will let you use the magnification to set the different yardages from 20-100 based on the speed of the bow.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Thank you all for your input. Appreciated.

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I ordered one of those Hawke XB-1's last year and sent it right back, The main problem with it was the fast focus eye piece was loose and it wobbled enough that you could see the crosshairs move 3" on a 30 yd.target when held static on bags and moving the eye piece side to side or up and down. The illumination was also useless in low light because it was too bright even at it's lowest setting. Bought a Vortex Crossfire II crossbow scope and am quite pleased. The eyepiece is tight with no wobble and It works as advertised.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I run an HHA Tetra XB and Zeiss 1.8-5.5x38. Crossbows aren’t hard on scopes from what I see/hear. Springer Airgunscare a different animal.

Crockett NJ, I’ve a Tenpoint Pro I think it’s called leftover from my Zeiss conversion. I’ll send it to you if you pm me your address. Has holdovers and illumination I am 99.9% on. I’m across the country but will be home Friday.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The Tenpoint 2 gens old now I think doesn’t have the FFP power adjustment to calibrate yardage. The ExoMarksman or whatever the new version is called does.

Wyvern sells takeoffs I believe as well.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Grem, MikeW above is sending one over to me to try out. I appreciate the offer. If for some reason the scope mike sends doesnt cut it for me, I'll hit you up.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
I bought a parker on closeout a couple years ago for a song. Havent even unpacked it, but it came with an unusable scope. I gave it to the kids to put on an airsoft gun.

I'd like to break out the parker and get it ready for next season (Sept!).

What do I really need in a xbow scope? Is a xbow difficult on scopes like some pellet guns are?

I prefer to not spend a lot, but I dont want garbage either. Is <$150 do able? I can increase it $200 budget, but am hoping thats it.

What you need in an xbow is that it makes sighting pleasurable, efficient, and it also gives you an accurate experience. I ordered a Vortex Crossfire II late last month. You won't get it until you experience it yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Parker came with a hawke on it

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have a scope from my RAVIN model 20 I’ll sell, don’t know if it works for yours, check it out. I bought a Burris Oracle X. Let me know.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Most crossbow scopes suck. Get a HHA optimizer and put a good 3-9x40 on it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (1badf350, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 43 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,641
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.