Print Thread
Hop To
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Never converted, original grips, nice overall original condition. 3 digit serial number.

Very little holster wear, thin to nothing turn line, one zit in the blue just behind one flute on the cylinder.

Better pics for serious buyers, know your states laws, shipped & insured to lower 47, Alaska for a bit more. Shipping ffl to ffl, but even that is getting pricey for a handgun. $875 shipped. USPMO, check with wait, or cash. Good communication appreciated. You'll get same.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice piece!! GLWS. shouldn't last long

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Very Good price for a clean 3 screw Model in today’s market.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
uno Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What part of Kentucky you in, can do face to face P M coming your way

Last edited by uno; 02/25/22.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
If uno doesn’t take I will take it

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.

NRA Life Member

IC B2

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
SPF by time line on another forum, sorry guys. I'll have a 4 5/8" 45 F/S next week if interested.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
No prob. Could you send me details on that to goliathcompaniesyahoo.com

I’m interested. Thank you

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.

NRA Life Member

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Beautiful gun and a great deal!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Please excuse my ignorance, but I wish to learn. What does "never converted" mean?

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Did you put the wrong picture in this ad?

That gun has a 45-xxxxx serial number, not a 3 digit as stated, and that hammer "is" a conversion hammer being it doesn't have the original wide thumb pad that is wider than the overall thickness of the hammer.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by cotis
Please excuse my ignorance, but I wish to learn. What does "never converted" mean?

The lawyers forced Ruger to change the hammer, and add a safety bar, to keep the hammer(firing pin) from resting on a chamber with a live cartridge.

"He is far from Stupid"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunzo
Good communication appreciated. You'll get same.

Yet, somehow you failed to mention this item was posted for sale on other forums.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

That gun has a 45-xxxxx serial number, not a 3 digit as stated, and that hammer "is" a conversion hammer being it doesn't have the original wide thumb pad that is wider than the overall thickness of the hammer.

Nothing in your statement is correct or relevant. SUPER Blackhawks had the widened hammer spur, no others. And anyone knowing OM 45's knows the reference to 3 digit.

Old models, tricky nomenclature, & needing study & understanding of what's what.

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Good communication appreciated. You'll get same.

Yet, somehow you failed to mention this item was posted for sale on other forums.

Obviously, maybe not, intended to mean during the sale process. But point taken. Some folks need more clarity. Had you been a contender for this offering I might owe you an apology for not mentioning that. But you weren't & isn't it first come first served in any sale?
Otherwise I'm failing to understand, what would it actually mean if I had mentioned it? I try to be fair & complete in my adds, but what would stating, if I had done so, listed elsewhere, actually mean? Howwould have changed the sale?

Help me here, I'm missing the point.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Whenever I see that disclaimer in an ad I cease my consideration of it & immediately move on.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Whenever I see that disclaimer in an ad I cease my consideration of it & immediately move on.

So it's your personal choice or opinion & not germane to the substance of the add? Asking is all as I strive to be better for my next add.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

You don't know what you're talking about, on the hammer and the serial number. These started with 45-00001 thus that is considered a 3 digit, 1st year gun.

Those who call magazines "clips" and cartridges "bullets" ought not to be taken seriously. Jeff Cooper.
We might add those who call bullets "boolits.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Nothing in your statement is correct or relevant. SUPER Blackhawks had the widened hammer spur, no others. And anyone knowing OM 45's knows the reference to 3 digit.

Old models, tricky nomenclature, & needing study & understanding of what's what.

I see on the Ruger site the 3-screw 45's were only made 71-73, and they all had "45-" serial numbers, and didn't have true 3/4/5 digit serials like others did in the '60s like the SBH's. I was thinking the 45's might not have the wide pad at the end of the spur, and it could be a magnum only feature when I was typing it. I should've researched it. I guess I'm just too use to people on Gunbroker claiming a SBH they are selling hasn't been converted, and it is obvious in the picture showing the hammer it has been. I don't follow the 45's so......

Most people cock the hammer in a picture to show it hasn't been converted.

It is beautiful pistol in excellent shape.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by DennisB

You don't know what you're talking about, on the hammer and the serial number. These started with 45-00001 thus that is considered a 3 digit, 1st year gun.

You're 30 minutes late in correcting me. You got beat by the OP.

"He is far from Stupid"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (22250rem, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,478
Posts18,490,006
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.