Hop To
M
Mach3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Does it actually make a difference?

What do other owners of these great rifles have to say about it? What # does it break at now?

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Had one on an x bolt that I sold; works very well. Didn’t have a trigger pull weight but noticeably crisp and lighter.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve used M-Carbo springs in a few of my guns. They do help on the trigger pull, the decrease really depended on gun make from my experience.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I put one in several Hells Canyons and was able to adjust the triggers to just under 3 lbs, right to where I wanted them. I never tested them lower; but, I certainly didn't have to back them all the way out to get to that point. In just looking at "available threads" I speculate I should easily be able to hit 2 1/2 lbs if I wanted and maybe lower. Unlike many I did and do like the Browning factory trigger. The only problem I have experienced is the inability to get down to where I want to be on each Hells Canyon I had except one.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I replaced my x bolt trigger with a Timney. I highly reccomend that route.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Here's my response to another thread on the X-Bolt trigger and Mcarbo spring.

Originally Posted by Darryle
****Performing any modifications to your rifle may create an unsafe condition and are not recommended by me****

The ever so slightly longer spring on top is the MCarbo. Adjusted until the screw was a half a thread from falling out the lowest average was 2lbs 10oz.

The Yo Dave spring on the left set as per the instructions for the MCarbo yielded an average of 2lbs 6oz, same setting yielded an average pull of 2lbs 14.8oz with the MCarbo.

So, I thought, I have 2 springs and one gun, let's cut one up and see what happens.

I cut a full round off of the MCarbo, set it as per their instructions, average pull was 2lbs 10oz, backed out until just a half a thread was holding it averaged 2lbs 4oz.

Removed it 2 more times and trimmed a little off the last coil, reinstalled and tested, set per the instructions it yielded 2lbs 5oz with the first trim, second trim was pay dirt, 2lbs 0.1oz average over a ten pull test.

Reassembled and did a vigorous bump/drop test, to the point my buddy thought I was going to bust the stock, 10 bumps and then a pull test, 3 different times and the average pull was 2lbs 0oz, each pull test was exactly the same, which is surprising since they always vary 2-3oz.

So, I don't recommend that you or anyone else cut their spring, but you want as close to a 2 1/2lb trigger pull as possible, the Yo Dave spring is highly recommended.

Just a heads up, they ship Canadian post, you will not receive tracking information, it just shows up about 2 weeks later giver or take, it could have been in the mail box a few days.

If you are confident in your abilities, then you can modify your spring as you see fit, but order 2 of them for safe measure. Start small and trim small each subsequent time, and vigorously bump/drop test your rifle.

A 2lb flush X-Bolt trigger is a thing of beauty, rivaling the Tikka T3x trigger with an Ernie The Gunsmith Varmint spring.

Good luck and be safe!

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 16penny, 19 invisible), 1,423 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,665
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.