Hop To
#17047297 03/10/22
T
tcb22 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I have been cleaning out my garage and came across a bunch of comic books from my younger days. Were and what is the best way to turn them into dollars.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U sell them all to me a a set price ..I read them all then.. we,I ...turn them in to my comis guy in town and he does all the work... I don't know much about them other than I read the heck out of them back in the day .... get this... I read a micky mouse in the 70s that was from the 50s. It was one of those ....one or two or three three part....storys ,well the story ended and I didn't get the next comic because it was well it was 10 years before I was born !!!........ went on a website somewhere in the UK in the 2002 are.... they were talking all about old comics t from Disney ..... I described the story and I'll be damned if a guy didn't tell me that the number of the comic ...when it was done ....and all that.... I found all issues at
someplace in New York or something and I bought it I got those three comics in a vanilla envelope in a safe !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I am a fan of $coorge McDuck, Carl Barks in particular. If you have any of those, please send me some pictures,

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
i have over 20,000 sports cards.
baseball and football are from the late 60s and 70s mostly.
basketball from the early 90s. hate NBA, but got 1000s of cards for free.

would love to sell them all. kids will not want them. I don't look at them . I don't even watch sports anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I am a fan of $coorge McDuck, Carl Barks in particular. If you have any of those, please send me some pictures,

Me to and the 3 lillte guys l h d

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I learned to read from comic books.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was a kid my brother and I loved comic books. They cost 10¢ at that time, during and right after WW II and into the early 1950s. We bought so many we put them in boxes in our bedroom closet. We traded comics with our friends. Name it, we had it. Superman, Batman, Captain Marvel, Green Hornet, Wonder Woman, Golden Arrow, Red Ryder, The Lone Ranger, Mickey Mouse, Popeye, and others.

The two local drug stores had magazine racks and that's where we bought our comic books. I remember a day in the early 1950s I was in the drug store perusing the comic books when I saw a new one. One I'd never seen before or heard of. Even the cover was different and intriguing. I picked it up and started turning pages. I'd never seen any comic book like it and I started laughing at every page. I bought it, took it home, laughed continuously as I read it, gave it to my brother and he laughed as hard as I did. Thereafter, every month, I made sure to buy a copy when it hit the magazine rack at the drug store, I have no idea how many I accumulated but bought them until I went to college.

That comic book was titled Mad Magazine. The first copy I bought was the first edition of Mag Magazine and over the years, I bought each monthly copy.

My brother went away to college and I followed two years later. Then we both graduated and did our Army time. While we were away from home, my mother and dad sold the house and moved to Little Rock, Ark. They bought a house. After about a year my mother did not care for the first house so they sold it and bought another in Little Rock. Because of our college and Army service, neither my brother nor I was at home during any of the moves. Too many things going on for us to be concerned with comic books.

One day when I was home after college and Army, I began thinking of all our old comics books, I asked my mother where the comic books boxes were? My mom replied, "Oh, those old things. When we moved, I couldn't see any sense in taking them with us so I tossed them in the trash."

"You what??!!"

My mom said, "I didn't think you'd want them. They'd been just taking up space for ten or twelve years, collecting dust . Besides, they were just a bunch of old comic books. "

Later I saw where comic book collectors were paying big bucks for many of those in my collection. That was the end of my comic book addiction. Never bought another one. cry

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
i remember a comic book called "Plop" by DC comics back in the 70s, very strange comic book......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea, I had a bunch of gun boxes up in the attic. My mom burned them thinking they were in the way. GGggggrrrr !

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
T
tcb22 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
thanks for al the thoughts! I have a bunch of Uncle Scrooge, Donald Duck, pink panther, Tom and Jerry and Archie. Might just try and trade them off

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't really where or how to sell them.

The only one i have is the one that tells the Pope's life story from years ago.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Several years ago, my wife put her old comics on ebay. One of them brought a bit over $900.
RB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RupertBear
Several years ago, my wife put her old comics on ebay. One of them brought a bit over $900.
RB

I've often wondered what my original first edition of Mad Magazine would be worth to a comic books collector? But alas, my mom tossed it and all the others when she and my dad moved.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My brother collects them. my old lady has a few really old ones.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 1,623 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.