Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Me.

I will burn about 9k gallons this season. Big chunk of change compared to what we have been paying.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don’t deal with the public in my biz; I only work with other businesses. One of my customers does resell straight to the public. Another big one only sells to other businesses... point being... in the B-T-B world we are scrambling to raise prices as quickly as we can without killing demand. My material costs are skyrocketing; I simply have to raise the price on parts or I’m working too cheap. Then there’s just inflation in general. I gotta make more money, just to stay even.

These things take time. When Trump imposed tariffs on metals, my costs went up instantly. It took a year or so to gradually raise prices to compensate. Again... you can’t kill the golden goose- which is demand from the final consumers- which can happen if you raise prices too fast.

It sucks. It’s gonna get much worse, I’m afraid. We were already going to suffer some inflation from the actions of both Trump and Biden shoveling out pandemic money. Ukraine will make it that much worse. At some point, are people still gonna buy “stuff” they don’t actually need? One of my big customers provides parts and service for machines that are essentially hobbyist machines. I make a bunch of the parts, others are imported from Europe. I’m in direct competition with European machinists on these parts- ironically, mainly some dude in Poland. If he doesn’t raise his prices soon, I’m not sure what I’ll do. I expect he will. I don’t like making under $50/hr and some stuff I make is getting dang close due to metals skyrocketing. I just paid $238 for a length of bearing bronze that was $168 when I bought it last time a few months ago. I get 25 parts from the piece of material. Do the math... just from that, either me or my customer (both actually; we are splitting it for now) is making over $2 less per part. That’s about 4% of the retail price of the part- just from materials going up. I’ve been paying $168 for that bronze for years...

“May you live in interesting times”- old Chinese curse. They nailed it.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 03/06/22.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Pick-up trucks.

With $4 to $5 a gallon gas prices you'll se a lot of big gas and diesel guzzling 4x4's on the used car lot I'm guessing.

Last edited by shootbrownelk; 03/06/22.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I don’t deal with the public in my biz; I only work with other businesses. One of my customers does resell straight to the public. Another big one only sells to other businesses... point being... in the B-T-B world we are scrambling to raise prices as quickly as we can without killing demand. My material costs are skyrocketing; I simply have to raise the price on parts or I’m working too cheap. Then there’s just inflation in general. I gotta make more money, just to stay even.

These things take time. When Trump imposed tariffs on metals, my costs went up instantly. It took a year or so to gradually raise prices to compensate. Again... you can’t kill the golden goose- which is demand from the final consumers- which can happen if you raise prices too fast.

It sucks. It’s gonna get much worse, I’m afraid. We were already going to suffer some inflation from the actions of both Trump and Biden shoveling out pandemic money. Ukraine will make it that much worse. At some point, are people still gonna buy “stuff” they don’t actually need? One of my big customers provides parts and service for machines that are essentially hobbyist machines. I make a bunch of the parts, others are imported from Europe. I’m in direct competition with European machinists on these parts- ironically, mainly some dude in Poland. If he doesn’t raise his prices soon, I’m not sure what I’ll do. I expect he will. I don’t like making under $50/hr and some stuff I make is getting dang close due to metals skyrocketing. I just paid $238 for a length of bearing bronze that was $168 when I bought it last time a few months ago. I get 25 parts from the piece of material. Do the math... just from that, either me or my customer (both actually; we are splitting it for now) is making over $2 less per part. That’s about 4% of the retail price of the part- just from materials going up. I’ve been paying $168 for that bronze for years...

GFY!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Not Toyota’s. Just helped my kid buy a 2013 4x4 Taco. Insane prices.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Check

Check out metal and fuel prices since Biden took office. You are truly a dumb [bleep]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

GFY!

Nah, I have people for that. Lol

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Calvin
Me.

I will burn about 9k gallons this season. Big chunk of change compared to what we have been paying.

Even at a $2/gal increase that’s only $18k.

Buddy owns an excavation company. He’s burning an average of 7 gallons an hour on 30 pieces of equipment at 1500 hours a year, so 315,000 gallons a year. Figure at least $1.50/gal more since Let’s go Brandon took office.
$467,500 is a tough hit to profit margins.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Calvin
Me.

Even at a $2/gal increase that’s only $18k.

