Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Its been a while since I have had the time to stop by. This used to be a bowhunting section buy I see its fast becoming a crossbow hunting section instead. Oh well, bowhunting is not for everybody. Not everybody is willing or able to rise to the challenges of bowhunting so its good there is an alternative for that sort.

The new knee I had install in Dec. is healing well. The down time has allowed me to catch up on a lot of office work but this is the longest Ive gone without bowhunting somewhere on the globe.

Last year was another record year for my bowhunting company (but I wont mention the name as I know it will send some here tripping over themselves to report me to the admin.)

Because of the success and because I loath sending money to this current administration failing in Washington, Ive found ways to instead, get it into the hands of worthwhile bowhunting and archery orgs in the form of corporate sponsorships.

I was able to benefit groups like

Wisconsin Bowhunters Assoc.
Wisconsin Traditional archers
Pope and Young
Professional Bowhunters Society
Raised at full draw youth bowhunting camps
the Ashby Foundation
Horicon Marsh Bowmen
Lusk Archery adventures
Town of Delafield Deer reduction program
National Bowhunter league
and others.

I like the idea of getting more and more youth and women into bowhunting so this week I sponsored another program within the WBH, At the Wisconsin Bowhunters Assocation convention last week, I became a corporate sponsor of the WBH archery kit loaner program that introduces not only kids but moms and dads to the great sport of archery and bowhunting. Its hoped that the people getting the loaner kits will build a relationship with their local archery shop to set up and tune and instruct these new archers and the gear and that they will become part of a bowhunting club and eventually take up bowhunting.

This program was in need of additional bow and arrows loaner kits that are loaned on a one year term so im sponsoring the program with 12 new bow and arrow kits.

I then reached out one of the best friends bowhunters in WI can have (Kaz at Buckrub Archery in Pewaukee) and he assembled the 12 bow and arrow kits for me to present to WBH.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Im prepping for my upcoming bowhunt in Greenland (targeting muskox) but will likely head to Texas to take some hogs before then.

Until then, Ill let you get back to your crossbow talk.

You pal
The Adventure Bowhunter

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB1

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Fantastic!! Have you been successful in shortening the crossbow season in WI yet? I see Buck Rub is selling crossbows, probably not as much of a concern as it used to be for you two since he's making money off of it. Nothing if not hypocritical!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
let`s not forget some of us have health issues so we are either now handi -capped by age and health or just health in general so now our only way to archery hunt is to use a x-bow. i started before compound bows were invented and killed deer with a recurve bow , used my fingers for releasing arrows from the string ,we held 100% of the poundage . but now from being a person who really worked for a living with my body and hands i and others have poorer health and drawing bows is not possible anymore so we use a x-bow we are handi-cap for the rest of our life . i have the scares from surgery to prove it and doctors to back it up ! Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pete53
i have the scares from surgery to prove it and doctors to back it up ! Pete53

Pete, I think you need a new Dr. I've had 4 major orthopedic surgeries but none of the Dr's has ever scared me.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by smokepole
i have the scares from surgery to prove it and doctors to back it up ! Pete53

Pete, I think you need a new Dr. I've had 4 major orthopedic surgeries but none of the Dr's has ever scared me.

well good for and very glad it went well for you , i had a little more damage i guess my line of work was ruff on my body., i never expected to live to almost 69 when your in the fast line , but sure is and has been a lot of fun ! cold beer is still tasty , but wife said no more Harleys ,been thinkin maybe a Indiana ?

Last edited by pete53; 03/15/22.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
let`s not forget some of us have health issues so we are either now handi -capped by age and health or just health in general so now our only way to archery hunt is to use a x-bow. i started before compound bows were invented and killed deer with a recurve bow , used my fingers for releasing arrows from the string ,we held 100% of the poundage . but now from being a person who really worked for a living with my body and hands i and others have poorer health and drawing bows is not possible anymore so we use a x-bow we are handi-cap for the rest of our life . i have the scares from surgery to prove it and doctors to back it up ! Pete53

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Region6

Pictures or it didn’t happen.

won`t happen and i don`t care

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
😂🤣😂 never fails he who’s loudest, hides behind the noise. Your definitely full of $hit.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Region6
😂🤣😂 never fails he who’s loudest, hides behind the noise. Your definitely full of $hit.

thank you , so i guess we are friends now

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, two of the worst things for deer & deer hunters in the state of WI in the same room!

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,702 guests, and 1,381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,215
Posts18,485,497
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.