Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Sounds like you got a great deal considering the current market. I'd take delivery and if you don't want it, sell it fir 5k-10k more than you paid.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I bought 2 new ones last July, got decent discounts (GM Supplier on my Sierra and X-Plan on wifes Explorer) and some rebates. Got almost what I paid on a ‘19 F150 I traded in. Kinda thought I was stupid at the time, but glad I did it when I did.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We bought a new Ford explorer for the wife back on new years eve. Ended up paying 2k under sticker, which I thought was still high, but it was the color she wanted and had all the options she wanted. They had a $2500 adjusted market price sticker above the original sticker price, told them that wasn't going to happen. They wanted to make a sale on the last day of the month so we came home with it.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by jackmountain
At the very least, take delivery and sell for a profit.
JFC…..
Bought the wife a land cruiser last March. We could sell it now for minimum $15-$20k profit. We’re living in a cartoon world.

Yep, that's an option.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been looking at getting a new bicycle.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Teal
I've been shopping but not serious.

Have a feeling I'll end up Tacoma or Tundra with Silverado 3rd.

If it gets as bad as people think - cash will be useless, think Weimar Republic. EVERYONE will be defaulted on stuff - if everyone's effed, then we're all equal.

I expect the .gov will simply end up confiscating 401k's to keep things going. A revolution isn't gonna return the US to anything. It will be USA 2.0 or nothing. Either way you're not getting your $ back.

It's gonna be miserable, may as well be miserable in heated leather seats...

Do you really believe all that you wrote?

Ed, as far as 401k plans go we might all want to look at what was done in The Netherlands by their government.

I can actually see some wisdom in Teals leather seats comments. Just before Y2k I had a friend tell me I needed to hurry and get out of debt before y2k hit. I asked why and he said because the banks and everything are going to get wiped out. I said if that's true I'd much prefer my debt being wiped out than my savings. He paused for a minute and said I hadn't thought about it like that, you're right.

In crazy times possession will be a large part of the law.

Bb

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Last ice event my old bomber jeep.had vent stuck at heater, not defrost. Took me 30 mins to get windshield clear.

17 mpg on highway. 5.2L w 3.73 gears.
Gas going up.....looking for better mpg.

Looked at a couple used toaster jeeps (Renegade).
Price was high, for the miles. No deals.

So went to order a 2022. Wouldnt be here til August and no deal. Also could not get the color I wanted ( not avail in US ). So built one in my 2nd color. Got the price ( Limited, not Trailhawk ).

Salesguy said he had that color in a new 2021 w everything. And had a couple K rebate.

Used 4 yrs old w 30 k and lesser trim vs new was 5k diff.
YGBFKM.

Bought it.

The used one was sold 2 days later

Might as well buy new w full warranty for such low diff IMHO

Last edited by hookeye; 03/09/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We bought a new Tacoma 4x4 back in 2017. Have just over 30,000 miles on it. Dealer keeps asking if we want to sell. says we can probably get more than we paid for it. We bought a new 2021 Tacoma Sport last year on Jan 1st. before the craziness hit. Got a great deal. We don't drive it much. Had it for 14 months and only have about 4,000 miles on it. Saw a used one a couple of weeks ago that looked just like our 2021. Pretty much same equipment. It was a 2017 and they wanted 10,000 more than what we paid for ours new. It was only there about a week and it sold

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I might pay my toaster off early.
Dunno yet
Like to have that cash for when things get bad and deals can be had.
Fam wants a small fishing boat....and i cant tow it w toaster.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The 2008 Tundra I am driving now was bought in January 2009 after the 2008 crash. Nobody was buying vehicles and I walked into the dealership with a check in hand and got a great deal on the truck. My only concern at that time was if the dealership filed for bankruptcy after cashing the check but before I got my MSO, which didn't happen. I'd like to get a newer vehicle now "just because," but I am going to sit tight and see what develops when things tighten up. I think a lot of people right now are suffering from a combination of FOMO due to inflation and YOLO because of the last two years of politics, shutdowns and, now, international tension. We'll see. If the country turns into Cuba and we have to use the same cars for 60 years, my Tundra is probably better than the new stuff anyway.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

I can actually see some wisdom in Teals leather seats comments. Just before Y2k I had a friend tell me I needed to hurry and get out of debt before y2k hit. I asked why and he said because the banks and everything are going to get wiped out. I said if that's true I'd much prefer my debt being wiped out than my savings. He paused for a minute and said I hadn't thought about it like that, you're right.

In crazy times possession will be a large part of the law.

Bb

I think people are scared right now. WW3, fuel, home economy, jobs etc. I'm just taking more of an EOD mindset. Guy diffusing a bomb. Either he does it okay or it goes off. Either way, it's not his problem anymore.

Things will either end up okay or they'll be so bad it won't matter. I don't think there's a real "in between" on this one. There's no "sorta pregnant" - we're fine or the economic crash/US crash is so bad, it simply will not matter if you bought a new 50k rig or didn't and "saved" that money. It's gone and we're all in the same boat regardless of how your individual balance sheet looked before the balloon went up.

Me

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I am going to try to trade today. There is a GMC in SE MO I want. Will just have to see what they offer for my 15 Silverado. Used trucks are selling for more than they should as well.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I am going to try to trade today. There is a GMC in SE MO I want. Will just have to see what they offer for my 15 Silverado. Used trucks are selling for more than they should as well.

I dont know if I'd do it, they are having too many lifter issues with the 5.3 and 6.2 engines, I'm hearing good things about the 3.0 diesel though. Even the dealership advised putting an afm shutoff on my 5.3. I'll wait until warranty is out before I do that though.

Last edited by killerv; 03/10/22.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I"m driving a 1998 4Runner with 198K on the odometer. It's still in great shape but I was planning on getting a 2023 when Toyota is supposed to update the 4 Runner. Those plans are now on hold. I have no idea when they will be available. I've also seen some reports that Toyota is going to go with a 4 cylinder turbocharged engine in 2023. That's a big turn off for me. Price gouging by the dealers is also a big concern.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by killerv

I dont know if I'd do it, they are having too many lifter issues with the 5.3 and 6.2 engines, I'm hearing good things about the 3.0 diesel though. Even the dealership advised putting an afm shutoff on my 5.3. I'll wait until warranty is out before I do that though.

I've seen a few of those small D-max's advertised at local dealers. Mostly ignored it. Decent? Enough to move a 1/2 ton with some authority?

Me

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I bought a 2019 trailhawk, only had 15,300 miles on it, traded in my wrangler 2013, needed tires ,bare bones got a grand more than I paid for it 4 years ago. I think I did ok, better gas mileage, and all about new.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Momma needs a new one, gonna wait for the market to crash, then we'll go shopping.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by killerv

I've seen a few of those small D-max's advertised at local dealers. Mostly ignored it. Decent? Enough to move a 1/2 ton with some authority?

everyone is loving them and reporting good things, and great gas mileage. I hear they are going to discontinue it in the next year or two though.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Finally saw a new Tundra yesterday, hideous, curious if they improved the gas mileage on them though. I believe no more V8s are being offered.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Just bought "The Warden" a new Explorer.
Her old GMC 2500 was just plain wore out. Not much choice.
So far, she LOVES it - and I haven't had to pay a repair bill, yet - so I'm happy.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (06hunter59, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,292 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,679
Posts18,513,358
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.