Buddy owns an excavation company. He’s burning an average of 7 gallons an hour on 30 pieces of equipment at 1500 hours a year, so 315,000 gallons a year. Figure at least $1.50/gal more since Let’s go Brandon took office.
$467,500 is a tough hit to profit margins.

I can’t remember what the price was last year. $3.50? Two years ago you felt like you were winning whenever you paid the fuel bill. That was stupid. 18k is still a few nice vacations for the wife and kids.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 10at6

Check

Check out metal and fuel prices since Biden took office. You are truly a dumb [bleep]

Can you not read? Are you just... stoopid?

I am intimately acquainted with both metal and fuel prices, TYVM. How about YOU check out what happened when Trump applied his tariffs. Get back to me on that one. Hint: prices went way up. And yep, metal has gone up under Biden. It was gonna anyway- anyone with a brain knew inflation was coming and was regardless of who won in 2020. As it turned out Biden won in the proverbial landslide and, here we are.

I’m not blaming Trump (other than the tariffs, which were retarded). We devalued our currency with all the pandemic money. It was that or crater the economy. That adult decision was made by both R’s and D’s. Now we are paying the piper. The Ukraine [bleep] is going to make it much worse. Is what it is. How about you act like an adult about it? Lol... like you even could do that.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by earlybrd
The real estate bubble pop will look like a atomic bomb compared to 2008

This isn’t 2008. If the housing market crashes beyond isolated urban pockets that sane people are fleeing, then the broader economy is fugked.
There is no inventory of homes for sale or rentals in our area and city slickers are flooding in.

Luxury items will be first. Then the automobile market, then anything that’s not necessary to live. Most peoples budgets are barely going to allow housing, food and fuel by Summer and Fall will be worse.
If you’re not prepared or preparing you should be.

For sure lots of people from high rent areas and COVID lockdowns moved out the rental industry is booming locally can’t build apartment buildings fast enough but the folks buying the $500k houses worth $200k is where it will pop

The problem is, those $500k houses aren’t worth $200k anymore. Inflation isn’t transitory. If I had to guess, that $500k is going to look like a bargain by this time next year. Burger flippers making $15/hr can now afford $1000/mo rent instead of the $450 they could afford last year when they were making $8.50/hr. Welcome to the new normal. Low interest debt is the smartest play right now.

Bingo.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A tenant's hope to ever own a home.

As everything is at least 25% more expensive now, we will be raising all rents accordingly. Also will be raising rates and fuel surcharges for all customers as well.

The people that lose the most, voted for it to begin with.

Ironic.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No worries as another round of stimulus checks are coming by mid summer.

Terryk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
When President Trump left, national average for gas was 2.39. Gas here is 4.19, that is a 75% increase. So it was not 3.50............

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Pick-up trucks.

With $4 to $5 a gallon gas prices you'll se a lot of big gas and diesel guzzling 4x4's on the used car lot I'm guessing.

I hope so. I need a few right now. I’d take a 450/4500 crew cab diesel dually 4wd with a steel flatbed with under 100k miles right now.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
"What dies in this economy?"

Hopefully Biden voters, slowly and painfully.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

GFY!

Nah, I have people for that. Lol

Homosexuals, no doubt.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kingston has a pic of JeffOs lover.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by EdM
The real estate bubble pop will look like a atomic bomb compared to 2008

This isn’t 2008. If the housing market crashes beyond isolated urban pockets that sane people are fleeing, then the broader economy is fugked.
There is no inventory of homes for sale or rentals in our area and city slickers are flooding in.

Luxury items will be first. Then the automobile market, then anything that’s not necessary to live. Most peoples budgets are barely going to allow housing, food and fuel by Summer and Fall will be worse.
If you’re not prepared or preparing you should be.

For sure lots of people from high rent areas and COVID lockdowns moved out the rental industry is booming locally can’t build apartment buildings fast enough but the folks buying the $500k houses worth $200k is where it will pop

The problem is, those $500k houses aren’t worth $200k anymore. Inflation isn’t transitory. If I had to guess, that $500k is going to look like a bargain by this time next year. Burger flippers making $15/hr can now afford $1000/mo rent instead of the $450 they could afford last year when they were making $8.50/hr. Welcome to the new normal. Low interest debt is the smartest play right now.

Bingo.

if you dont lose your job in a recession.....low interest...still have to service the debt...bob

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
In the world economy Europe is headed for full recession soon.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

321 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,647
Posts18,512,558
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.