Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by bearstalker
I wouldn't want a new model 70 that came from the same plant that closed down, nor touched by the hands that made all that poor quality trash from the past few years. No thanks.
I agree 100% Bearstalker...........547.

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Seafire
And since VAnimrod wanted to say I don't know what I am talking about.... well from your perspective, so be it..... you and I must have been raised in different environments or circles when we were growing up in Virginia...My folks taught me to respect others, and have some manners.. instead of having a chip on my shoulder...and a quick tongue...

Yep, and it shows.

BWT - let's drop the horseschit. What part of VA were you raised in?

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Born in Bluefield, family from Giles County Va and Monroe County WVa

Spent part of my small youth days around Richmond area, then Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William Counties...

My dad was an Air Force pilot...

Graduated High School in 1970 from West Springfield High School, Springfield, Fairfax Co...

I am 17th generation Virginian, direct descendent of first settlers at Jamestown.. have the family tree from 1607 on...plus another 9 generations before that in England...

live out here in Oregon, because I love the mountains too damn much.. and the wide open spaces.. Most of my family is all still back in Virginia..in the SW part of the state, or up around Metro DC...

and my apologies. this is the first time you and I have had any disagreement.. I have to admit.. I always read fellow Virginians posts a little more closley.. as they usually display a lot more common sense to me, than alot of people from other places...

and by the way.. my name is John...

regards..
seafire

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think blaming the unions for the demise of the Winchester M70 and M94 is total BS. That same old sorry excuse for failure is really worn out. It takes more than unions to make or break any company or product. To make it in a competetive environment, everyone has to work and do a good job. You may not realize this but the people of this country have a lot to be thankful to the unions for, and not just the union members either. Personally, I am a salaried company man, but I don't go around spewing anti-union rhetoric. Every manufacturing business needs for EVERYONE to do their job, and do it well.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Triggerguard has the lowdown on whats going on with Winchester but from what I gathered in his last post on the subject, he is not able to spill the beans just yet. I hope Winchester does come back and with some better rifles than what they were selling before they shut down. Whats not to love about the 3 position safety? I've read it several times here on the 'Fire many times but cannot fathom why someone would not like it and removing the firing pin is another stroke of genius. I've never tried the Remington but have heard it's not near as simple as the Winny.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Seafire
Born in Bluefield, family from Giles County Va and Monroe County WVa

Spent part of my small youth days around Richmond area, then Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William Counties...

My dad was an Air Force pilot...

Graduated High School in 1970 from West Springfield High School, Springfield, Fairfax Co...

I am 17th generation Virginian, direct descendent of first settlers at Jamestown.. have the family tree from 1607 on...plus another 9 generations before that in England...

live out here in Oregon, because I love the mountains too damn much.. and the wide open spaces.. Most of my family is all still back in Virginia..in the SW part of the state, or up around Metro DC...

and my apologies. this is the first time you and I have had any disagreement.. I have to admit.. I always read fellow Virginians posts a little more closley.. as they usually display a lot more common sense to me, than alot of people from other places...

and by the way.. my name is John...

regards..
seafire

I lived in farifax county in the mid 80's to early 90's. I went to francis scott key junior high and would have gone to robert lee high school. I really liked VA. It was a great place to grow up. So much history. Living there is one of the reasons I got a history degree and taught for a little while. (then I got paid...and I found a better job).

----------
Hunting is my religion
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Originally Posted by RAS
. Is there anyone out there that doesnt like the 3 position safety?

RAS

I don't care for them of course I can't stand winchester. I will never waste my money on a piece od crap winchester and personally hope they are never made again.

Last edited by Nawlins_chris; 09/26/07.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 1234, 55 invisible), 10,061 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,354
Posts18,546,719
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.