Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Peddler
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No...it's pretty much luck.

Parents have some to do with it.....but not nearly as much as we would like to believe.

This is the dumbest thing I've read on the forum in days.

You would be wrong.... Conrad is correct.... it's that free will thing God gave us

I think you missed the point. We all have free will and these folks are responsible for the decisions they make. But the probability of a person making a stupid decision depends significantly on their upbringing.

I have seen enough very good parents have a good kid and a bad kid... raised in the same house, same rules... I always feel bad for the good parents with a bad kid.
That being said bad parents stand a damn good chance of having all bad kids, a kid that rises above a bad household is rare indeed

Understand. That's why I used the term probability. The odds are still significantly better with a good upbringing, even though there can be outliers.

Outliers??

Hell. Prevalent...not outliers.

For some reason, the devil seems to win.
More bad kids from good homes than the opposite.

How often do you ever see a bad kid running with a good one,
And the bad kid turns good?
Just don't happen that way.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by 700LH
Just rejoice in knowing the drug war and all those Gooberment laws and ajencys using billions in tax dollars that keep us all safe protected those boys from worse harm

Yeah, it's the government's fault they did drugs when they weren't supposed to.

Twice you quoted me with apparently not a clue what was said.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So who’s the unnamed female, and were they snorting coke off her ass? I might have fallen for that kind of peer pressure.

Last edited by Stammster; 03/13/22.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I knew a fair number of kids who were raised in a very, very strict household...often a very religious household (Mormons, mainly). Once they were on their own, and finally could be a bit wild as a kid is often meant to be, they went a bit too wild. Several got alcohol poisoning and a few died. They were just kids being kids. I always stayed out of the hard-core drugs but was friends with many, many from "perfect" households who did not.

I had a wild streak myself and had parents that allowed it---to an extent---which got it out of my system early. I was the kid sneaking beer into JR High and drinking it between classes. By the time I was 21 I was often a DD, by choice. I truly believe having a somewhat undisciplined childhood is a good thing, for a lot of personality types at least.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Just rejoice in knowing the drug war and all those Gooberment laws and ajencys using billions in tax dollars that keep us all safe protected those boys from worse harm

Yeah, it's the government's fault they did drugs when they weren't supposed to.

Twice you quoted me with apparently not a clue what was said.

Everyone on here knows what a brave anti government warrior you are.
Returning shopping carts at Walmart parking lot is rife with risks. lol

Every been out of the county you were born in rural Idaho? Guessing not

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
- - - - - - - You want to destroy their careers over this? Drugs are not exactly unknown in the military. Two of my best friends from high school, Greg D. and Phil P., joined the Marines in 1967 so that they could fight for their country in Vietnam. Phil and Greg had never even smoked a joint before they joined the Marines. They told me that they could buy a "ball" of heroin, the size of a golf ball, from an 8 year old kid on the streets of Saigon, for 5 bucks. They both came back from the 'Nam heroin addicts. Sticking that needle into the veins on their arms. By Christmas of 1970, Phil was dead of a heroin overdose. Greg survived for some years, but he was still ruined from his years as a warrior in the Marines.

OK - do I want our West Point grads and Army officers to be as you state: "Sticking that needle into the veins on their arms. By Christmas of 1970, Phil was dead of a heroin overdose. Greg survived for some years, but he was still ruined from his years as a warrior in the Marines."

When it comes to leadership, high standards and self-discipline matter a lot. Fools and weak-willed druggies destroy their own careers - even with fentanyl on spring break - and since taxpayes are footing the bill for their "leadership" training, end the charade now.

Last edited by CCCC; 03/14/22.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
On the counterpoint side, one of my cousins and his best friend both signed up for the Marines right out of high school, mid 1960’s, wanting to go to Vietnam. This was the NY suburbs but you’d call these guys Rednecks - hunting, guns, drinking. Their idea of a prank in high school was putting on white hoods and driving through a Black neighborhood.

As infantry both saw combat in Vietnam, came home, married and went on to lead productive lives. The best friend married my cousin’s sister so we’re still in touch. My cousin years later became more troubled by the memories, still is, nary a hint of drug use around either one though.

Both had a son who later enlisted the Military; in the Air Force, they did everything they could to keep their sons from opting for a direct combat MOS.

As for those Cadets, if they had gotten drunk and unintentionally killed someone with a vehicle, their Military careers would be over. As it was they mostly hurt themselves but still the same kind of deal; a stupid mistake with life-changing consequences.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can bet there will be hell to pay when the cadets get back to West Point after the break. The Point is not going to let this learning experience pass without something being said. I'm betting all of the academies will be using this as a training point.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Well, they WERE West Point cadets. They would have eventually popped positive on a urinalysis. A RIO that flew with me at times “popped” shortly into a six month deployment and he wqs off the ship within a few days.

When I was a cadet, they didn't do regular drug testing.

