-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For a non-cellular camera, I like the $110 Brownings.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Tactacam Reveal

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We are using SpyPoint Cellular cameras in South Texas. Handy since I split time between there and DFW area. For the most part they are reliable. Cell service can be spotty at times so batteries can drain as the camera will continue to try to send pictures until the battery dies or cell service will allow. Solar charging and external antennas have helped in a lot of cases. You can get these as one unit that is camera, cell device, and solar in one unit or there is also a universal cell link that will adapt to most all brands of cameras. We use both with decent success.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Traveler52
On the cellular camera's what the monthly fee to ATT or Verizon?

I was paying $5/ month/ camera and that's for several hundred photos per month. I felt no need for unlimited photos.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I use to only buy Covert Camera's, but the last few years they would mess up right after the warranty expired. I have five Coverts I use as dummy security cameras on my land since they broke. Their service went down hill when they sold the company a few years back.

I have been using a mixture of Wildgame that can be bought for around $40 either after season or on sale at Rural King. They work very well as long as you format the SD card before reusing it. Some of my Wildgame are over 5 years old. They are holding up much better than the Covert cams.

I also have three of the Cuddeback cameras and they take great pictures and are the easiest to use. I got my Cuddeback's for around $60 on a sale a Cabela's three years ago.

I did pick up a pair of Stealth game camera's and they take really good photos and one will record sound on video. Stealth cams are a little bit of a pain to set up. Cell coverage in my area blows so I don't have any cellular cams.

I just ordered a Bushnell Prime Low Glow cam from Rogers for $30 to see how it does. I like to run a bunch of camera's so price is important to me. Going to try it out for a little Turkey Scouting.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/bushnell-prime-l20-low-glow-tan

he Bushnell Prime L20 isn’t about getting by or cutting corners, it’s about loading every bit of Bushnell’s proven performance, image quality, and reliability into a trail camera every hunter can count on in the field at a price that’s easy on the budget.
SALE>>> $29.99 vs. $99.99

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Birddogcatfish
Make sure you get the proper SD card the manufacture recommends.

Very important. The card is the “engine” that makes the camera work.
I’m closing in on a year with 6 Tactacam RevealX in the field. Deployed another today and have another on the shelf to deploy next month.
Overall I’m satisfied with them. Did have to send one back for warranty replacement and received a new camera within 2 weeks or so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About the only recommendation I will make is on the SD CARD front- I MUCH prefer SD (postage stamp size) to those frigging tiny Micro SD ones. The micros are harder to put in and take out and a lot easier to lose if it falls from your hand or pocket .

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have had great Luck with browning cameras.I purchased 5 units about 6 years ago they still function fine.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have 3 Stealthcam and 2 Reconyx cell. Hands down on the Reconyx. When they say “see what you have been missing” that is a true statement.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Definitely go black flash no matter what brand you get IMO. I really like the Tactacam cell cameras and the Browning cameras are great as well

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
I have 3 Stealthcam and 2 Reconyx cell. Hands down on the Reconyx. When they say “see what you have been missing” that is a true statement.
+1 On the Reconyx Cell cams they have no peer I have 11 of them

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'm not into expensive cams now that cheap ones are ok. Especially since most of mine are on public land. Best cam I've had was a cheaper Browning. The last 3 years or so it's stayed out all year and keeps taking pics until the card is full. Probably had it 5 or 6 years. Takes great pics and still does what it's supposed to do. I just change the batteries about once a year. Best deal on cheap cams is the Walmart Tasco for less than $30. I'm running probably 15 of them. If I have a problem, I just take it back to WM and get a new one.

It might be lonely at the top, but it's a bitch at the bottom.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (358wsm, 338Rules, 10gaugemag, 257wthbylover, 907brass, 19 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,676
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.