-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew some Brothers that made a good living running routes to get them from muffler shops, and junk yards. They cut them open and got whatever the valuable stuff inside is, and put that in 55 gallon drums and sold it. Sold the outside for scrap. That is all one of the Brothers did, but the other one bought and sold fur, and pecans. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Around here the only place is a scrap yard. Deterent is you have to give DL, address and thumb print, to further deter them is the fact if it’s over 100.00 they don’t give cash, mail you a check which they delay for a week so if a bunch start getting stolen you can get a visit from popo.

Swifty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A buddy of mine bought a van at a Vegas city auction. Inside it had a several hundred gallon tank and a hatch in the floor. You can guess what it was used for.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
SORRY, calling Bravo Sierra on the initial report...360 gallons of diesel weighs 2500 lbs or there abouts, and takes up about 50 cubic feet of space...and with a "good" electric fuel pump...15GPM, would take 20 something minutes to pump...can't see that happening at a roadside gas station in broad daylight...van floor has to have a cut out...uses up space in the "heart" of the van...sorry didn't happen !!!

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That happened last time a democrat was on office. Here in Pa the bad guys would use a stock trailer. Pumped if from the under ground tank into holding tanks inside the trailer. Trailer has a hole cut in the bottom of the floor. Some kind of serious pups was used .Never caught them. They hit 4 stations in the county I worked in

Don't gobble at me
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A large convenience chain in this area went to completely pre pay as they were getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 1200 or so drive offs without pay per week.. Things are getting real around here with major crime moving into the area from the twin cities, madison, milwaukee, chicago. Only a matter of time when the strategically placed weapons here in the country will be put into action here on the farms.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tophorsecop
SORRY, calling Bravo Sierra on the initial report...360 gallons of diesel weighs 2500 lbs or there abouts, and takes up about 50 cubic feet of space...and with a "good" electric fuel pump...15GPM, would take 20 something minutes to pump...can't see that happening at a roadside gas station in broad daylight...van floor has to have a cut out...uses up space in the "heart" of the van...sorry didn't happen !!!

They had the story on the local news this morning about it, it was caught on video. they hit it 3 different times so not a thousand gallons at once.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You are not to question the legitimacy of the news story. You'll take it and you'll love it. Now watch some more of us lie to you!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by WildWest
Pretty soon, going to have to have an armed guard, in your vehicle to go to grocery store and fuel station.

I already have one.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Carry everywhere I go post office, banks, all stores, never a question. But I do look like a police officer. Clean cut white guy.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've said it before, but I know a guy who decided to try an experiment with open carry. He dressed in khakis, a pressed white shirt, and a nice belt/holster combo with cowboy boots and open-carried a 1911 for a few weeks. He didn't carry in the courthouse or Gov't buildings of course, but he said he never got a sideways look for the few weeks he tried it. Clean cut guy, about 55yrs old. He's a CCW teacher and just wanted to see how local society perceived an armed man that looked like a professional of some sort.

Now with even more aplomb
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Hey stx, you quoted me but apparently didn't read it before you quoted it...my calculations and calling BS are regarding 3 alleged thefts of 360 gallons, each time...a 330 gallon water plastic water tank in a cage measures roughly 40" X 48" X 54"...and when full of diesel weighs it more than a TON...not saying that with the interior stripped out it won't fit...but then you also need the through the floor access hatch...there will be the inherent spillage, etc etc....sorry just saying that the GAS STATION OWNER/MANAGER, er whatever he is, is lying by about a factor of TEN regarding the amount stolen to pad his insurance claim

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12savage, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,913
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.