Must be an Army thing. When we started getting serious about getting rid of drugs in the Navy (after the 1981 NIMITZ flight deck accident) we were pretty aggressive with drug testing across the board. As a LT, I was in charge of that program in my first squadron and we put A LOT of dopers out. This was circa 1982-85. By the late 80s, positives had all but disappeared. We did have a small resurgence with newer drugs in in the early 2000s, but by the time I retired in 08, again drug use was negligible . These cadets should be dismissed with at least an OTH discharge.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Well, they WERE West Point cadets. They would have eventually popped positive on a urinalysis. A RIO that flew with me at times “popped” shortly into a six month deployment and he wqs off the ship within a few days.

Must be an Army thing. When we started getting serious about getting rid of drugs in the Navy (after the 1981 NIMITZ flight deck accident) we were pretty aggressive with drug testing across the board. As a LT, I was in charge of that program in my first squadron and we put A LOT of dopers out. This was circa 1982-85. By the late 80s, positives had all but disappeared. We did have a small resurgence with newer drugs in in the early 2000s, but by the time I retired in 08, again drug use was negligible . These cadets should be dismissed with at least an OTH discharge.

I think your timing is about right. I remember late '81 as the first checks for drugs, with absolutely nothing before then. We were transitting from Portsmouth NSY to Charleston and had to divert into New London so we could stand on the pier while they ran dogs through the boat. Piss tests began shortly thereafter. I may be wrong but that's how I remember it.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RufusG

I think your timing is about right. I remember late '81 as the first checks for drugs, with absolutely nothing before then. We were transitting from Portsmouth NSY to Charleston and had to divert into New London so we could stand on the pier while they ran dogs through the boat. Piss tests began shortly thereafter. I may be wrong but that's how I remember it.

Agree with your timeline. When the program first got underway thanks to President Reagan, you used to get one chance. Fortunately this went away quickly and one strike and you're rightfully OUT with an OTH. fugg em'

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kwg020
You can bet there will be hell to pay when the cadets get back to West Point after the break. The Point is not going to let this learning experience pass without something being said. I'm betting all of the academies will be using this as a training point.

kwg

Strangely, still not identified. If they were white, they'd have already been vilified.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Times have changed. You should hear the stories of my buddy in NCIS. The Navy, like the army, is a huge clown show now. No discipline. Standards have been lowered so severely that all our armed forces have been compromised. Thank Godd the standards went so low that beta clowns like 700H still get can't accepted lol

Last edited by ribka; 03/14/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
[

Times have changed. You should hear the stories of my buddy in NCIS. The Navy, like the army, is a huge clown show now. No discipline. Standards have been lowered so severely that all our armed forces have been compromised. Thank Godd the standards went so low that beta clowns like 700H still get can't accepted lol

I see it every day. In order for females to survive, the first thing that went was discipline, followed by lower standards all across the board and the nail in the coffin was legalizing f aggotry and of course, the Flag/General Officers in place today are all obama era promotes...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ribka
[

I see it every day. In order for females to survive, the first thing that went was discipline, followed by lower standards all across the board and the nail in the coffin was legalizing f aggotry and of course, the Flag/General Officers in place today are all obama era promotes...

When they ended don't ask dont tell ,agreed was the last nail in the coffin I tell anyone interested in the military now, just join the air force guard or reserves and get the education bennies.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's comical when someone who spends his day with a computer mouse in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other hand offers "expert" opinions concerning parents not having any control over what their kids do in life. It sounds like a built in excuse planted before the same incorrect behavior happens under his own roof.

"Hey, it ain't my fault. I raised 'em right. It's the blah, blah...(pick your favorite choice to blame others)."

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
rte Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Recruitment commercials,created to appeal to homos and trannies,are designed to recruit sick individuals who will destroy the military's ability to actually defend this nation.

One could reasonably argue this is the ultimate objective of Commie infiltrators such as Mark Milley and Lloyd Austin.

The cadet, who was caught displaying his hat which proclaimed that "Communism will win",is perhaps one of thousands who have been trained by Commie professors,who've embedded themselves into our educational system.

Perhaps this explains these weak minded individuals who engaged in this drug abuse incident.These cadets may not be the best and brightest but instead the people chosen for their willingness to embrace un-American/Commie ideals.

[Linked Image from media-cldnry.s-nbcnews.com]

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Just the shaggy haircut that soy boy is wearing would have gotten me some seroius disciplinary action in college ROTC back in the 1960's. Spouting communist propaganda would have resulted in a full fledged blanket party!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rte
Recruitment commercials,created to appeal to homos and trannies,are designed to recruit sick individuals who will destroy the military's ability to actually defend this nation.

One could reasonably argue this is the ultimate objective of Commie infiltrators such as Mark Milley and Lloyd Austin.

The cadet, who was caught displaying his hat which proclaimed that "Communism will win",is perhaps one of thousands who have been trained by Commie professors,who've embedded themselves into our educational system.

Perhaps this explains these weak minded individuals who engaged in this drug abuse incident.These cadets may not be the best and brightest but instead the people chosen for their willingness to embrace un-American/Commie ideals.

That SOB was given the boot, BTW

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Was he forced to pay back for his tax payer funded education? I am guessing no

Originally Posted by rte

That SOB was given the boot, BTW

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1234, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 10ring1, 160user, 12savage, 62 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,302
Posts18,505,380
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.