Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 57 58
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
I'm white, Southern, conservative, Christian, and a veteran of long-served military service - I say that only because my comments are intended for many of you who claim to be the same as me. I think a lot of folks on here take advantage of free speech and subject it to the most distasteful ends possible. While I fully support and have fought for your right to do so, I certainly don't agree with all that you say and especially your attempts to put your spin of bigotry and racism on every post that appears on The Campfire. On the various other technical forums, you hijack posts with personal attacks because you disagree with someone else’s viewpoint, or because you believe that their gender or ethnicity makes their opinion unworthy. Because you get away with it, because you get few if any dissenting responses, you assume that your rhetoric is superior and your behavior is acceptable - the truth is that most on here just don’t want to stoop to your level.

Furthermore, I firmly believe that the original intent of The Campfire was to serve as an online community for the exchange of knowledge and ideas for those of us who lived the outdoor shooting and hunting lifestyle - maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think it was intended to be an outhouse for those of you with extremist views to take a political dump anytime and anywhere. The problem I have is also personal: I have daughters - one of whom likes to hunt and shoot when she can - and also grandchildren, boys and girls. You have made this sight unsuitable for them and quite frankly, I don’t think it is your right to do so. Where I come from the term ‘gentleman’ still means something. If you’re not sure what that is, a simple definition means behaving the same way you would in front of your mother. Some of you certainly don’t qualify or don’t care and that’s certainly your business; but by common association on the campfire, you give the rest of us a bad name and that’s my business. Because you scream the most and the loudest, doesn’t mean that you’re right - it just means you’re intellectually obnoxious . . . and sure as hell, it means The Campfire is dying within.

Last edited by Offshoreman; 03/12/22.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Oh my.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
I'm white, Southern, conservative, Christian, and a veteran of long-served military service but I think a lot of folks on here take free speech to the most distasteful limits possible. While I fully support and have fought for your right to do so, I certainly don't agree with all that you say and especially your attempts to put your spin of bigotry and racism on every post that appears on The Campfire. On the various other technical forums, you hijack posts with personal attacks because you disagree with someone else’s viewpoint, or because you believe that their gender or ethnicity makes their opinion unworthy. Because you get away with it, because you get few if any dissenting responses, you assume that your rhetoric is superior and your behavior is acceptable - the truth is that most on here just don’t want to stoop to your level.

Furthermore, I firmly believe that the original intent of The Campfire was to serve as an online community for the exchange of knowledge and ideas for those of us who lived the outdoor shooting and hunting lifestyle - maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think it was intended to be an outhouse for those of you with extremist views to take a political dump anytime and anywhere. The problem I have is also personal: I have daughters - one of whom likes to hunt and shoot when she can - and also grandchildren, boys and girls. You have made this sight unsuitable for them and quite frankly, I don’t think it is your right to do so. Where I come from the term ‘gentleman’ still means something. If you’re not sure what that is, a simple definition means behaving the same way you would in front of your mother. Some of you certainly don’t qualify or don’t care and that’s certainly your business; but by common association on the campfire, you give the rest of us a bad name and that’s my business. Because you scream the most and the loudest, doesn’t mean that you’re right - it just means you’re intellectually obnoxious . . . and sure as hell, it means The Campfire is dying within.

It helps if you've spent enough time to know what is satire and intentionally poking fun at idiots and what is sincere beliefs. Good/bad whatever, that's point one.
Point two, I highlighted in your post.
Point three, while retardation has certainly spread, this place has been contentious from at least when I signed on. It's a sign of the times, look at the country. The 'fire is but a microcosm.
Point four, you still have the ability to scroll past topics and posts that you don't like.
Point five, there are a lot of subforums here that stay on topic and remain largely polite and respectful.

MAGA
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It may be transforming... but it is NOT DYING.

It is the ONLY forum with OPEN SPEECH.

Stupid chit gets corrected CONSTANTLY...

Name any other site in the world where a moron can say something stupid and it stands... then gets loved or hated, but NOT TAKEN DOWN.

24HC is the very epitome of 1A in America (NO OTHER SITE IS LIKE THAT).

Bravo to Ric Bin (the owner). Bravo!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Spot on

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Cabin fever time again. Hang on, spring is almost here…

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
^^^^^

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
To the OP I’m pretty new here and my observation is if your children or grandchildren would like to use the site they will do fine if they stay in specific forum rooms and away from this general habidashery room?
Meant with sincerity, I hope they come and enjoy.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Life changes!

Old Timers are Leaving us.

Opinions Change as people in General are changing, and not necessarily for the better.

We've lowered OUR Standards in this Country, due to many Factors, and Past Governmental Changes!

I'm still Fairly new to the Forum, compared to most, but I do Enjoy it, and many sections of it.

The Old Time Ways re still the Best and the Old Time Values!

Stay Strong!!!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm white, Southern, conservative, Christian, and a veteran of long-served military service - I say that only because my comments are intended for many of you who claim to be the same as me. I think a lot of folks on here take advantage of free speech and subject it to the most distasteful ends possible. While I fully support and have fought for your right to do so, I certainly don't agree with all that you say and especially your attempts to put your spin of bigotry and racism on every post that appears on The Campfire. On the various other technical forums, you hijack posts with personal attacks because you disagree with someone else’s viewpoint, or because you believe that their gender or ethnicity makes their opinion unworthy. Because you get away with it, because you get few if any dissenting responses, you assume that your rhetoric is superior and your behavior is acceptable - the truth is that most on here just don’t want to stoop to your level.

They aren't going to treat you well for this one. This place is the toilet of the internet.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hunters campfire has been a chittshow for a long time.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I also see a positive view things when possible...

I guess what I am saying is post up some positive energy stuff and pictures (how to clean a suppressor, pictures of "Your People" that you love/where you live, how to cook a strange fish (Jurel)). That kind of thing.

Many many people consume from others... some give back... some do not.

Fireballz put up a gardening idea he had just last week... while I don't understand it... I still respect his effort in the work and his generosity in sharing it with a wider audience.

To quote Attila the Hun... "Be the change that you hope to see in the world."

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing
It may be transforming... but it is NOT DYING.

It is the ONLY forum with OPEN SPEECH.

Stupid chit gets corrected CONSTANTLY...

Name any other site in the world where a moron can say something stupid and it stands... then gets loved or hated, but NOT TAKEN DOWN.

24HC is the very epitome of 1A in America (NO OTHER SITE IS LIKE THAT).

Bravo to Ric Bin (the owner). Bravo!

It's the only one I know of, and grateful for it. Hope it stays this way

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I like the free speech aspect. But just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.

And yes, I'm guilty of it too.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
If you came here for anything other than entertainment, you will be biggly disappointed.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
#subforums

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The 24 HC ain’t dying. It is the 1st Amendment that’s dying. If the OP can’t stand the heat, then get out of the damn kitchen.

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1234, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,103 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,014
Posts18,481,586
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.