Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Waders Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a Sig Sauer P320 AXG LE awhile back. It was already cut for a red dot sight but came equipped with standard height iron sights. I sent the slide back to Sig and paid them to sell me and install suppressor height night sights. They were pleasant to do business with and got my slide back to me quickly, sights installed. The total bill was about $150. This was mid December of 2021.

In January 2022, after about 200-250 total rounds, my rear sight was loose. I was trying to assess what was wrong and jiggled it; it slid off into my hand. Ooops. I called Sig and reported the issue. They were again very pleasant, made no excuses, took full responsibility for the problem, and sent me a shipping label. I had to remove my Leupold DeltaPoint Pro, box up the slide, and mail it to them. Again, they turned it round in short order. This was near the the end of January or early February 2022.

Fast forward to this morning--after getting home from the range, I was cleaning the glass on my red dot. I was aiming it on something in the house when I noticed the rear sight looked off-center. I wiggled it with my finger, and it slid off into my hand. Arghhh. I have probably shot less than 225 rounds through it since the first repair. So, Monday, I get to call Sig again and make arrangements for it to go back again.

A quick Google search has revealed that loose rear sights is not a new issue for Sig. People have been posting about it for several years. I am making this post simply to help document that the problem is is ongoing in the hope that Sig will eventually become embarrassed enough to properly resolve the issue. It doesn't seem like it'd be a difficult fix, and it would save consumers from having to pull red dots, box stuff up and make the trip to the FedEx store and stand in line on their lunch hours. But, I'm thankful that Sig has been cooperative and not given me grief about it. Hopefully that will still be the case when I call on Monday.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
GB1

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Why don't you fix it yourself?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have had more problems with Sig pistols than with those of any other manufacturer. Their turnaround time is really fast, and they pay for shipping both ways nowadays, but it is annoying to have to send things back.

The first gun I can recall selling was a P220 in .45 ACP that I bought in the late 1980s. It jammed on hardball. I sent it off to an authorized warranty company and added night sights. The night sights walked out. I sent it down the road at a really discounted price with full disclosure.

I bought a P938 as soon as soon as they were introduced, and mine had a 3 digit serial number. After the second trip to Sig, they sent me a new gun, which did not malfunction before I traded it.

I bought a .22 LR conversion kit for the P938, and it was finicky. I got rid of it.

I bought my P365 about 10 months after they were introduced, after they, allegedly, had fixed all the growing pains. My front night sight died. They paid for the return of the slide and fixed it quickly. No problems since, with about another 5000 rounds through it.

I bought a P365 XL and had some light strike failures to fire early on. Sig paid for the return and replaced a bunch of parts. No problems since, with about another 4000 rounds through it.

The only Sig pistols that have never given me any problems were a P229 DAK in .40, a P239 SAS in .40, that I bought for my wife, and a P238. The P239 hasn't been shot much because my wife isn't into handguns (although it looks like it was carried by a police officer for 20 years).

My wife does hunt with a Sauer 202 in 6.5X55. That thing is a tank, is accurate, and has never let her down.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don’t want to sound too jaded but I agree with DLA - why not fix it yourself? Any sight within a dovetail works on an interference fit. Disrupting the metal on the sight is easier and cheaper than working on the slide in case you fubar it. Simply take the offending loose sight (removed from slide) and hold firmly in a vice. Take a nice pointed punch and “peen” one side of the dovetail with a punch mark. You need to move the metal. Install on slide by pushing / tapping it back into dovetail with a brass punch. It ain’t rocket science.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If Vortex made a gun.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,763
Posts18,515,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.