Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17058564 03/13/22
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
And unfortunately, I now know one. And it sucks. Hard. Cant admit to know his troubles, doubt outside his wife or a close Marine he served with anyone could. Always a smile. Joke and carry on. Never passed up a chance to help a fellow vet, or anyone in need. Took great pride in his work. And loved his wife like no other. Had the world by the balls. One thing I am certain of, im a better man for him allowing me to call him my friend.

Prayers for his wife Grace and all his family and friends please. RIP Craig, til we meet again my friend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're not being very specific, very vague in fact...but reading between the lines I think I know. Sad thing.

Condolences.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RiverRider
You're not being very specific, very vague in fact...but reading between the lines I think I know. Sad thing.

Condolences.

Thank you.

Those who are around it know what I meant. I been around vets my whole life and the only one I knew to take his own life was my dads uncle who was diagnosed with terminal cancer and decided to end it. Being around vets daily im certain theres pain I cant see. But ive never known one to end his pain this young. Confusing and hurtful that I didnt have a chance to intervene somehow.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's hard for most of us to comprehend someone feeling alone in a crowded room.

Godspeed Craig.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

IC B2

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane

Godspeed Craig.

I dont understand anything PTSD or depression related. I cant understand being alone when you have tons of friends that love you. And its hard to accept, but I have no choice. I feel like absolute schit that anyone has to live like that and make that type of decision.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I live... when you are now. There are no answers. Just pain.

The only thing I know to do is just keep living... and giving. Love without blinking... every second of every day.

Blessings upon Grace and his family... and friends.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by SKane

Godspeed Craig.

I dont understand anything PTSD or depression related. I cant understand being alone when you have tons of friends that love you. And its hard to accept, but I have no choice. I feel like absolute schit that anyone has to live like that and make that type of decision.

My mom took her own life 32 years ago. Whatever she was battling, which I can never understand, took a toll on her for 18 years and I saw her go through that hell that was invisible to me. That introduced me to my own hell for about a decade, an experience that defies description.

Maybe it's something we're better off not understanding...I think it may be so that the only way to understand is to experience it yourself. A small dose of it satisfies my own curiosity. Sometimes, the only way to regard these situations is to recognize and accept the concept of "it just is."

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry to hear this…. Makes me sad that not enough support is there for the ones who give so much to protect our way of life…to focused on helping those who have never contributed anything….. …

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

My mom took her own life 32 years ago. Whatever she was battling, which I can never understand, took a toll on her for 18 years and I saw her go through that hell that was invisible to me. That introduced me to my own hell for about a decade, an experience that defies description.

Maybe it's something we're better off not understanding...I think it may be so that the only way to understand is to experience it yourself. A small does of it satisfies my own curiosity. Sometimes, the only way to regard these situations is to recognize and accept the concept of "it just is."

Sorry to hear.

IC B3

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EQFD193
Sorry to hear this…. Makes me sad that not enough support is there for the ones who give so much to protect our way of life…to focused on helping those who have never contributed anything….. …

Definitely. It took a bunch of years to understand how bad vet care is. When I worked on the line my bud was in so much pain and pissed at the care he was receiving. Finally got a very understanding politician involved and he got it straightened out, 100% disability and one hell of a check.

But the mental aspect.....I cant see, even in a perfect world how vet care could stop whats hidden. I dont know, been goin at this in my brain all day and im exhausted. Time to head to bed. Couple prayers and a new day will do me good right about now.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Sorry to hear. 🙏🏻

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm going through this with me Marine son right now and my heart hurts for you and for him.i don't know where it will end , but I hope it's not anytime soon. Sending prayers

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Suicide rates are up 35% from 2010 to 2020.
We’re living in some fugked up times. Protect your vulnerable loved ones.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
It’s sad. I have a good friend who’s been through a lot. He 100% disabled and the treatment he gets from the VA is terrible at best. They’re motto seems to be “deny deny until they die”. As for the mental aspect I don’t think there’s anything all the counseling in the world can do for many. Some are just traumatized by combat and others like my friend live for it. I can promise you that if there were any way my friend could physically hold up he’d be on a plane already for the Ukraine. I worry about him deciding life isn’t worth it more because he can’t get back to combat than from anything he’s done or seen bothering him.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Combat is the greatest adventure there is. Terrifying and exilerating all at once. Roller coaster through a valcano, wrapped in a vagina while on extassy.

What do you do when you retire and all that comes back are the bad parts?

And you've lost your tribe?

Trust me when I tell you that "thanks for your service" becomes a backhanded comment.

Nobody's listening, nobody cares.

You find something to keep yourself busy and live another day.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry you lost your Buddy Pahick, Rest in Peace Great Warrior.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Damn. I’m sorry your friend succumbed to his demons. I come from a family where everyone served. I still don’t understand the hell some people go through from the aftermath of war. Blessings to you and your friend’s family! I hope they can find the support they are going to need.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pahick

Maybe it's something we're better off not understanding...I think it may be so that the only way to understand is to experience it yourself. A small does of it satisfies my own curiosity. Sometimes, the only way to regard these situations is to recognize and accept the concept of "it just is."

Sorry to hear.

Thanks. My own recovery was quite a journey. The story is told just to relate my own way of learning how to accept the unacceptable reality of it all. I know no other way to help anyone cope with such a loss, but I think it's valuable. It was for me.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
I'm going through this with me Marine son right now and my heart hurts for you and for him.i don't know where it will end , but I hope it's not anytime soon. Sending prayers

Sorry to hear that.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.