Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Because I know it is an ordinary event.

I have been watching the cartoon version of history, and I can see patterns.
https://www.youtube.com/c/KingsandGenerals/videos

History all over the world is consistent with the the violence specific to the bible

Jesus’ point seems to be that there always has been war.

“However, you must not let any living thing survive among the cities of these people the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance. You must completely destroy them – the Hethite, Amorite, Canaanite, Perizzite, Hivite, and Jebusite ….” (Deut. 20:16-18)

“Now go and attack the Amalekites and completely destroy everything they have. Do not spare them. Kill men and women, infants and nursing babies, oxen and sheep, camels and donkeys.” (1 Sam 15:3)

In prehistory, but in the DNA record, Yamnaya men with Copper weapons, 4500 years ago, with their horse and wagon [wheel technology] swept from Hungary through Europe and gave them exclusive access to all the local women.
I can imagine how they discouraged the local men.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The history of man, “wars & rumors of wars”

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
But,but, but.....the Dems told us war was obsolete! Borders are obsolete! We no longer need the "nation-state"! It's obsolete! The phuggers were wrong and we've known it all along. mad

Tarquin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There has been fighting going on in that part of the world for centuries. Nations have come and gone, boundaries and changed, and then changed again. Alliances have been formed, disbanded, and the formed again. It's really nothing new. Ukraine may indeed be corrupt and crooked, but the Russians are even worse and have been as long as there has been a Russia. This is a simple case of a dictator, Putin in this case, wanting to expand his holdings..................just as Stalin and Hitler did in that part of the world about 80 years or so ago.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I am glad you state that Putin is a dictator. Many on this forum don’t seem to see that.
If we had the ability to ask the Russian people about this invasion we would be told that most don’t want it, especially the young conscript soldiers and their families who were told they were going on maneuvers and found they are at war with a neighbor.
I see Ukraine as a very young democracy being invaded by one man Putin who wants to rebuild the Russia of Peter the Great, or worse, Lenin.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
I am glad you state that Putin is a dictator. Many on this forum don’t seem to see that.
If we had the ability to ask the Russian people about this invasion we would be told that most don’t want it, especially the young conscript soldiers and their families who were told they were going on maneuvers and found they are at war with a neighbor.
I see Ukraine as a very young democracy being invaded by one man Putin who wants to rebuild the Russia of Peter the Great, or worse, Lenin.

How dare you speak the truth!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You should be concerned about the Ukraine invasion.

Russia makes 80% of the worlds ammonium nitrate. Have you bought any fertilizer lately?

We were importing 650,000 gallons of oil a day from Russia. Well, now what? Buy it from the Arabs at an even higher price?

Russia and Ukraine produce as much wheat as all the rest of Europe and more than the US. How much are they going to charge now?

Russia and Ukraine produce most of the worlds titanium. Hmm, What are we going to protect our pilots with on their planes?

Ukraine alone is one of the top 10 producers of food and metals in about 40 different areas.

You think inflation is high now, what is going to happen when we can't get a lot of these things? Even higher inflation. Sure we have stuff here in the US, but most of our mining, drilling, producing, etc. has been shut down due to cheaper imported stuff. It will take a year or more to get our stuff back up and running.

ALL DUE TO BIDEN'S STUPID ACTIONS. Trump was brash and abrasive, and was all about himself, but he sure knew how to run the economy. Lowest unemployment since WWII. Fewer imports, more American made stuff. Fewer people on welfare and food stamps. Budget was headed to be balanced in his second term. No imported oil or natural gas. We exported natural gas to Europe so they wouldn't have to buy Russian.

Last edited by Dixie_Dude; 03/03/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My boss asked me why I've been late to work every day this week. I said I stand with Ukraine, therefore I will no longer be Russian to work.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No one has been distracted by fighting and killing in Ukraine for the past 8 years, as the Ukrainian government has been implementing a campaign against ethnic Russians, bombarding cities in Russian areas..... of course, if the "news" media doesn't report it, then it's not really happening, I guess.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Biden fixed our oil prices by cutting production. We’re now dependent on Russia. Rush used to say that land expansion has always been taken with the aggressive use of force. We’re seeing it today in Ukraine. Russia has always wanted to annex the land rich in minerals oil and agriculture.
Ukraine has been rife with corruption that Obama and Biden took advantage of. Hillary shook down just about every major nation on the planet for her gain.
Democrats and republicans in wash are corrupt and most of them are selling influence. They learned well from the leftist democrats.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
^^

I don't quite believe this. Ukraine has been free from communism since 1989. They all voted to be a separate country from Russia. They were fine until Putin started his crap. First by taking Crimea, then supplying "Russian rebels" in the two mostly Russian speaking areas. Other Russia speaking areas didn't have this problem. Even Russia speaking people wanted to stay in Ukraine with a slightly higher standard of living than Russia. You have been reading Russian propaganda. I know of missionaries why have been in Ukraine. They love their freedom from Russia and Russian communism. My wife's mother's side of the family is from Ukraine, and they all hate Russians.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Stophel
No one has been distracted by fighting and killing in Ukraine for the past 8 years, as the Ukrainian government has been implementing a campaign against ethnic Russians, bombarding cities in Russian areas..... of course, if the "news" media doesn't report it, then it's not really happening, I guess.

Russian areas? You mean Ukraine areas held by the rebels who were ethnic Russians?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I can think about more than 2 things at once.

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
GO TO 1:40 and hear Tulsi Gabbard explain how Ukraine is the bad guys.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by KyWindageII

Ukraine a democracy? That's a good one. Comparing Putin to Lenin now? Did you even know Ukraine existed a month ago? Who told the Russian soldiers they were going on training exercises and not entering Ukraine? Its that another Ghost of Kyiv fairytale repeating from the media?

Last edited by ribka; 03/03/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
^^

I don't quite believe this. Ukraine has been free from communism since 1989. They all voted to be a separate country from Russia. They were fine until Putin started his crap. First by taking Crimea, then supplying "Russian rebels" in the two mostly Russian speaking areas. Other Russia speaking areas didn't have this problem. Even Russia speaking people wanted to stay in Ukraine with a slightly higher standard of living than Russia. You have been reading Russian propaganda. I know of missionaries why have been in Ukraine. They love their freedom from Russia and Russian communism. My wife's mother's side of the family is from Ukraine, and they all hate Russians.

Ukraine has been slowly deteriorating since it gained its independence and has relied on Russia to support them. Ukraine does not have a higher standard of living than Russia. Russia has better standard by quite a bit over Ukraine. Higher salaries, better infrastructure, better education, much higher GDP, better public transportation, better housing etc. The wealth in Ukraine is mostly contained by a half dozen corrupt ogliarchs who fled the Ukraine with their families, friends, relatives 2 weeks before the incursion. They all fled avoiding even fighting for their country

What about the Ukraine NAZI Azov brigade? Support that too?

Last edited by ribka; 03/03/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 40 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,125
Posts18,483,808
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.