OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Still nothing.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I've been through three of these. First time they took out seven polyps 3 years later they took out three three years later they took out three more all of these polyps I was told were the ones that would definitely have given me an issue. Doesn't seem like too bad of ordeal to go through after watching my 46-year-old brother-in-law die of colon cancer about a year ago.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The prep has a side effect, killing microbes in your gut along with the cleanse. Food intake determines outcome for the most part. I have had multiple colonoscopy procedures and wouldn’t do what you’re doing on a bet. Hope it works out.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ldholton
I've been through three of these. First time they took out seven polyps 3 years later they took out three three years later they took out three more all of these polyps I was told were the ones that would definitely have given me an issue. Doesn't seem like too bad of ordeal to go through after watching my 46-year-old brother-in-law die of colon cancer about a year ago.

I’ve been through four colonoscopy’s. It’s not that big of a deal. Had polyps removed the last three. Yet I have friends in their 60s who won’t take one. Also I have a friend that’s been [bleep] in a bag since his early 50s, because of colon cancer.

Last edited by dale06; 03/13/22.

NRA Patron
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Diet has to give way to good digestive health. If you are constipated badly, incorporate more fiber into your diet. In the short term, go get some prune juice and drink a couple of glasses, see if that loosens you up.

After you get things moving again, up your fiber and water intake. The best diet in the world is of no use if you are miserable all the time and can't use the bathroom. Plus you will eventually develop bad hemorrhoids, and those fuggers can make life hell.

Just my two rubles.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A tablespoon of Metamucil or one of the similar off brands in a glass of water before bedtime will smooth out a low carb diet.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well, I just had my third colonoscopy about two weeks ago. Have fun with the Miralax. Drank that crap about 9 in the AM and it didn't take hold till about 1 PM. Shortly after that is was Katy bar the door and thing didn't quit till about 9 that evening. Next day was the big event. I went through it without sedation and got to watch the whole shoe on the monitor. Interesting trip. Doc found two polyps which he removed and an ugly looking spot that looked like a half hardened scab. Not good I'm thinking and sure as hell, it's some form of cancer. I guess it was worth it going though all the misery of he prep and having done two under sedation and one without, not much difference. Even under you feel the gas pains when they pump you full of air so that they can see inside. It only lasts for a few minutes that feels like centuries.
Now I have the good fortune (?) to hook up with the doc who is supposed to fix things. Just hoping like mad I don't end up with a bag. FWIW, I seriously doubt I will ever have to do another colonoscopy. I'm about halfway to birthday #84.

To the OP, enjoy the journey. I hope that drain cleaner works for you. Not something I would voluntarily do. BTW, prune juice works exceptionally well for me. Usually two glasses at the most does the job. I also like eating a few prunes every other day or so.

Edited to add: This really is a pretty schitty subject. grin
Paul B.

Last edited by PJGunner; 03/13/22.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Well, I just had my third colonoscopy about two weeks ago. Have fun with the Miralax. Drank that crap about 9 in the AM and it didn't take hold till about 1 PM. Shortly after that is was Katy bar the door and thing didn't quit till about 9 that evening. Next day was the big event. I went through it without sedation and got to watch the whole shoe on the monitor. Interesting trip. Doc found two polyps which he removed and an ugly looking spot that looked like a half hardened scab. Not good I'm thinking and sure as hell, it's some form of cancer. I guess it was worth it going though all the misery of he prep and having done two under sedation and one without, not much difference. Even under you feel the gas pains when they pump you full of air so that they can see inside. It only lasts for a few minutes that feels like centuries.
Now I have the good fortune (?) to hook up with the doc who is supposed to fix things. Just hoping like mad I don't end up with a bag. FWIW, I seriously doubt I will ever have to do another colonoscopy. I'm about halfway to birthday #84.

To the OP, enjoy the journey. I hope that drain cleaner works for you. Not something I would voluntarily do. BTW, prune juice works exceptionally well for me. Usually two glasses at the most does the job. I also like eating a few prunes every other day or so.

Edited to add: This really is a pretty schitty subject. grin
Paul B.

They never even give me an option of staying awake. Though not sure I would want to full disclosure I kind of like that stuff they put you out with best sleep I have in years. I told one nurse that and she kind of laughs as well that was the same stuff that killed Michael Jackson. The stuff they put me out with that is

Last edited by ldholton; 03/13/22.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Eat a whole bunch of raw spinach. Works for me.

He went over yonder way
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
on tap for my second one this summer.

My wife and I aligned our up for the same year so our insurance deductible is hit.

I'm not sure if other people do this but we're also including a endoscopy for our son who is on our policy.

the current state of medical care in this country - delaying procedures to maximize your insurance dollars.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Gooch, it does not work instantly. But it certainly will. If you keep taking it, you WILL see results for a VERY long time.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The prep is no fun. If it hasn't happened already stay close to the bathroom as the urge is followed immediately by the act. And it keeps happening. Over and over and over.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by g5m
The prep is no fun. If it hasn't happened already stay close to the bathroom as the urge is followed immediately by the act. And it keeps happening. Over and over and over.

Yep. My experience as well. The Prep was a lot worse than the Procedure.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Gotta start the super bowel cleaner tomorrow for a. Butt inspection on Tuesday. This will be my third. The nurses tell me I’m a good time.LOL Edk

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had my gallbladder taken out back in November and several other things were infected at the same time. Made it hell on me for about 6 weeks. When I went to my follow up afterwards, I told them I had been locked up for about a week. She advised a glass of prune juice and top it off with a little apple juice to help the flavor. It sure does work wonders. There have been a couple times at work in the mornings when I thought I would have to put in for maternity leave when I got out of the bathroom.

Good luck. Hope you break loose soon.

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
The faucet is on full blast.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had one ten years ago and I didn't think the prep was that big of a deal. I'm due for another one this year and hoping for the same deal.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (01Foreman400, 7887mm08, 300s, 2UP, 257 mag, 9 invisible), 1,577 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,075
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.