-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I feel sorry for what the Covid 19 Mandates and restrictions have done to your Fishing and Hunting Lodges. I have Fished and Hunted in Canada close to 20 times and I know from the People I talk to in the States. It is just not worth the BS to jump through the hoops to go to Canada yet !!! That means three years I have not gone to Canada. All I can say Sad very Sad.
Best of Luck to You All

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There used to be several lodges and extended stay charter boats here on Lake Nipigon. They are all gone. It’s gettin hard to find even a day charter

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yep living close the Canadian Border in Minnesota yes its great fishing , hunting in Canada . but this Liberal country has made it a mess to come across the border anymore so to heck with Canada anymore.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
HELL......I can see Canada out my back door......will not waste my time going hunting or fishing there any more.....as far as I'am concerned Canada is no longer a friendly country to go to.....
I have no problem doing what I want to do in the USA and keep my money here.....

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kkahmann
There used to be several lodges and extended stay charter boats here on Lake Nipigon. They are all gone. It’s gettin hard to find even a day charter

Nipigon used to be great fishing in the 70's and 80's.

Cancelled my BC salmon halibut trip this year. Its too plugged up now in Canada and I have been doing annual fishing and hunting trips over 40 years . Im about an hour from the border

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm supposed to go on a fly in fishing trip in June first scheduled 3 years ago. Hope it works out this time.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
F - Canada, it's a shame there's a bunch of good people stuck in the middle. Canada has proven to have no fight in them, and the US is following right along.

Life is good live it while you can.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
ribka —fishing is better now than in the 70’s and 80’s but the political situation is way worse. Once we lost the WW11 and Korean vets Canada and the US seem to have drifted further and further apart.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's bad enough when you own a place.
We missed 2021.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Fishing is better without as many tourists around now.
However, when the local border was opened for US tourists again last summer, there was a full day wait for US residents to come across at my local crossing. There doesn’t seem to be much less border traffic at all in my opinion. Last year the fishing resorts had no business, this year they were back to making large profits again pulling in US dollars and gaining %25 on the exchange to CDN dollars. This how the fishing resorts have been making large profits for years.

Last edited by snoeproe; 03/02/22.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am excited to finally get back up there for our June trip this year.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 160user
I am excited to finally get back up there for our June trip this year.

I wish you all the best for your trip. Make some memories.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Men, please wear a PFD on the water.

That old story about a bad day of fishing being better than a good day at work, falls apart if someone drowns.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Men, please wear a PFD on the water.

That old story about a bad day of fishing being better than a good day at work, falls apart if someone drowns.

And that northern water is always cold.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I went up to BC in January for a wolf/lynx hunt. The COVID testing protocols after I was in the country were insane. Online appointments, witnessed testing, overnight shipping of samples. I was on a backcountry hunting trapping trip, no way to do what they wanted, so I didn’t. They sent me a bunch threatening emails that I ignored, hell they were still sending them a week after I got home. They probably won’t let me in the country again.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Brittdog
I went up to BC in January for a wolf/lynx hunt. The COVID testing protocols after I was in the country were insane. Online appointments, witnessed testing, overnight shipping of samples. I was on a backcountry hunting trapping trip, no way to do what they wanted, so I didn’t. They sent me a bunch threatening emails that I ignored, hell they were still sending them a week after I got home. They probably won’t let me in the country again.

Yes its pretty crazy. I run trapline trips here in Yukon and the crazy thing is that only one of my clients this winter had to do all the testing that you were forced to do. We cant figure out why, but most of our clients didnt have to do anything. Hope you had a great trip.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (10gaugemag, 673, 79S, 450hunter, 21 invisible), 1,933 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,478
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.